Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Best way to get something through my uni qualifications? Are there any agencies you can go through?

Not my area of expertise unfortunately but it depends on your qualifications. May be best to contact companies directly or do a job hunt, a lot of places are open to doing interviews via skype if you're looking to move to the UK.

First time in Europe in 2016. These are the cities ideally I'd like to get around to. Any suggestions in terms of what should go after one another? I just had a quick look at a map of Europe and roughed it out based on that. What about cities that are similar to other cities that I could avoid? Any cities I must add?

Thanks!

LONDON
PARIS
AMSTERDAM
BERLIN
VIENNA
MILAN
ROME
BARCELONA
COPENHAGEN
OSLO
STOCKHOLM
Agree with the above poster. Could do Florence instead of Milan. Venice, Monaco, Bruges are also impressive, easy to navigate places for a first visit.

Everything booked - head off in a month for 7 weeks but a few questions:
- We've booked train tickets but what's with the reserving a seat thing? Is there actually a chance that we'll be standing on the 4 hour trip from Berlin to Prague if we don't make a reservation?
- My friend is having their 30th over there and we are looking for something awesome for the 4 of us to do in either Berlin or Amsterdam - checked out this place called the supper club which seems... interesting. But any other recommenedations or nice places for dinner?
- Best "cafe" to visit in Amsterdam?
- Best bars to vist in Berlin and Prague? We will be spending 4 Saturday nights in Germany/Prague so looking for a few bars and clubs that are worthwhile

Cheers!

- Best bars to vist in Berlin and Prague? We will be spending 4 Saturday nights in Germany/Prague so looking for a few bars and clubs that are worthwhile
Something for everyone in Berlin. Where are you staying and what are you looking for in terms of bars and clubs?

Something for everyone in Berlin. Where are you staying and what are you looking for in terms of bars and clubs?

We are staying slightly east of Mitte. Basically just want to know some places that have good food and drink menus for weeknights, and for the two weekends we are there we'll probably want bit more of a night club atmosphere.

We are staying slightly east of Mitte. Basically just want to know some places that have good food and drink menus for weeknights, and for the two weekends we are there we'll probably want bit more of a night club atmosphere.

Nightclub atmosphere in Berlin is verrry different to anything in Australia. Google these, they're strange. Good Strange (and now I think of it, might be shutting for the winter soon)

Sisyphus, Tresor, Kater Blau, Zur Wilden Renate, ELSE. Berghain is the big one. Definitely worth the experience. Depends if you want to take the time to line up for ages to be rejected on the whim of Sven Marquardt or one of his underlings.

Everything booked - head off in a month for 7 weeks but a few questions:
- We've booked train tickets but what's with the reserving a seat thing? Is there actually a chance that we'll be standing on the 4 hour trip from Berlin to Prague if we don't make a reservation?
- My friend is having their 30th over there and we are looking for something awesome for the 4 of us to do in either Berlin or Amsterdam - checked out this place called the supper club which seems... interesting. But any other recommenedations or nice places for dinner?
- Best "cafe" to visit in Amsterdam?

Cheers!
Yes, if the train is full, you can miss out on a seat. Last time I trained it around Europe, we were constantly kicking people out of our reserved seats. You could just sit on the floor for a few hour I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, if the train is full, you can miss out on a seat. Last time I trained it around Europe, we were constantly kicking people out of our reserved seats. You could just sit on the floor for a few hour I guess.

Well I can probably handle it for a couple of hours - looks like I'll be needing to reserve a seat on the 7 hour trip from Prague to Budapest though!

Do all of those long distance trains have toilets?
Still can't decide which train to go from Berlin>Prague then Prague>Switzerland or whether I'm better off flying. Trying to factor in both time and money.

Of course they have toilets.

Train from Berlin to Prague will be easier once you factor in time. You can get cheap flights but you lose out on paying getting to and from the airports. As for Prague to Switzerland that's a different story as I doubt you'll get a direct train. You'll need to get multiple trains back via Germany or Austria.

Do all of those long distance trains have toilets?
Still can't decide which train to go from Berlin>Prague then Prague>Switzerland or whether I'm better off flying. Trying to factor in both time and money.

Take the train. It's cheaper and provides a more authentic travel experience.

Bratislava. Have a day there coming up.. Any handy hints?

Check the weather in advance:(:straining:

Otherwise walking around the old town is easy as its fairly compact and depending on what's open you should be able to fill in your time. I went to see the Castle and spent the next few hours ducking in and out of shops to get away from the blizzard I arrived to

Bratislava. Have a day there coming up.. Any handy hints?

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Definitely check out Divny Janko restaurant, they do some decent cheap European pub food and have a really good atmosphere. The old town area is nice, outside of that the city is a dump. If you have time go for a walk up to the castle, it's a decent view and a good stroll.

Always expect it to come worse then the worst case scenario when it comes to traintravel in Germany.

Well, trains are at least often pretty crowded expecially around typical weekend and similar travel times. Probably less when you go midweek at an unpopular time...

Anyone know some cheapish party cruises aimed at young people in both the Greek Islands and Croatia? Ideally would like 4 or 5 days in each or 8-10 days if there's one which starts in Greece and finishes in Croatia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back