FTA-TV The Bachelor (Aus)

Who will stinky pants Richie choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't in the 1940's anymore....

I'm not watching this show as the concept doesn't interest me in the slightest but I'm surprised that fans of it expect the 'prize' (and the suitors who waive their dignity in trying to woo him/her) to find true love within this format and/or treat those that go on it seriously.

I don't judge the bachelor/bachelorette for locking lips with the suitors they've been provided, it's the whole point of the show and it would suffer if it didn't take place. :cool: However people who go on reality shows have relinquished the right to being perceived as classy. :p

The majority of people who go on these reality shows are seeking their 15 minutes of fame and anything else that eventuates is a bonus.

It's basically a random form (suitors are selected by producers for maximum ratings potential) of arranged match making. Which is why I'm staggered that the 2 couples in the first 2 seasons have lasted (apparently) up to this point, I thought for sure those 'relationships' would last just a few months if that.

I'll never understand the amount of scorn and disdain Big Brother has copped over the years but these tacky 'romantic' versions of reality tv get very little amount of flack by comparison. :confused: On the contrary most of the comments are positive. :confused: :confused:

We aren't in the 1940's anymore....
When it comes to the dating world you could have fooled me there. And for the record I'd consider anyone who dated that many people at once to be pretty unclassy and to do it on a tv show to boot... just a bunch of attention seekers.

Anyone who is genuine about finding love and thinks this is a serious way of going about it is a total moron. Fake as they come.

Back