Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Announced 1pm today........Ritcher.

Now club has fingers and toes crossed that Callinan picks them over the magpies. Might be a long year for them if he doesn't.

And he signs with Clarence!!!!! The Prez must be dipping into his superannuation post retirement to bring all the children back to the fold.

And he signs with Clarence!!!!! The Prez must be dipping into his superannuation post retirement to bring all the children back to the fold.

With Webberley & a few others one may ask how they all fit under the salary cap?

We should ask Mr Wade, he designed their payment systems after all.

Maybe he still runs it for them?

It could cost them Coxy though, small query was still out on Webberley last I heard also.
whats happened to Jamie Charlesworth, he is an assistant coach ( clarence didnt pay Hobart fc any transfer fees !!!)
i know he went their on the same package as Thurley was getting ( the top earner in the Club !!

Any way i sure Scott will fix ,all of the salary cap breaches, and i he will look forward to watchin them at his new offices at Boot Park"

whats happened to Jamie Charlesworth, he is an assistant coach ( clarence didnt pay Hobart fc any transfer fees !!!)
i know he went their on the same package as Thurley was getting ( the top earner in the Club !!

Any way i sure Scott will fix ,all of the salary cap breaches, and i he will look forward to watchin them at his new offices at Boot Park"

Despite what all the cynics on here would like to believe, Wade and Clarence are not on great terms.
Charlesworth is costing Clarence a fortune, his contract states he gets paid whether he plays or not, he doesn't play all that much.
I doubt whether Clarence would have had to pay a transfer fee for a player coming from an SFL club.

Despite what all the cynics on here would like to believe, Wade and Clarence are not on great terms.
Charlesworth is costing Clarence a fortune, his contract states he gets paid whether he plays or not, he doesn't play all that much.
I doubt whether Clarence would have had to pay a transfer fee for a player coming from an SFL club.

Charlesworth, Webberley & Callinan. These 3 alone would exceed the salary cap. That wouldnt happen unless head office allowed/funded it.

Clarence’s recruitment of Ian Callinan hinges on salary cap exemption
by Brett Stubbs
Reading the above comments wont be a problem with the Cosy relationship Clarence have with AFL Tasmania and the faulty calculator they use with adding player payments totals at Boot Park, some would say they had exemptions since SWL version 2 started. However the players Richard Mulligan mentioned only played a handful of games where Callinan will play all season one would think so its not a fair comparison really.

But he will be a good pick up for the League however once you start bending the rules you open a can worms.

Last edited:
Clarence’s recruitment of Ian Callinan hinges on salary cap exemption
by Brett Stubbs
Reading the above comments wont be a problem with the Cosy relationship Clarence have with AFL Tasmania and the faulty calculator they use with adding player payments totals at Boot Park, some would say they had exemptions since SWL version 2 started. However the players Richard Mulligan mentioned only played a handful of games where Callinan will play all season one would think so its not a fair comparison really.

But he will be a good pick up for the League however once you start bending the rules you open a can worms.

From a footy point of view its great to see him back. We loved watching him in the Devils VFL days. He was a special little player. Its a pity the way its gone on his return. I'd hoped he might have gone to a lower club & helped with development. I seems nothing changes with which clubs seem to pick up players & never bother the salary cap. Its a joke.

I see the Ivan Deans Parliamentary report on 'football' comes out soon. That'll be a laugh I'm sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a footy point of view its great to see him back. We loved watching him in the Devils VFL days. He was a special little player. Its a pity the way its gone on his return. I'd hoped he might have gone to a lower club & helped with development. I seems nothing changes with which clubs seem to pick up players & never bother the salary cap. Its a joke.

I see the Ivan Deans Parliamentary report on 'football' comes out soon. That'll be a laugh I'm sure.[/QUOTE

Not dignified at all - basically an auction so no surprise which has club prevailed. Wait and see what job has been thrown in.....

I think the cap in hand explanation by Clarence's GM is just designed as a pretense to transparency. Its just to make them look like they acknowledge the problem & will 'try' to get an exemption for him. How do they keep all those current players, including Drury, under the salary cap? Its a joke. Wade/Young will mull over this for many many minutes(& two beers) before they make a decision, that 'in the best interests of football' he play at Clarence.

Rotten to the core, nothing changes.

Have heard a rumour that Callinan is maybe going into the gardening business as co-partner of the business with another player.

Sounds all a bit Gavin Wanganeenish for me when he went to Port Adelaide and the rumour bout a McDonalds.

Oh well......did we expect anything less........honestly. I had a good chat with a publican today about the powers to be at AFL Tas surviving the Cresswell appointment for the devils. Geez, it gave us all a good laugh and made for a good lunchtime.

On next weeks menu.............Appertiser: The demise of the Mariners. Main Course: The demise of The Devils. Dessert: The demise of North Hobart. Guest Speaker will talk about surviving demises and still remaining in control year in and year out.

Last edited:
Have heard a rumour that Callinan is maybe going into the gardening business as co-partner of the business with another player.

Sounds all a bit Gavin Wanganeenish for me when he went to Port Adelaide and the rumour bout a McDonalds.

Oh well......did we expect anything less........honestly. I had a good chat with a publican today about the powers to be at AFL Tas surviving the Cresswell appointment for the devils. Geez, it gave us all a good laugh and made for a good lunchtime.

On next weeks menu.............Appertiser: The demise of the Mariners. Main Course: The demise of The Devils. Dessert: The demise of North Hobart. Guest Speaker will talk about surviving demises and still remaining in control year in and year out.
ah too be so incompetent in your Job and have no fear of being removed

AFL Tasmania "The Untouchables"

ah too be so incompetent in your Job and have no fear of being removed

AFL Tasmania "The Untouchables"

If anything shows the AFLs complete neglect & contempt of Tasmania & its football, its this. The behavior of their branch office, AFLTas. It has been & remains a disgrace. They've continually chopped & changed clubs & leagues & football in general in a haphazard & arrogant manner. Why? Thats the question. Why have they been so disruptive & arrogant. What have they thrown all that money at? One would love the auditors to see the real picture of the last 20 years.

If anything shows the AFLs complete neglect & contempt of Tasmania & its football, its this. The behavior of their branch office, AFLTas. It has been & remains a disgrace. They've continually chopped & changed clubs & leagues & football in general in a haphazard & arrogant manner. Why? Thats the question. Why have they been so disruptive & arrogant. What have they thrown all that money at? One would love the auditors to see the real picture of the last 20 years.

I certainly Blame the AFL I think they are Happy to have people who don't stir the pot with Head Office running the local Office in the backwaters this lot down here remind me of F-Troop (Sorry only us old farts might get that reference),

They have certainly seen Grass Root football decimated Australia Wide in the last twenty years but hey its all about the AFL "Brand"

I have yet to find anyone remotely interested in Tasmanian football, that have a different view than us 3 commenting here.

Surely....everyone can't be wrong!!!

I have yet to find anyone remotely interested in Tasmanian football, that have a different view than us 3 commenting here.

Surely....everyone can't be wrong!!!

No, no one is wrong. Its just as has been said. The AFL itself doesn't really care about football, or about communities, or about the football public. They only care about themselves, their own image & their own pockets.

I think the cap in hand explanation by Clarence's GM is just designed as a pretense to transparency. Its just to make them look like they acknowledge the problem & will 'try' to get an exemption for him. How do they keep all those current players, including Drury, under the salary cap? Its a joke. Wade/Young will mull over this for many many minutes(& two beers) before they make a decision, that 'in the best interests of football' he play at Clarence.

Rotten to the core, nothing changes.
When its all said and done what Clarence are asking for is to have a larger salary cap than the other 9 clubs. Is that fair ? It wouldnt suprise me if AFL Tas think so. The only fair way for AFL Tas to get around this is to raise the salary cap for all clubs. Maybe Clarence will have to part with a player or 2 to get Callinan. We all know the salay cap is a joke but if Wade and Co allow Clarence to get away with this it will be officially endorsed by AFL Tas as a joke in my opinion.

North Launceston have lost Mohr, O'Sign, A. Cox-Goodyear and Holland. That leaves big Rooza as the only bloke at the club over 25. Will this have major implications or can Wombat Littlejohn recruit some quality NTFA players? Or will the 21-24 year olds who have 3-4 years of senior football under them now be able to manage?

North Launceston have lost Mohr, O'Sign, A. Cox-Goodyear and Holland. That leaves big Rooza as the only bloke at the club over 25. Will this have major implications or can Wombat Littlejohn recruit some quality NTFA players? Or will the 21-24 year olds who have 3-4 years of senior football under them now be able to manage?

NL had a good young ressies team so one would thing some of them will step up.

Looking at the 'muckery' today, it seems Western Storm are in lots of trouble. They had no depth this season & are losing most of their senior team. How does AFLwade protect their own team? As if it wasn't bad enough that they've forced them to change from their original, distinctive jumper. They now have to wear the poo & wee hand me downs. Its probably just an old premiership set anyway:rolleyes:

It must be getting hard to stump up for both WS & Devonport, as well as now help out the GMs old club to pay for their growing playing bill at Boot park:rolleyes:

Meanwhile other clubs slug it out working by themselves, just to make ends meet. Its just crook really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back