List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Thread - Pre-Season & Rookie Draft Friday 11:00am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who I really like who hasn't been mentioned too much is Ryan Clarke. Hits the ball at pace, runs all day, uses it well and knows where the goals are. Reminds me a bit of Billy Hartung. Apparently we've met with Clarke a few times as well.

Ryan Clarke (17/06/1997. 180cm, 77kg. Eastern Ranges)

Medium midfielder

AFL biography: Medium midfielder who has a thirst for the contest. A prolific ball winner with elite endurance. Thrives with his contested ball winning ability, and can also find it out in space due to a terrific work rate. Averaged 19 disposals (10 contested), 3.8 clearances and 3.2 tackles in five games at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

"He's one of the hardest running players I've ever seen. He just runs his guts out - he gets from contest to contest to contest and his ability to carry the ball through the middle of the ground has been really important for us as well. He gets the ball himself, he can bring others into the game with his hands and you just can't stop him on the spread. He's surprised me a little bit: I came to the club at the start of the year not knowing him and when I saw him train just before Christmas I thought 'yeah, good solid footballer.' But he has an unbelievable willingness to compete and a great understanding of the game, the sort of nous that's just ingrained in some kids."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...idfielders-20151008-gk456y.html#ixzz3o8JlhkYH
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Based on our website he's on the senior list....but the club hasn't said anything yet
Was elevated prior to the finals, list lodgement isn't due until end of October so nothing has changed.

Someone who I really like who hasn't been mentioned too much is Ryan Clarke. Hits the ball at pace, runs all day, uses it well and knows where the goals are. Reminds me a bit of Billy Hartung. Apparently we've met with Clarke a few times as well.

Ryan Clarke (17/06/1997. 180cm, 77kg. Eastern Ranges)

Medium midfielder

AFL biography: Medium midfielder who has a thirst for the contest. A prolific ball winner with elite endurance. Thrives with his contested ball winning ability, and can also find it out in space due to a terrific work rate. Averaged 19 disposals (10 contested), 3.8 clearances and 3.2 tackles in five games at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

"He's one of the hardest running players I've ever seen. He just runs his guts out - he gets from contest to contest to contest and his ability to carry the ball through the middle of the ground has been really important for us as well. He gets the ball himself, he can bring others into the game with his hands and you just can't stop him on the spread. He's surprised me a little bit: I came to the club at the start of the year not knowing him and when I saw him train just before Christmas I thought 'yeah, good solid footballer.' But he has an unbelievable willingness to compete and a great understanding of the game, the sort of nous that's just ingrained in some kids."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/tradin...idfielders-20151008-gk456y.html#ixzz3o8JlhkYH
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
To small

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that TT. Both but in some decent numbers for underage players. Oliver was even named in the bests!
They should be on the VFL website . IIRC he had 20 plus in his first game and was named in the best for about a hour and then it was changed .
The second game I think he had 12- 15?? till half time and then put on ice . This is at around the time yarran got single figures in the VFL .

Theres another Rioli....

Daniel Rioli (16/04/1997, 179cm, 65kg. St Marys/North Ballarat Rebels)

Small forward/defender/midfielder

AFL biography: Small forward or defender who is extremely dangerous around goals and very capable overhead for his size. Cousin of Cyril. Really impressed in round three of the championships against Tasmania. Averaged 12.3 possessions (10.3 contested) and 4.7 tackles at the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships. Impressed with his four goals against the Geelong Falcons in the TAC Cup finals earlier this month.

"Daniel has a bit of x factor about him. He doesn't need too many possessions to make an impact on the game. He's very calm when he gets the ball and he makes some pretty good decisions. It's his first year in the program so he's still getting used to all the requirements, but he's done a good job with that and he gets himself organised. He's played some really good footy for us and the NT this year. You can tell a sweet kick of the footy by the sound it makes off the boot, and he's got that."

Phil Partington, North Ballarat talent manager
Partington is a flogger who judges footballers on name or relations .

Very similar.

A few people on here having been saying we should keep our first round pick for this kid.

Just wondering how we can be sure he will still be available at 12. What are people basing that on? Who else is in the group of preferred choices that might be available around pick 12?

If there will be talent like him still available at 12 - makes our first round pick even more valuable and we should explore every option to try and not use it for Yarran.

I've been following Daniel for a while. He is still raw but you can see the ability there. Obviously the recruiters think that too. To be invited to the combine, you have to be rated in the top 60 recruits.
Not have already been be tested a million times and aren't injured , many draftees don't do the combine. I stand by my comment partington is a flogger .

hmm, so he is a lock then for a top 10 pick :p ?

Just kidding, then dunkley if available at 12 would be the go ?
If Astbury is going I'd be trying to upgrade our first to ensure we land Oliver .
But then again I suggested we trade up to get wines the year he was drafted and given that he wouldn't be a asset at all now in our midfield of coarse ,wtf would I know . ;)

Just going to preface this and say I know it will never happen but here it is:

12 + 31 + 2016 2nd or 3rd too the Saints for 5 + 24
5 + 2015 3rd too the Cats for 9 + 28

We end up with 9 + 24 + 28
Lose 12, 31, 49 and next year 2nd or 3rd

Feedback welcome but no hate please

If Astbury is going I'd be trying to upgrade our first to ensure we land Oliver .
But then again I suggested we trade up to get wines the year he was drafted and given that he wouldn't be a asset at all now in our midfield of coarse ,wtf would I know . ;)
Mate, we can suggest anything we want, but the reality is they can't do half the things we suggest because the other teams are not that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back