Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

For sure. If that's what happens. Some Geelong supporters have outright stated that Adelaide just would not match. Some, like myself, have said that there's "a real possibility" that Adelaide won't match and highlighted the reasons for why Adelaide may not match. Claiming that Adelaide outright wouldn't match is obviously incorrect, even if that's what happens, as I believe Adelaide harbour genuine intentions of doing so.

It's important to remember that both sets of supporters have made equally outrageous claims over the journey. Those of whom have made arguably outrageous claims of why Patrick wasn't leaving in the first place should reflect upon some of the ridiculous things that they too have claimed. My only suggestion is that it be left only to he who is without sin to cast the first stone when contemplating calling out Geelong supporters.
Really? Pretty sure you said Adelaide wouldn't match and we'd accept the comp pick.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really? Pretty sure you said Adelaide wouldn't match and we'd accept the comp pick.
Some quotes from SC ...

"if you match, you deserve NOTHING and I hope PD and PC and the GFC shaft you."

"We won't. We will keep our picks. You guys won't have the balls too match, even if you have the cash. You'll let Danger walk to the cattery and you'll accept your COMPENSATION and move on."

"If we want to be a ruthless organisation, if Paddy wants to be ruthless towards assisting Geelong build for future premiership success while he's playing there, then refuse to trade. Let them match, tell them "sucked in, now you get diddly squat for your best player" and let him go to the PSD."​

Also this one about the shared points from the game during the season ...

"The same club I might add, which so graciously and selflessly accepted the two points to forfeit the match after the Phil Walsh trajedy. It's a big slap in the face, really."​

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
My only suggestion is that it be left only to he who is without sin to cast the first stone when contemplating calling out Geelong supporters.

I dunno about that, mate

Without wanting to talk for other people, because they have their own voice, but I feel as though there'd be plenty with similar thoughts.

Throughout the whole season I've had no idea whether Danger would stay or not. I am not privvied to that kind of information. What I went by was my own general sense of hope that he'd stay and read too much into the 'clues' that he left throughout the season. I never made a blanket statement about what he was or wasn't doing...

But the thing is, though - in 2015, Dangerfield was an Adelaide player, and while he was running around playing his guts out in the navy blue, red and yellow, I see no reason why it should be considered a 'sin', as you've called it, to hope and say that he'll stay in Adelaide.

At the same time, all bloody year we've had to deal with these halfwits from down Corio Bay who have had an entitlement complex telling us all year that Geelong are gonna get Danger as a FA -

Well history tells us that you're gonna get Danger, but you can get the * out of here with that FA bullshit. You want him as a FA, pay him the $1.5 million a season that it'll cost, but you're too cheap for that, so cough up the draft picks instead.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
It appears after reading the Geelong thread that several supporters have zero understanding of what professional sport means. Most of them think that because we are demanding a trade we have 'no credibility and morally bankrupt', 'if its the same admin that struck the tippett deal it explains a lot.'

Letter to all supporters living in a bygone era!

This is a multi billion dollar a year industry where every decision made by a club costs millions of dollars. That player drafted at pick 72 two years ago and got delisted without playing a game, that probably cost the club who drafted him just shy of half a million dollars by the time you add up development, scouting, recruitment, training equipment, paying for every want or need for the player in that time including flying family out and flying them home, rehab, rehab facilities. Success creates exposure and exposure generates money through fans and sponsorship increases. For those people simply suggesting we should just simply take pick 14 for our troubles have not one single idea on what it takes to run an AFL club and the impact that one decision can have. The only time a club should act compassionately towards any player leaving is a sick family member and the variety of issues that can surround that. Other than that its a professional business and that's what the players have signed up for. They get paid handsomely for it and want for nothing. So shut up and get with the program or follow amateur football where players move around as they please if you can not handle the realities of the big time.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some quotes from SC ...

"if you match, you deserve NOTHING and I hope PD and PC and the GFC shaft you."

"We won't. We will keep our picks. You guys won't have the balls too match, even if you have the cash. You'll let Danger walk to the cattery and you'll accept your COMPENSATION and move on."

"If we want to be a ruthless organisation, if Paddy wants to be ruthless towards assisting Geelong build for future premiership success while he's playing there, then refuse to trade. Let them match, tell them "sucked in, now you get diddly squat for your best player" and let him go to the PSD."​

Also this one about the shared points from the game during the season ...

"The same club I might add, which so graciously and selflessly accepted the two points to forfeit the match after the Phil Walsh trajedy. It's a big slap in the face, really."​
Yep. Two-faced comes to mind.

Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
It appears after reading the Geelong thread that several supporters have zero understanding of what professional sport means. Most of them think that because we are demanding a trade we have 'no credibility and morally bankrupt', 'if its the same admin that struck the tippett deal it explains a lot.'

Letter to all supporters living in a bygone era!

This is a multi billion dollar a year industry where every decision made by a club costs millions of dollars. That player drafted at pick 72 two years ago and got delisted without playing a game, that probably cost the club who drafted him just shy of half a million dollars by the time you add up development, scouting, recruitment, training equipment, paying for every want or need for the player in that time including flying family out and flying them home, rehab, rehab facilities. Success creates exposure and exposure generates money through fans and sponsorship increases. For those people simply suggesting we should just simply take pick 14 for our troubles have not one single idea on what it takes to run an AFL club and the impact that one decision can have. The only time a club should act compassionately towards any player leaving is a sick family member and the variety of issues that can surround that. Other than that its a professional business and that's what the players have signed up for. They get paid handsomely for it and want for nothing. So shut up and get with the program or follow amateur football where players move around as they please if you can not handle the realities of the big time.
Yeah I read that stuff too. Pretty embarrassing stuff. Zero credibility from those fans and clearly very poor football knowledge. Smart thing to do is ignore it. Doesn't warrant a response. 12 year olds.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dunno about that, mate

Without wanting to talk for other people, because they have their own voice, but I feel as though there'd be plenty with similar thoughts.

Throughout the whole season I've had no idea whether Danger would stay or not. I am not privvied to that kind of information. What I went by was my own general sense of hope that he'd stay and read too much into the 'clues' that he left throughout the season. I never made a blanket statement about what he was or wasn't doing...

But the thing is, though - in 2015, Dangerfield was an Adelaide player, and while he was running around playing his guts out in the navy blue, red and yellow, I see no reason why it should be considered a 'sin', as you've called it, to hope and say that he'll stay in Adelaide.

At the same time, all bloody year we've had to deal with these halfwits from down Corio Bay who have had an entitlement complex telling us all year that Geelong are gonna get Danger as a FA -

Well history tells us that you're gonna get Danger, but you can get the **** out of here with that FA bullshit. You want him as a FA, pay him the $1.5 million a season that it'll cost, but you're too cheap for that, so cough up the draft picks instead.

seconded!

Don't forget about the abuse and blatant insults baiting us. I know I and a few others were far from perfect but that board all year lacked a lot of class and yeah, you are not wrong about acting all entitled like they are a big club. They aren't even in the top 4 big clubs in Victoria let alone the country in fact they are 11th.

May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It's important to remember that both sets of supporters have made equally outrageous claims over the journey. Those of whom have made arguably outrageous claims of why Patrick wasn't leaving in the first place should reflect upon some of the ridiculous things that they too have claimed. My only suggestion is that it be left only to he who is without sin to cast the first stone when contemplating calling out Geelong supporters.

During the year I strictly maintained that I didn't know what Danger was planning to do nor did I ever suggest that he was staying. I also never voiced an opinion on whether we would match a RFA offer or not except to say that I hoped we would. The only time I expressed any degree of certainty in this whole saga was to rebut the stupid notiob that the AFLPA would throw a tantrum if we matched your offer, and considering their CEO has recently proven me correct by publicly stating that the AFC is entitled to pursue the best outcome for themselves by matching, that can only mean one thing...

...hand me the first stone.

arsene wenger1

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
LOL the Geelong board, it's the "unwritten intent" part of RFA that we don't get which makes all our trade logic ridiculous. It's "the vibe" folks !
Yep and apparently WCE have handled themselves with absolute class for not matching Selwood. What a bunch of clowns. Their compo pick would prob be more than they'd gey for a trade for him

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dunno about that, mate

Well history tells us that you're gonna get Danger, but you can get the **** out of here with that FA bullshit. You want him as a FA, pay him the $1.5 million a season that it'll cost, but you're too cheap for that, so cough up the draft picks instead.
I think this is my favourite post of yours

Jul 27, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
No. I have constantly defended my stance on why I believed that Adelaide were a chance to not match. I can understand your reasons for perhaps viewing the component of my argument which I have been called upon continously to defend as being my actual argument.

Jul 27, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
IIRC, you stated there was a "real possibility" that Dangerfield would go into the PSD and Geelong would get him for nothing.
I said that if Dangerfield went into the PSD we would get him for nothing. Which is why Geelong were a "real possibility" to get him for nothing, as Adelaide wouldn't match in that case, knowing they too would receive nothing in return for Danger. There's a slight difference.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I said that if Dangerfield went into the PSD we would get him for nothing. Which is why Geelong were a "real possibility" to get him for nothing, as Adelaide wouldn't match in that case, knowing they too would receive nothing in return for Danger. There's a slight difference.
I seem to be mis-reading your position - sorry - can you just explain to me how your quote below is not the opposite to what you are claiming?

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
I seem to be mis-reading your position - sorry - can you just explain to me how your quote below is not the opposite to what you are claiming?

He won't give in will he. I guess when you're in a hole you can't get out of..

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Do we still have post of the year?

Cause this should win

Danger won't go into the psd under any circumstances! Mardi would go spare...

Oct 31, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Some posters (*cough) in this thread doing some serious......
6vApA.gif

Apr 21, 2007
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Yurrampi
Always made sense for the Crows to match/trade. That being said I think pick 9 and ghs/Murdoch or even with a 2nd rounder is a great deal for the Cats. Would be good for all to utilise the compensation pick as well if possible.

I think both clubs have acted with class this year and will continue to do so.

Congrats on a great year (winning a final) amidst so much adversity.

Back