List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have moved on 3 long standing, loyal players without residual damage. Not one of them, to my knowledge has publicly at least said a bad word against our club.......no damage to the Father Sons! We are just as ruthless as Collingwood or anyone else, just do it better.
Wold they have gone and would it have been harder had they been premiership p,ayers?
Hmmmm.

Over 40 years on this earth.......Just once Saints......PLEASE!

Give them Delaney + our 2nd rounder. That's honestly fair. They get a KPD that they have just lost, and let's just be nice, and give them our 2nd rounder.

Mathieson/Parish, Carlisle, Rice, then upgrading Sinclair. That's perfect

Hopefully we can get Carlisle and Freeman on the cheap, seemingly "winning" the deal with both Essendon and Collingwood (clearly our supporters don't like either).

Hopefully we can get Hurley and Sidebottom on the free, definitively "winning" by picking them up as free agents, hurting Essendon and Collingwood (clearly our supporters don't like either).

Imagine...

Hopefully we can get Carlisle and Freeman on the cheap, seemingly "winning" the deal with both Essendon and Collingwood (clearly our supporters don't like either).

Hopefully we can get Hurley and Sidebottom on the free, definitively "winning" by picking them up as free agents, hurting Essendon and Collingwood (clearly our supporters don't like either).

Imagine...

If we got Hurley and Sidebottom as free agents next year, essendon and collingwood supporters would be crying in the streets.. lol

Thoughts on be brave and drafting Wayne Milera at pick 5. He's a draft bolter who would fit our needs perfectly IMO.
Just watched his highlights on youtube. Looks absolutely unbelievable. Does it all. Inside outside. Kicks goals. Lays tackles.

Kicked 5 in a senior SANFL match. Not many 17yo midfielders (he was 17 at the time) have done that ever. Probably in 100 years.

Last edited:
Just watched his highlights on youtube. Looks absolutely unbelievable. Does it all. Inside outside. Kicks goals. Lays tackles.

Kicked 5 in a senior SANFL match. Not many 17yo midfielders (he was 17 at the time) have done that ever. Probably in 100 years.

Looks like a Shaun Burgoyne type from those highlights

Just watched a small highlights package of Matheison - reminders me a bit in his body movement of Cousins that said when he got the ball he just threw it on the boot blindly without much thought to where he was kicking it - maybe it wasnt a good selection of highlights - but am I missing something - those in the know say he is tough uncompromising inside mid but even that just doesnt get my juices flowing - didnt look overly big either and we have that in Armo and Weller already

Kinda leaning now towards the Francis bandwagon as I see him as replacing Fisher - backfield general with a bit of something special

I know we need midfielders but is this a good year??

With Francis and Carlisle our backline would be complete - our forwardline is shaping up and we have players that can go forward and back

In the midfield we have Freeman coming in, Acres, Billings, Sinclair, Ross, Newnes, Dunstan, McKenzie Minchington all developing as well Weller, Steven, Armo - I reckon we can wait another year before hitting up for more mids remembering we also have free agency we can use as well to get some gun mids

Lets absolutely consolidate our defence - Francis looks like a gun back general in the making and with Goddard, Carlisle, Roberton and Webster beside him our backline looks enormous

Bottom line though we must retain and use pick 5

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good morning all.

It all starts tomorrow, and I believe we will still have pick 5 at the end of the trade period, why?

Three reasons, Ameet, Trout and Finnis, guys as I have stated previously, these gentlemen have taken us from a basket case to a team that players want to come to, and that Ameet has already said that pick 5 will not be used as a straight trade for Carlisle, he was forewarning Essendon in advance, through the media.

Having said that, there still could be a chance that pick 5 will be gone, but only if it weighs heavily in our favour, look at last year, they said pick 1 could be traded, but no one could bring something that would tempt us, or maybe the ludicrous Boyd trade changed all that.

What about pick 5 going to Essendon, and in return we get Carlisle and pick 4:), that way Essendon supporters can say they were right.

When you have the opportunity to grab KPP who fills a need, you do it. What's to say there will be a player of Carlisles calibre available to us in coming years. He's available now, we take him now.
I'm not giving up Pick 5, but I'm not giving Carlton the chance of getting him in the PSD.

Well then you have to give up something to get him, and I've not heard one person say that a second round would or should be enough - except in here.
You guys are funny. Every single media commentator has said it has to involve pick 5 and yet in here you sfellow away as if we're delusional for thinking the same.
You can't think you'll pick up 2 high quality players, both of which you really want and need, and think you'll give up nothing to get them.

Good morning all.

It all starts tomorrow, and I believe we will still have pick 5 at the end of the trade period, why?

Three reasons, Ameet, Trout and Finnis, guys as I have stated previously, these gentlemen have taken us from a basket case to a team that players want to come to, and that Ameet has already said that pick 5 will not be used as a straight trade for Carlisle, he was forewarning Essendon in advance, through the media.

Having said that, there still could be a chance that pick 5 will be gone, but only if it ways heavily in our favour, look at last year, they said pick 1 could be traded, but no one could bring something that would tempt us, or maybe the ludicrous Boyd trade changed all that.

What about pick 5 going to Essendon, and in return we get Carlisle and pick 4:), that way Essendon supporters can say they were right.

Good post - Essendon supporters are absolutely convinced they will get pick 5; it is interesting to watch. I am not sure what we have focused on to get with the pick Francis / Mathison may be gone by then but I do not think Essendon will end up with it unless the above happens!! If we lose pick 5 hope it will not be to Essendon

Well then you have to give up something to get him, and I've not heard one person say that a second round would or should be enough - except in here.
You guys are funny. Every single media commentator has said it has to involve pick 5 and yet in here you sfellow away as if we're delusional for thinking the same.
You can't think you'll pick up 2 high quality players, both of which you really want and need, and think you'll give up nothing to get them.

Seriously - why are you posting here?? If you read most posts here acknowledge 5 may go but not to Essendon! Carlsile would be worth a pick 12-15 which we do not have so think about it; it is time to negotiate will be interesting

There are a lot of your lot posting that Essendon will send Carlisle to the PSD this is the reason we start calling you delusional - seriously!! Rather end up with nothing just to make a point...the Mathews non logic

Good post - Essendon supporters are absolutely convinced they will get pick 5; it is interesting to watch. I am not sure what we have focused on to get with the pick Francis / Mathison may be gone by then but I do not think Essendon will end up with it unless the above happens!! If we lose pick 5 hope it will not be to Essendon
How many experts would of thought we would get a late first for Stanley?

That's because the media are all ******* sheep. I should point out that the reason most are saying pick 5 is because we have 5 & 24, with 24 being too little.

Most media commentators have said pick 5, but have added that his worth lies somewhere in between pick 5 & 24.

We will get a pick around 12-15 which will get the deal done. You won't get as much as you did for Ryder because unlike Ryder, Jake is uncontracted.

You either take what we give you, which will be unders for you & favour us or he walks to the PSD.

It's not that ******* hard to understand.

Uncontracted next year = no bargaining power for you

Seriously - why are you posting here?? If you read most posts here acknowledge 5 may go but not to Essendon! Carlsile would be worth a pick 12-15 which we do not have so think about it; it is time to negotiate will be interesting

No. Most people say 'we need to keep pick 5 regardless'. I'm curious what THEY think they'll give up.
I've read the downgrade picks but that requires another club and is far from a done thing.

No. Most people say 'we need to keep pick 5 regardless'. I'm curious what THEY think they'll give up.
I've read the downgrade picks but that requires another club and is far from a done thing.

Our next two seconds is more than fair. It's comparable to what you got for Ryder and not only was Ryder more highly rated in his position, but he was contracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back