Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really need to get worked up over an article about the epitome of a steak knives player? It reeks of inferiority complex.

Crows supporters know deep down they got shafted on the Dangerfield deal. Just enjoy it for what it is.

We got a handy pick 55.... just sayin'
A few others in the 50s. This is a selection from the last 15 drafts so as well as these hits there have been a lot of misses.
Cassisi - 50, Newman - 55, Medhurst - 56, Crowley - 55, Fisher - 55, Patfull - 56, W.Schofield - 50, L.Thomas - 53, Gray - 55, Walters - 53, O'Shea - 52, Dickson - 57, Neale - 58.
Some of these players have been or are especially good, all have been worthwhile players.

So in one day of the trade period Geelong have basically gifted Dangerfield Mark 2 to the Camrys while Port will literally have to sell their soul for a glass ankled fringe player. Noble's s**t sure doesn't stink in this town. Interesting that Graham Cornes is not quite as impressed as the spin coming forth from WL.

Crows getting o.t.t. hype about losing their best player
Port getting negative press about gaining a monster forward

#balance

A few others in the 50s. This is a selection from the last 15 drafts so as well as these hits there have been a lot of misses.
Cassisi - 50, Newman - 55, Medhurst - 56, Crowley - 55, Fisher - 55, Patfull - 56, W.Schofield - 50, L.Thomas - 53, Gray - 55, Walters - 53, O'Shea - 52, Dickson - 57, Neale - 58.
Some of these players have been or are especially good, all have been worthwhile players.

Almost eerie, mind you I won't bet on Gore being a top 5 in the comp like Danger.... well top 5 rated by some :)

So in one day of the trade period Geelong have basically gifted Dangerfield Mark 2 to the Camrys while Port will literally have to sell their soul for a glass ankled fringe player. Noble's s**t sure doesn't stink in this town. Interesting that Graham Cornes is not quite as impressed as the spin coming forth from WL.
Graham doesn't like anything the Crows do.... he also seems to regularly doubt them in any big game....

Seems a bit confused in his old age.

I don't believe anyone is doubting that Gore has talent and potential but for a club that didn't think he was even worth pick 43 twelve months ago to now be claiming that he is a pick 10 (Dangerfield) with a sprinkling of pick 7 (Joel Selwood) is ludicrous. To further put this in perspective consider that Geelong have had Gore full time in their system for 12 months but were happy to trade him for pick 50.

Had a look at the Adelaide board to see what they have to say about the "Dangerfield Mark 2" story. Unfortunately couldn't find anything, maybe they're just embarrassed by the cowvertiser's obsequious fawning. Most of them seem to agree he could be a bit of a hit or miss.

One thing about Rucci, he is consistent. Today's story is all about the 'Suns Demading a High Price'. It could have been about Port standing firm but that would not have been Rucci who seems to revel in accentuating the negative as far as Port is concerned. One thing about the Rucci story though, I am not sure that Chris Davies' telegraphing of our priorities is that smart. It might have been better to have left the Suns guessing about the Toumpas situation.

Predictably the Paddy trade has a discrete editorial which makes three separate editorials for the Adelaide Football Club in the Monopoly Times in the past three months.

Then finally we have Andrew Crapel's over the top effort on a virtually unknown 19 year old who was taken at #55 in last year's draft and is yet to play an AFL game. If Crapel is right it would make Gore the biggest draft free faller since Adam Goodes was taken at pick #43 in 1997.

With 5AA and the Monopoly Times the AFC does not need a publicity department.
I exchanged e-mails at work with a Geelong fan this morning. When I told him about Gore being part of the Dangerfield deal, his simple response was DEAN WHO??? Speaks volumes I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

f1GIuWLhni_-ahgrxlKw3RfrAA4jj4v8qL4nbTuo6FEn4ppLJSFdFtpyxGk2Q-NzhrQPrmjYmwxCpn0hVSULA6GcDFqzn7ZtYr9u6OniC_AmfTlHgmhE75zvYdQXIZz8Haqw4OrRHcgGp4U32ZaPUdnjyai-QB52KOal_1gTJQ=w192-h155-nc

He might be good at tackling?

So when Boaky gives Paddy Mk 2 a bath in the next Showdown, I guess the headline will be, "TRAVIS GORES DEAN IN SHOWDOWN 40."
I'd genuinely love Ollie Wines to put whoever they end up getting for that pick 9 (or 5 if it moves) into next week with the best hit of all time. Gore unfortunately won't be playing in that game :$

Just saw today's Advertiser... Danger Averted.....

It made me think of that Lincoln quote...

You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

... With the exception of Crow fans I guess.

That's 13/150 and of those the likes of Cassisi, Crowley and OShea are hardly world beaters, just hard workers. Funny we have 3 of them though, shows how poor our early picks do I guess.

There's ALWAYS a chance :). Imagine being drafted for 55 and traded for 50, must hurt the ego a bit.

That's 13/150 and of those the likes of Cassisi, Crowley and OShea are hardly world beaters, just hard workers. Funny we have 3 of them though, shows how poor our early picks do I guess.

There's ALWAYS a chance :). Imagine being drafted for 55 and traded for 50, must hurt the ego a bit.
Forgot about the daddy of them all, Dane Swan at #58. So out of those selections in the 50s you have about a 10% success rate with Newman, Medhurst, Swan, Gray and Neale having distinguished careers.

The sequel is never as good as the original
Empire Strikes Back.
Godfather 2.
Lord of the Rings
Breakdance 2 Electric Boogaloo.
blah, blah, blah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back