Traded Sam Kerridge [traded w/ #28 to Carlton for Troy Menzel]

Jun 6, 2007
Footy Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-13/blues-chasing-hard-after-outofcontract-crow

What's he worth?

Third rounder for mine. Given that holds no value to Adelaide at this point (more draft picks than spots on the list), wouldn't surprise me to see this deal get done with a pick swap/upgrade of picks of some sort.

Unless
a) it somehow forms part of the Bell trade to Brisbane (Mayes coming home?).
b) Blues third rounder gets used by Crows on Hampton

Do Blues fans want him?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
What are his selling points?

Seems like a solid defensive mid who can also go forward and kick a few goals? Similar to Taylor Hunt?

A third rounder sounds right and given how thin the draft is this year, and how many second round picks we'll have we should take it.

moses

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
What are his selling points?

Seems like a solid defensive mid who can also go forward and kick a few goals? Similar to Taylor Hunt?

A third rounder sounds right and given how thin the draft is this year, and how many second round picks we'll have we should take it.

From all accounts his endurance is elite - he actually beat out Van Berlo in some of the time trails during the pre-season.

I would see him as a big bodied defensive midfielder who could become a pretty good tagger. Wins a fair bit of the football, skills are neat without being amazing. Would be a good pick up for Carlton and would fit into the best 22 straight away I would suspect.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
From all accounts his endurance is elite - he actually beat out Van Berlo in some of the time trails during the pre-season.

I would see him as a big bodied defensive midfielder who could become a pretty good tagger. Wins a fair bit of the football, skills are neat without being amazing. Would be a good pick up for Carlton and would fit into the best 22 straight away I would suspect.

Given we're now on the rebuild we'd be looking to add a few harder bodies rather than turning to flaky outsiders like Tutt.

Sounds like he fits a need.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
I would take him for a 3rd rounder. Would help replace Tom Bell's void, and I daresay would play the same position Tom did this year for Carlton.
What about a straight swap for Menzal?

Jun 6, 2007
Footy Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, I'm never dissatisfied when a player attracts interest from a bottom two-three finishing club.

As above, if we don't get a reasonable pick for him I would like to keep him (granted he is willing to stay). He's a better contributor than Wright IMO. Elite endurance.

Not entirely convinced that his only role is a defensive one, though we haven't really had the opportunity to see him flourish in any other role (combination of injuries and opportunity).

Think a Carlton trade would be a decent result for all parties if AFC play their cards right.

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think we'll see any first round compos so Carltons 2nd rounder should stay around 20.
Their 3rd pick, currently 38 seems slightly under but its what they have.
I rate him at at least a pick 35.
Don't shoot him down blues fans. He's worthy of someone's best 22.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't think we'll see any first round compos so Carltons 2nd rounder should stay around 20.
Their 3rd pick, currently 38 seems slightly under but its what they have.
I rate him at at least a pick 35.
Don't shoot him down blues fans. He's worthy of someone's best 22.

Their 38 is too low, and useless to the Crows since they won't be going that deep into the draft, but 20 is probably too high. Maybe bundle him up with the 28 we got from the cats and get Carlton's 20 and maybe their 3rd? Or just take the 38 and bundle it with the 28 and get a higher pick from one of the northern clubs who need points for an academy pick?

Back