Tapatalk - To be removed between now and the end of Trade Period 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Shooting yourself in the foot here...
Tt users seem mostly happy with the experience - but make up only 2% of daily visitor numbers.

That doesn't make any difference to someone who loves the app and uses it all the time, but those numbers combined with the issues and risks the app creates mean we can't keep it around in its current form.

Tt users seem mostly happy with the experience - but make up only 2% of daily visitor numbers.

That doesn't make any difference to someone who loves the app and uses it all the time, but those numbers combined with the issues and risks the app creates mean we can't keep it around in its current form.

Tapatalk users are extremely happy with the experience I'd argue. It's also not 'advertised' as such, so I'd suggest that not many people realize that they can use tapatalk, especially after it was removed for a few weeks a while back. It would be interesting to see the figures, but I'd also suggest that the 2% of users that are using tapatalk are among the more active users and posters on the forum.

I can certainly understand how there may be issues with the plugin. However, the tapatalk devs are very communicative (from my own experience), and the plugin is getting regular updates (last one was at the end of September), so it's not like the plugin isn't being actively supported. If you give me the specific issues that you have with it, I would be more than happy to pass them on to the developers as I have had positive communications with them in the past.

All the people here are asking for is a valid mobile experience (which the mobile website really isn't for someone who is using the forum on a regular basis). If there is a native application planned or in development, then the better solution would be to keep tapatalk around until this valid alternative is actually available, rather than throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Any idea on whether the Bigfooty app will be free, cost money or be free to premium at least?

Tapatalk users are extremely happy with the experience I'd argue. It's also not 'advertised' as such,
Every user of the mobile site gets a drop down "check out Tapatalk" ad.

JB and I are in direct communication with the devs, so that's not an issue.

Any idea on whether the Bigfooty app will be free, cost money or be free to premium at least?
None at all.

Maybe the freemium model - free basic app with ads with a paid upgrade.

Can I be one of the first to try it?
It hasn't even started development yet. This is the thing - it would be great to keep tapatalk at least until there is another usable solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It hasn't even started development yet. This is the thing - it would be great to keep tapatalk at least until there is another usable solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As in, the mobile site?

I find it to be perfectly functional. I use it nearly 99% of the time I'm on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back