Big Unit 30

๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…โฐ
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
I know there are Cubs fans who post on this forum, but as far as I can see there is no dedicated thread.

Finally it's a awesome time to follow the baby bears....I visited Wrigley Field in 1995 and have been a devoted tragic since I set foot in that beautiful wonderous ballpark.

We are building to something special! Go Cubs Go

You gotta love Joe Maddon.....his players love him and want to win for him.
I can't think of a manager i'd prefer to be leading the team with so much youth going forward.

9-2 win for a sweep of the Brew Crew... 2 straight sweeps (7 games) and 13 from 14.

Schwarber lights up for 2 homers 3 hits and 4 RBI. The boys an absolute beast at the plate :)

4 game sweep at Wrigley Field over the Braves and the charge to the playoffs continues :)

Best thing about this current run of form is how with so many with about a year or much less of experience (Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Soler) there's so much room for improvement. Of course various guys will come back to the field a bit (Schwarber's come bakc to Earth last few days, although that power is still there) but it really says alot about how well they'de drafted and traded in recent years, how well alot of these guys are going.

Some of the guys we've shipped out - Garza, Dempster, Maholm, Feldman, Hammel, Samardzija and a bunch of mediocre position players. Feldman and Clevenger for Arrieta and Strop is probably the best of the lot, great trade. But we've also brought in Hendricks in the Dempster trade, Grimm, Ramirez, CJ Edwards in the minors for Garza, Russell and McKinley in the minors for Samardzija and Hammel (who we resigned and is performing well), grabbing Rondon in the rule 5 draft. And still a really strong bunch of prospects in the lower levels of the system to come. Oh, add Cashner for Rizzo to the solid trades.

They've done a fantastic job at this point, although obviously there are no guarentees. We certainly look set up for a long period of competitiveness, although with the Cardinals and Pirates also very good and the reds and Brewers both restocking the farm it'll be a competitive division for a while.

Best thing about this current run of form is how with so many with about a year or much less of experience (Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Soler) there's so much room for improvement. Of course various guys will come back to the field a bit (Schwarber's come bakc to Earth last few days, although that power is still there) but it really says alot about how well they'de drafted and traded in recent years, how well alot of these guys are going.

Some of the guys we've shipped out - Garza, Dempster, Maholm, Feldman, Hammel, Samardzija and a bunch of mediocre position players. Feldman and Clevenger for Arrieta and Strop is probably the best of the lot, great trade. But we've also brought in Hendricks in the Dempster trade, Grimm, Ramirez, CJ Edwards in the minors for Garza, Russell and McKinley in the minors for Samardzija and Hammel (who we resigned and is performing well), grabbing Rondon in the rule 5 draft. And still a really strong bunch of prospects in the lower levels of the system to come. Oh, add Cashner for Rizzo to the solid trades.

They've done a fantastic job at this point, although obviously there are no guarentees. We certainly look set up for a long period of competitiveness, although with the Cardinals and Pirates also very good and the reds and Brewers both restocking the farm it'll be a competitive division for a while.

Everything is suddenly panning out perfectly.I was pleased they didn't sell the farm before the deadline, and everyone is playing solid ball.
We also have Mike Olt in the wings who will be flipped now KBoom has 3rd mortguaged for the next decade.
I'm curious whether Castro goes in the offseason. He's on a very team friendly long term deal that might tempt the front office to keep him, but my guess is he's shipped.
Also curious to see whether the Cubs continue to use Schwarber in the outfield next season, or phase out the excellent Montero and put him back behind the plate.

Exciting times

Happy to have Schwarber in left. Be nice if he could catch, but Montero is really good behind the plate, Ross is also still aorund/good catcher. Pitching staff alot better with those two IMO.

I think Castro goes. Still got Baez in the wings (hitting 320, 390 OBP,slugging over 500 in AAA and strike outs about 25%, much better). If he comes on that's huge. Not going to keep Castro round as a bench guy. Bigger question is probably do they re-sign Dexter Fowler or look elsewhere for centre field/wait for Almora and see if he makes it.

Jake Arrieta โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
No hits the Dodgers in LA.
Ace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look out Redturds. Your next

Arrieta โค๏ธ

My Cubbies!

dressup_zpsxfq5gqls.jpg

cubspjs_zps0sfjoalu.jpg

rookies_zpsoqmro7vf.jpg

anthony%20rizzo%20june_zpsvrwvmsto.jpg

hi-res-419c9f522183f3987614dac170e857ca_crop_north_zpsifbtphr5.jpg

I saw a post on FB where there was a camera and mic set up about 6kms from wrigleyville and you could still hear the eruption of the stadium on the final strikeout.
I'm excited beyond belief that my Cubs are on this journey
Gooooo Cubbies

I saw a post on FB where there was a camera and mic set up about 6kms from wrigleyville and you could still hear the eruption of the stadium on the final strikeout.
I'm excited beyond belief that my Cubs are on this journey
Gooooo Cubbies
I just love the triple history that can be made.
Break the long streak.
First from 3rd.
Back to the Future correct!

Now we just need the Bears to pull their finger out of Cutlers arse!

Blasted the best team in the League the last two games with some power batting.. Wow

C'mon mate, add the Cubs to your signature of sports teams! :)

Give him a break. Not everyone wants to make fun of themselves.

The entire red sox program did this year so why not get into the spirit of things?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back