No Oppo Supporters Leak of sensitive information - AFL to lead investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Really want them to get this out of the way ASAP so we can just trade him out and get on with it

I know as long suffering Bulldogs supporters we love to buy into a Grand Conspiracy, but have you guys considered the idea that there was nothing to be swept under the carpet in the first place? If indeed he is to be cleared, we have played this very badly.

I mentioned this in the trade thread earlier, why would anybody trade for Talia when they can just wait for him to become a DFA, that how it works...right?

Also asked Stevo on twitter if anything is likely to come from the investigation and he was pretty blunt :

Agree with Stevo, was always going to be buried by the AFL

Yup, nothing was ever going to come out of this. When the NRL is more on the ball with integrity issues, I don't know what anyone could expect.

It has dragged on, allowing parties to get together and nut out their plan together to make sure they get their story straight #Conspiracy ;-)

I know as long suffering Bulldogs supporters we love to buy into a Grand Conspiracy, but have you guys considered the idea that there was nothing to be swept under the carpet in the first place? If indeed he is to be cleared, we have played this very badly.

I mentioned this in the trade thread earlier, why would anybody trade for Talia when they can just wait for him to become a DFA, that how it works...right?
I think because we did offer him a contract he can't be a delisted free agent. Would need to go through the draft.

At least that's how I remember it.

Even if that was the case you'll never know because the AFL is a law unto its own and there is absolutely no reason for them to ever act in good faith or with integrity. The fact that Beveridge refused to thank him in his speech and won't accept his phone call says far more than any phony AFL led investigation.

Even if that was the case you'll never know because the AFL is a law unto its own and there is absolutely no reason for them to ever act in good faith or with integrity. The fact that Beveridge refused to thank him in his speech and won't accept his phone call says far more than any phony AFL led investigation.

Exactly. We're just going to get a non-decision like how there was no tanking at Melbourne. But the fact that Talia is persona non grata to Beveridge says it all.

If there was indeed nothing to sweep under the carpet yes I'd agree we have not played it well. But if there was something to sweep and yet he is still cleared I would say we have done the right thing (despite not getting a definitive finding).

The AFL business being what it is the rumour mill would have been working overtime anyway (in fact that's what brought it to a head) so there's no way we could have kept this under wraps.

I find it hard to believe after doing our own due diligence for a few days before referring it to the integrity unit that there was nothing in it. PG and co are too savvy for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that it has dragged on, particularly well into trade week, would indicate to me there is indeed a bit in this one.

In saying that, I agree with everyone above that the AFL will try and flush this one quickly down the shitter once the findings have been made. The AFL is about as transparent as North Korea - long live Kim Jong-Gil!

I don't care what we get for Talia, I would take a bag of peanuts as long as he gets sent somewhere he does not want to go.

The fact that it has dragged on, particularly well into trade week, would indicate to me there is indeed a bit in this one.

In saying that, I agree with everyone above that the AFL will try and flush this one quickly down the shitter once the findings have been made. The AFL is about as transparent as North Korea - long live Kim Jong-Gil!

I don't care what we get for Talia, I would take a bag of peanuts as long as he gets sent somewhere he does not want to go.

I know its an unpalatable idea to many here and far be it for me to defend the AFL's levels of transparency, but perhaps its an indication that like most large bureaucracies the wheels at AFL house turn incredibly slowly.

As far as Talia goes, I don't think we'll get anything for him, let alone a bag of peanuts. He'll get delisted and then snapped up in the PSD.

Gordon is a shrewd operator with years of experience dealing with the AFL.

He would know better than anyone that there is minimal hope of getting any kind of public verdict on this matter. He would also know the way the AFL protects its gold façade with back alley dealings.

It is possible that by openly dumping this steaming turd of an investigation on the AFL’s lap he is forcing them to flush it and clean up the mess. What that means to us may not become clear for a while if at all, perhaps it is no coincidence that our CEO came out during the week requesting 6 Friday night games next year.

I think it is important to bear that in mind, when as most of us expect we get a fluff outcome from the AFL on this in the coming days.

I know its an unpalatable idea to many here and far be it for me to defend the AFL's levels of transparency, but perhaps its an indication that like most large bureaucracies the wheels at AFL house turn incredibly slowly.

As far as Talia goes, I don't think we'll get anything for him, let alone a bag of peanuts. He'll get delisted and then snapped up in the PSD.
Are you one of those people who thinks the AFL didn't tip off Essendon about ASADA's investigation? Or that Melbourne were fined, Chris Connolly and Dean Bailey were suspended for "not tanking"? Let alone the precedents set overseas with FIFA and the NBA.
They have form and they have no check and balance. I'm usually the first to 'poo poo' conspiracy theories, but when there's literally no reason to expect a fair and just outcome and every reason it should be swept under the rug, because it would actually hit the AFL's bottom line thanks to being in bed with betting agencies (no conflicts with integrity there :rolleyes:), I have no choice but to believe it's less conspiracy and more reality.

Also asked Stevo on twitter if anything is likely to come from the investigation and he was pretty blunt :

I actually believe there will be a minor fine.

If Nick Maxwell/ Heath Shaw can be fined for telling family about structures prior to a game so can Talia.
Most people thought maxwells was innocent enough too.

Are you one of those people who thinks the AFL didn't tip off Essendon about ASADA's investigation? Or that Melbourne were fined, Chris Connolly and Dean Bailey were suspended for "not tanking"? Let alone the precedents set overseas with FIFA and the NBA.
They have form and they have no check and balance. I'm usually the first to 'poo poo' conspiracy theories, but when there's literally no reason to expect a fair and just outcome and every reason it should be swept under the rug, because it would actually hit the AFL's bottom line thanks to being in bed with betting agencies (no conflicts with integrity there :rolleyes:), I have no choice but to believe it's less conspiracy and more reality.

Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure you know my posting history well enough to know that I am none of those things, indeed I'm usually first in line to mock not so glorious institutions like the AFL the NBA or FIFA if I knew what the last two were that is. As for choice of course you have one, all it will take is for you to await the outcome of the Integrity units investigation and then see what the clubs response is. Once again like I did on the very first page of this thread, I'd suggest that we all refer back to the Hunter Brouhaha from earlier this year and the number of outrageous conspiracy theories that abounded at the time as a salient point as to why we might show just a little restraint. If you or anybody else choses not to thats ok with me, I don't mind being out on my own, in fact I quite enjoy it.

I'll just leave this dead horse here for now. When can get back to flogging it when some actual news breaks.

Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure you know my posting history well enough to know that I am none of those things, indeed I'm usually first in line to mock not so glorious institutions like the AFL the NBA or FIFA if I knew what the last two were that is. As for choice of course you have one, all it will take is for you to await the outcome of the Integrity units investigation and then see what the clubs response is. Once again like I did on the very first page of this thread, I'd suggest that we all refer back to the Hunter Brouhaha from earlier this year and the number of outrageous conspiracy theories that abounded at the time as a salient point as to why we might show just a little restraint. If you or anybody else choses not to thats ok with me, I don't mind being out on my own, in fact I quite enjoy it.

I'll just leave this dead horse here for now. When can get back to flogging it when some actual news breaks.
I'm not sure where the logic lies when I give you two real examples of the AFL acting in its own self-interest to the detriment of the competition and you come back with await the findings of its integrity unit. But I like you Norm so I won't insult you further suffice to say that the Hunter situation was done within a week and he had the full support of the coach, president and club (he also recognised the mistake immediately and self-reported) these are things that can't be said of the Talia situation. It seems I just have more faith in the integrity and competence of Peter Gordon, David Stevenson and Luke Beveridge than you.

Edit: also I'm always ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'm not sure where the logic lies when I give you two real examples of the AFL acting in its own self-interest to the detriment of the competition and you come back with await the findings of its integrity unit. But I like you Norm so I won't insult you further suffice to say that the Hunter situation was done within a week and he had the full support of the coach, president and club (he also recognised the mistake immediately and self-reported) these are things that can't be said of the Talia situation. It seems I just have more faith in the integrity and competence of Peter Gordon, David Stevenson and Luke Beveridge than you.

Watch this space......tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back