Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Test cricket is boring as ******* s**t now... Who wants to watch us hit 2-400 in a day with almost no chances ?

I reckon they need to shorten it to 4 days and spice up the wickets to stop people dropping off
People want to see Brett Lee steam in and smash the stumps, not Usman Khawaja hit back to back centuries more comfortably at test level than he does at first class level

Too much short-form slogging, teams can't bat out a day on a remotely bowler friendly or fair wicket, ergo they put lifeless roads out so Tests have a good chance of going 5 days. The all important factor is that they go the distance so Cricket Australia maximizes the TV and advertising income.

Too much short-form slogging, teams can't bat out a day on a remotely bowler friendly or fair wicket, ergo they put lifeless roads out so Tests have a good chance of going 5 days. The all important factor is that they go the distance so Cricket Australia maximizes the TV and advertising income.

Then they question why only 45 people rocked up in queensland to watch the first test
Teams can score quick enough now that there is no need for 5 days, the only time it goes for 5 days now is when two teams make 400+ on roads in the first and then bat into the last
The other shitty thing is that the roads in australia mean we have to watch s**t off spinners like Nathan Lyon bowl around the wicket defensive crap to try and noodle wickets instead of attacking spin bowlers beating the bat and throwing it up

s**t the Kiwi attack is actually half decent, Southee and Boult can be world class and Henry and Bracewell go allright, they are just bowling on a s**t heap

s**t the Kiwi attack is actually half decent, Southee and Boult can be world class and Henry and Bracewell go allright, they are just bowling on a s**t heap

And McCullum can't win a toss to save himself. Might have been a different story if the Kiwis had batted first here or in Brisbane.

And McCullum can't win a toss to save himself. Might have been a different story if the Kiwis had batted first here or in Brisbane.

Probably would have been, another reason test cricket is dying
The toss has become far too important, used to be that the first morning was hell to bat and then it would get easier .. Now its just a road to begin and slowly gets worse

Bring on rampant pitch doctoring please!!

I want teams coming to Australia or South Africa to know they need to bring quality quicks and brave batsmen to face up to fiery pacemen looking to tear their heads off on green bouncy pitches.
I want visiting teams to know they need to be quality players of spin and a strong stomach* to handle the sub-continent and their dusty turning wickets.
I want challengers to know they'll need patience and technique to survive the swinging conditions of England and New Zealand.

There has been too much genericising (I think I just made that word up) of cricket pitches so no-one has any great advantage. Screw that, it should be challenging to beat someone in their backyard. We need more test in test cricket. To be number one, you need to

* I'm not actually advocating food poisoning oppositions as a form of home ground advantage!

Goodbye Mitch :cry::cry::cry:

The end seemed to come real quick for Johnson. I certainly never thought he'd be a candidate to retire mid series. Certainly been one of the more fearsome pacemen I've seen and a highly entertaining cricketer.

In "good" news, the apparently sublimely talented Shaun Marsh gets yet another chance, brought in to the squad to replace Khawaja. I can't work it out. Logic says to me that they either look to the future and pick the next kid in line which would be Bancroft or go with best performing regardless of age which is Klinger. Marsh has roughly 200 runs this year in six innings, Klinger about 360.

In genuinely good news, my boy James Pattinson is back in the team to replace Johnson. Hopefully all the work they've done will see his body able to stand up to the rigours of a test match. Stephen O'Keefe is also in the squad in case the upcoming hot weather in Adelaide dries the pitch out into a turning deck.

Meh to Johnson retiring. When he's good, he's very good; when he's bad, he's awful. Certainly had a purple patch as good as anyone else going around, but he was also rat s**t for a fairly significant part of his career.

Team needs more players from NSW.

Yuck
Inconsistent johnson who was rubbish for a year out replaced by a bloke who trundles in an bowls at 125 these days

But even worse is marsh in , the guys had 15 years in domestic first class cricket an averages 38
He will score a century on a flat Adelaide pitch an fail us when the pressures on

Yuck
Inconsistent johnson who was rubbish for a year out replaced by a bloke who trundles in an bowls at 125 these days

But even worse is marsh in , the guys had 15 years in domestic first class cricket an averages 38
He will score a century on a flat Adelaide pitch an fail us when the pressures on
If Marsh stays in the side for the WIndies games too he'll probably hit 3 consecutive tons and have the selectors lapping his goo for another year after. He is becoming the new Watson, minus the occasionally handy bowling.

If Marsh stays in the side for the WIndies games too he'll probably hit 3 consecutive tons and have the selectors lapping his goo for another year after. He is becoming the new Watson, minus the occasionally handy bowling.

Yeah, both have made a career out of potential and being easy on the eye when they play well without the actual results

Colin Sylvias of cricket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah. Must admit I had a bit of a mental over that one. Heil Marsh! is what I meant...

I vaguely recollect some Heil Fittler! chants back in his Penriff / Rooters days... probably not going to ring any bells in this forum.

I vaguely recollect some Heil Fittler! chants back in his Penriff / Rooters days... probably not going to ring any bells in this forum.

Bit surprised it wasn't taken up as the slogan for the NRL/ARL/Super League/etc.

In cricket news, how does Nathan Coulter-Nile get a test squad call up on the back of zero cricket? Also, wasn't he suspended recently? Certainly sending a strong message...

In cricket news, how does Nathan Coulter-Nile get a test squad call up on the back of zero cricket? Also, wasn't he suspended recently? Certainly sending a strong message...

Australian team selection meeting...

hqdefault.jpg

Bit surprised it wasn't taken up as the slogan for the NRL/ARL/Super League/etc.

Giving a guy a call-up on a hunch is the way things are done in Australian cricket these days.

Giving a guy a call-up on a hunch is the way things are done in Australian cricket these days.

I remember when Mark Taylor was averaging about -5.3 over 30 innings and couldn't bat his way out of the side for love or money. I miss those days.

I liked the precedent that was set when Rogers was selected, then Voges, that showed player would be rewarded for performance ever if they were old and short term. Then they ruined it overlooking Klinger for Smarsh and made a complete farce of selection with Coulter-Nile. I really expected better with such great names as Rod Marsh and Mark Waugh amongst the selection committee.

I'm glad I don't live near my relatives anymore otherwise I'd bet one of them would get me Clarke's autobiography for Christmas and it would be embarrassing having to piss on it in front of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back