2016 NTFA SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder where everyone would play if there were zero player payments (With the exception of kitchen upgrades by the coach of course). One can dream I suppose.........

Last edited:
apparently longford offered up big to jobi harper with no result and now also the thorps.

I believe the Thorps are going to Devonport to play under Mitch. I heard Jobi Harper has been offered upwards of $25k from a couple of NTFA clubs.

Yeah I know someone from storm is, you might be right? Article in the Examiner a couple weeks back? Same day it said mitch hills was going to the pies?

Georgetown 30
Launceston 50+
Tamar 30
Perth 15
Prospect Ntfa 25
Prospect State League 2-3
Evandale 40
Meander 25 ... trained tonight at prospect high school with the prospect tsl side ****BAZAR?!?!?!****
Bridgenorth yet to train
OLFC yet to train
Scotch yet to train
St Pats yet to train
Uni yet to train

What is the early predictions for both grades, here's my stab:

Div 1:
1. South- too strong & recruited Drake & Childs will only get stronger.
2. Bracknell- finished well last year & picked up a few locals.
3. Rocherlea- few good recruits in cox goodyer sinclair and zane brown
4. Deloraine- still see them making finals but losing Riley will hurt.
5. Scottsdale - improved last year and with Mohr coaching, could even be 4th.
6. Bridgenorth - lost 7-8 senior players & lots of depth.
7. Longford
8. Hillwood
9. G'town

Div 2;
1. Evandale - big improvers last year, 2 experienced coaches & recruiting heavily.
2. Scotch - will keep vast majority of their side other than Seymour & Muller.
3. Uni - were young last year and have picked up Glenn Dawson
4. Lilydale - Bardenhagen going back there sure to imorove them already and you'd think the Tuckermans & his brother would all play
5. St Pats - big player turnover with retirements, russell an josh allan will be handy pickups
6. Prospect - unlucky but were getting best by 100 plus points to the top 3 sides last year & the comp is improving.
7. Big improvers with Bowden coaching & Holloway there but comp may be to strong
8. Perth - Miller good pick up and improve the back half last year
9. Tamar
10. Ols

1. South
2. Deloraine
3. Roacherlea
4. Bracknell
5. Scottsdale
6. Bridgenorth
7. Longford
8. George town
9. Hillwood

1. Evandale
2. Scotch
3. Uni
4 Lilydale
5. St pats
6. Meander
7. Tamar
8. Prospect
9. Perth
10. OLFC

What is the early predictions for both grades, here's my stab:

Div 1:
1. South- too strong & recruited Drake & Childs will only get stronger.
2. Bracknell- finished well last year & picked up a few locals.
3. Rocherlea- few good recruits in cox goodyer sinclair and zane brown
4. Deloraine- still see them making finals but losing Riley will hurt.
5. Scottsdale - improved last year and with Mohr coaching, could even be 4th.
6. Bridgenorth - lost 7-8 senior players & lots of depth.
7. Longford
8. Hillwood
9. G'town

Div 2;
1. Evandale - big improvers last year, 2 experienced coaches & recruiting heavily.
2. Scotch - will keep vast majority of their side other than Seymour & Muller.
3. Uni - were young last year and have picked up Glenn Dawson
4. Lilydale - Bardenhagen going back there sure to imorove them already and you'd think the Tuckermans & his brother would all play
5. St Pats - big player turnover with retirements, russell an josh allan will be handy pickups
6. Prospect - unlucky but were getting best by 100 plus points to the top 3 sides last year & the comp is improving.
7. Big improvers with Bowden coaching & Holloway there but comp may be to strong
8. Perth - Miller good pick up and improve the back half last year
9. Tamar
10. Ols

south
deloraine
rocha
bracknell
scottsdale
bridgenorth
longford
gtown
hillwood.
apart from losing riley have deloraine picked up or lost anyone? i know they have picked up the younger killea.

scotch -scotch still favourites for me with only losing muller and ayres also. could possibly get the boys that went to campbeltown back and few scotch/storm boys.

st pats - who have st pats lost apart from miller?

evandale
uni
lilydale
meander - are the bennetts staying?
prospect - sinclair is a loss
perth
tamar
ols

(Log in to remove this ad.)

south
deloraine
rocha
bracknell
scottsdale
bridgenorth
longford
gtown
hillwood.
apart from losing riley have deloraine picked up or lost anyone? i know they have picked up the younger killea.

scotch -scotch still favourites for me with only losing muller and ayres also. could possibly get the boys that went to campbeltown back and few scotch/storm boys.

st pats - who have st pats lost apart from miller?

evandale
uni
lilydale
meander - are the bennetts staying?
prospect - sinclair is a loss
perth
tamar
ols

St pats lost pk, brendan taylor, brad pearton & josh bellchambers that i know of

Anyone heard much about the new NTFA points system? Have heard rumours that as of next year that there will be a "players cap" aimed at disensentivising mass player movements, where all players are given an individual score. Apparently if you breach the players cap in a game you will forfeit all match points.

Interesting development, and seeing as it apparently applies higher points to traded or recently traded players clubs like Evandale and South Launceston may not be able to play all of their recruits.

Anyone heard much about the new NTFA points system? Have heard rumours that as of next year that there will be a "players cap" aimed at disensentivising mass player movements, where all players are given an individual score. Apparently if you breach the players cap in a game you will forfeit all match points.

Interesting development, and seeing as it apparently applies higher points to traded or recently traded players clubs like Evandale and South Launceston may not be able to play all of their recruits.
Well Evandale are completely stuffed from year to year then.

they wouldnt bring it in until the end of 2016 if they were going to do it i wouldnt think. it would have to go to the clubs first. and it would also work on a tsl player being for example 4 pts and a player with 100 plus games 3 or similar.

Dumb idea. it actually restricts participation. we are talking grass roots football. just creating a heap of problems. it stops a club getting better or stronger, can't pick our best team this week because we can only use a 2 point valued player. so we play the 3 point valued player in the twos. Dumb idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back