Review Winners and Losers of the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo absolutely killed this draft. absolutely A+ for the picks they had.

liked brisbane, GC, Geelongs draft as well for what they had

WB marcus adams selection was confusing... to select him over yarran is hilarious

If you understood our KPD situation you would realise why we took him.

Very very happy with that selection. Same with Collins.

Carlton did what they had to do. CHB, FF and a CHF is a good job. Cuningham should compliment the slower bigger bodies in the midfield too. Was abit dissapointed we passed on Doedee... said no human on the planet.

IMO North did fairly well. Wagner was not a Brisbane supporter (Saints) so I doubt go home is a factor.

The Bulldogs also look to have added another good group of players to their already strong young list. Would be a pretty happy Bulldog supporter atm.

And Fremantle did well with their picks.

Wouldn't be getting too hard over Mathieson. He slide for a reason.

marcus adams is not a KPD... i mean the dogs selected adams over yarran after yarran just kicked 5 on him with a busted ankle and knee. he got absolutely murdered

marcus adams is a state leaguer who can punch above his weight on some talls. going into the AFL he wont be able to do that... its HFF or HBF or bust for him

Height 193. I can name several 3rd/2nd defenders that are that hight or less.

M.Talia who they lost is 194cm....

1cm, huge difference.

I can see him as a 2nd/3rd tall which is what talia was

Freo absolutely killed this draft. absolutely A+ for the picks they had.

liked brisbane, GC, Geelongs draft as well for what they had

WB marcus adams selection was confusing... to select him over yarran is hilarious
4622173.gif

1cm, huge difference.

Can play forward too

The Dogs have a deadset no dickheads policy, Yarran immediately fails with the baggage he brings

Marcus Adams is a 193cm key position beast who equalled Natanui's vertical leap record and was top 5 in the entire draft class for his 20m sprint test. He fills a massive need for the Bulldogs, who were seriously looking to pick him with one of their first 2 picks.

Shane Yarran (who I'm assuming you're referring to) is a 26 year old flanker who fills no need, has a questionable character and is likely a flight risk anyway.

What's confusing?

1cm, huge difference.

have you seen him play.. i have.. numerous times. he is not a KPD. even tony micale who was talking up all of the WAFL prospects admitted he wasnt a KPD and was unsure on where he fits at AFL level

have you seen him play.. i have.. numerous times. he is not a KPD. even tony micale who was talking up all of the WAFL prospects admitted he wasnt a KPD and was unsure on where he fits at AFL level

Luckily they picked up the best FB prospect in the draft then.

Marcus Adams is a 193cm key position beast who equalled Natanui's vertical leap record and was top 5 in the entire draft class for his 20m sprint test. He fills a massive need for the Bulldogs, who were seriously looking to pick him with one of their first 2 picks.

Shane Yarran (who I'm assuming you're referring to) is a 26 year old flanker who fills no need, has a questionable character and is likely a flight risk anyway.
What's confusing?

How Will Minson is still on an AFL list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's confusing?

"key position beast" ROFL

he's anything but...

yarran turns him inside out, beats him on the lead every time. he's not that quick or agile

nice footskills though

There are several drafted players you doubt where they will fit. I mean players like Richards (was a swing player/unknown), Gibson, Tarrant (was a forward), McGovern, Dempster (was a tagger at the swans), etc.... were drafted as as non KPD's. I could probably go on with a lot more currently listed AFL players that became KPDs and undersized KPDs.

He might not play as a KPD, but I think it was a good replacement.

Even if he isn't Adams can still play as that third tall defender.

Morris only has one year left and Adams can swing forward.

Has appeal.

he's not agile enough for the role at AFL level. he will get killed.

anyways, no one will agree with me until they actually see him play. until that happens i will just be hitting my head against a brick wall

for what its worth, he will be more suited to being a HFF/third tall than a defender at AFL level

Winners - Brisbane, Carlton, WBD, Port Adelaide, North, Essendon

Losers - GC, Richmond, Adelaide

GWS did well but they were locked into everyone anyway

Genuinely would like to know your reason for the losers? I don't follow the kids pre AFL but from what I can tell Richmond added a tonne of speed and x-factor which we have lacked in a big way..

I really liked Carlton's draft - because i feel like they've just picked up most of their spine in one draft (potentially at least).

People were saying the same thing after their 2010 draft.
Watson and McCarthy in the same draft.
There was their backline for the next ten years.
Luke Mitchell had played well at TAC Cup level and was a promising gorilla forward.
Unfortunately it never transpired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back