Traded 9. Zac Smith (2016- 2019)

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
a true ruckman he is. Makes you wonder where Stanley goes from here as Blicavs should get first dibs as second ruck given his ability to shift through the midfield without slowing us down whatsoever.
Smith plays his best football when he is the sole ruckman and gets full reigns over such duties.

a true ruckman he is. Makes you wonder where Stanley goes from here as Blicavs should get first dibs as second ruck given his ability to shift through the midfield without slowing us down whatsoever.
Smith plays his best football when he is the sole ruckman and gets full reigns over such duties.
I would see it as a tandem.

Smith #1. Stanley off the bench as #2. Blitz plays as a mid/3rd man up. Makes us tall but at clearances with the PFD presence, the trickle down effect of that, it should go well.

GO Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 10.36.57 pm.png

Make a lot of the other tall players look smallish...
Screen Shot 2015-12-04 at 10.40.25 pm.png

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Out last night and saw Zac..big boy and bigger up close. First up V the Pies he looked good with the ability to really effect our structure .. . Looking at his training , he looks to be running with no knee support... but last night I saw him he did have a compression on his right knee. I guess thats a maintenance type thing.

So far he is well worth a couple of late picks like 49 and 53

Out last night and saw Zac..big boy and bigger up close. First up V the Pies he looked good with the ability to really effect our structure .. . Looking at his training , he looks to be running with no knee support... but last night I saw him he did have a compression on his right knee. I guess thats a maintenance type thing.

So far he is well worth a couple of late picks like 49 and 53

I expect him to be managed thru the year with the history of the knee and ankle….but its over 12 months since he's had any issues.

But yes as you say, those 2 3rd or 4th round picks seem good value ATM.

Ive defended his selection from the get go and maintain his influence could have the greatest impact of all the new players to the club - such has the deficit in the ruck been for us.

And if he goes like he did v the Pies all year, id be completely satisfied with that - and in combination with Stanley and Vardy at times, a real consistent ruck team could evolve.

GO Catters

Back