Picola & District NW 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of a golden run well and truly Dogs, hearing the wheels have completly fallen off the bandwagon. On & off the field too.
Carnt be good for the league. Guess that puts strathmerton way out in front at the moment unless picola and toc have picked up a few

Very big holes to fill in the bulldogs forward line by the sounds and don't think any side could replace them players. Might see some new teams in the big dance in 2016.

I think even if you take McMillan, O'Connor & James (if it's true he is hanging them up) out of their side they'll still be very hard to beat. If they have picked up Bloom and another gun, then it allows Downie, Crestani etc to play forward more. I wouldn't expect them to slide too much remembering them and Jerilderie were a fair way in front of most last year. Chances are they'll probably recruit another key position player or 2 anyway.

No GVFUA umpires for 2016. I wonder if this has anything to do with pdfl not adopting the points system or is it another issue.?Regardless finding decent umpires just became a lot harder.

No GVFUA umpires for 2016. I wonder if this has anything to do with pdfl not adopting the points system or is it another issue.?Regardless finding decent umpires just became a lot harder.
Allegedly has nothing to do with AFL GM and if it is found out it does I would imagine there will be more to come .
Allegedly, which comes from a good source , ;), one incident from the start of the season was mentioned and all assumed who knew , ops manager , club president and umpires president had indicated that it had been resolved and hasn't been mentioned since ???
Interestingly it would appear one umpires email was included as those cc'd into the notification .

Allegedly has nothing to do with AFL GM and if it is found out it does I would imagine there will be more to come .
Allegedly, which comes from a good source , ;), one incident from the start of the season was mentioned and all assumed who knew , ops manager , club president and umpires president had indicated that it had been resolved and hasn't been mentioned since ???
Interestingly it would appear one umpires email was included as those cc'd into the notification .

Not sure on the incident. Havent seen the notification. Heard the rumour from an ex team mate turned umpire yesterday but didnt think much of it untill the email was mentioned to me from a member of another club tonight in the supermarket. What will we do to secure umpires?

What a joke . Can't believe the reason for this has not come out and isn't all over the media.
The hub supporting the umpires on this is a terrible look , whether that be solely by lack of action , as is the Shepp news yesterday trying to paint a one sided picture.
I support the umpires on many things but these incidents where umpires become physically involved with spectators is inexcusable.
Having a GVFUA uniform doesn't provide the right to act like a moron, which appears to happen way to often .
With the frequency that the GVFUA are engaged in off field confrontation with spectators it is not going to be long before someone is seriously injured.
The AFL should close them down before someone gets seriously injured or killed .
This action does nothing to provide a deterrent only adds encouragement and it most certainly doesn't only occur in the PDFNL .
By the looks of it the GVFUA won't be associated with the PDFL which may well be a blessing .

Looks like all clubs better actively recruit someone willing to umpire. They will be paid, that's no different for club budgets, and will only have to do Pdfnl games?? Perhaps we can top the $$ up a bit to be more attractive. Could secure that with their own sponsor separate to what GV umpires have? not trying to make it look easy just suggesting its achievable.

Hey Charles Mac have you retired from
Playing???......

Looks like all clubs better actively recruit someone willing to umpire. They will be paid, that's no different for club budgets, and will only have to do Pdfnl games?? Perhaps we can top the $$ up a bit to be more attractive. Could secure that with their own sponsor separate to what GV umpires have? not trying to make it look easy just suggesting its achievable.

Hey Charles Mac have you retired from
Playing???......
Would need Charles to have a huge preseason if your suggesting he run around with a whistle next season wilty :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a joke . Can't believe the reason for this has not come out and isn't all over the media.
The hub supporting the umpires on this is a terrible look , whether that be solely by lack of action , as is the Shepp news yesterday trying to paint a one sided picture.
I support the umpires on many things but these incidents where umpires become physically involved with spectators is inexcusable.
Having a GVFUA uniform doesn't provide the right to act like a moron, which appears to happen way to often .
With the frequency that the GVFUA are engaged in off field confrontation with spectators it is not going to be long before someone is seriously injured.
The AFL should close them down before someone gets seriously injured or killed .
This action does nothing to provide a deterrent only adds encouragement and it most certainly doesn't only occur in the PDFNL .
By the looks of it the GVFUA won't be associated with the PDFL which may well be a blessing .
The Shepp news article is the typical biased s**t you get from some of their jurno's , but in fairness mctaggert has often in the past provided a balanced view on issues .
Oliver Caffrey is comfortably their number 1 sports jurno.
As for the suggestion re cause of the umpires announcement , I don't believe any reason other than the one mentioned initially has been provided .

Last edited:
Would need Charles to have a huge preseason if your suggesting he run around with a whistle next season wilty :D.

Yes Mairjimmy, a big preseason is required, no chance of grabbing a whistle though. The lawn bowls comp starts soon so I need to put in some work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back