2015 MUSIC

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a blog or something that I could follow? You're always posting awesome music I haven't heard of before.
heh, maybe I should start a thread pb's awesome murky stuff, or I could pm you my last fm page.

I haven't heard any of it but apparently Lost Under Heaven have released some stuff. Ellery certainly is a different character.
I haven't heard it, have you?

I like Ellery. He's so pretentious but we need a bit of that in music at the moment; every band wants their instagram to look like your mates. You need some pretence and intent every so often, and most importantly he writes the sort of music that's good enough to warrant it. Man. Remember Kerou's Lament? What a beautiful song.

I haven't heard it, have you?

I like Ellery. He's so pretentious but we need a bit of that in music at the moment; every band wants their instagram to look like your mates. You need some pretence and intent every so often, and most importantly he writes the sort of music that's good enough to warrant it. Man. Remember Kerou's Lament? What a beautiful song.
Agree completely. The old saying, 'don't boast if you can't back it up.' If he continues decent output, although he's definitely going for a less is more approach, why not? I'd prefer that than a run of the mill album every 24 months, with a annual visit at best where "we just love Melbourne" is the core of the interview.

Loved Kerou's Lament, quite liked the first LUH song UNITES....and from what I've heard of this new stuff, which is very instrumental, I think it could be part of something bigger. Album maybe? I'm not sure. But I'm very intrigued.

Last edited:
Love Kurt Vile. I think his first album is better though but I've still really enjoyed this.

Didn't expect it to top Wakin' On A Pretty Daze. That albums a belter, but that's good to hear. Will definitely give it a listen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't like them at first, but Beach Slang is growing on me. I like the album.

Silent Alarm Gibbsy bok_party thoughts on the video for the new bloc party song? Kele is definitely a massive unit now.

That blonde chick in the red bumps it up a couple of places

I think it's a horrendous film clip. The music doesn't fit the video at all.

Yeh I remember he hit the gym pretty hard but he does seem a bit stockier than lean these days.

Silent Alarm Gibbsy bok_party thoughts on the video for the new bloc party song? Kele is definitely a massive unit now.

That blonde chick in the red bumps it up a couple of places

All the dancers look like they're possessed, which is pretty funny. The chick in the red is a sight for sore eyes, definitely.

Kele's looking like he's acknowledging his Nigerian heritage with his latest sort of look, not sure it fits with the fact he's put on about 10kg but at least he appears genuinely happy in the clip.

Bloc Party are garbage after the first two albums.

I've been listening to Two Door Cinema Clubs 'What You Know' on repeat because a women likes it. Should of been on Antidotes, no?

Last edited:
Oh oh oh oh! I've had a shocking hangover so I've only just gotten into it to give it a go now, but there's new Wild Nothing.

The album Life of Pause is out next February.
e8074a26.jpg

http://pitchfork.com/news/62246-wil...ife-of-pause-shares-tv-queen-and-to-know-you/

He says in the presser that he's tried to move away from the Wild Nothing sound, and constantly evolve. And while I reckon Nocturne did that, it was much jazzier, fuller, far more electronic than the wish-washy, soundscape-y, home recording first stuff. But this isn't a progression. It sounds like a mid point between both of those records. And as much as I seriously love Wild Nothing and think Nocturne is probably the best indie rock album of 2012, this just seems phoned in – disappointing considering it's taken him four years to put out the newest album (that's pretty crazy).

I dunno, I just loved the ideas on Empty Estate and how fast and groovey he was getting for a while. I hope there's a bit more of that chirpier stuff, more like the second song he's put out than the first one in the video.

Bloc Party are garbage after the frst two albums.

I've been listening to Two Door Cinema Clubs 'What You Know' on repeat because a women likes it. Should of been on Antidotes, no?
Tourist History was actually a really fun record and I listened to What You Know a lot at the time of its release. That guitar lick is so memorable.

Tourist History was actually a really fun record and I listened to What You Know a lot at the time of its release. That guitar lick is so memorable.
It's awful. But yeah, it's fun. At first listen the guitar part passes for Giraffes? Giraffes! or early Foals. Then quickly turns into Wombats territory.

It's awful. But yeah, it's fun. At first listen the guitar part passes for Giraffes? Giraffes! or early Foals. Then quickly turns into Wombats territory.
It had probably two good tracks and the rest was poorly written, poorly sung and samey. Something Good Can Work is nice. Had a goofy charm to it like that shitty San Cisco band created with Awkward.

God, * the Wombats. What an absolute trashpile of a band. Even worse fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back