Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit harsh winds low. I know the Dubai Man is mostly involved in another leagues forum and my dealings with him have always been pretty good. I guess his fishing for some info on a player. Not sure calling him names is appropriate.. Only my opinion!!

I think he may have been giving a 'realistic assessment' of Kasey Duncan as requested Turbs. (Apologies to Kasey Duncan as I have no opinion of the bloke) Duncans going to an EDFL club isn't he?

You would have said that about rochy last year thou having to replace weeks but it was done easily!
I see today that Farren priest has resigned with Benalla aswell. Yes it will be a hole but I wouldn't worry too much, they have far too much talent down there to not kick winning scores
Done easily? They came 3rd didnt
I think he may have been giving a 'realistic assessment' of Kasey Duncan as requested Turbs. (Apologies to Kasey Duncan as I have no opinion of the bloke) Duncans going to an EDFL club isn't he?

Ky League to Avenel had been previously posted. Also played with Euroa goes handy.

Whats people thoughts on training this early is there much benefit to it?

You truely are a spud hey!
2013- points for 1696 avg- 94
2014- points for 1553 avg- 86
2015- points for 1800 avg- 100

So with a 100+ goal kicker in 2014 they somehow managed to kick more goals the next year! Funny! Was not referring to ladder positions in my initial post( but they finished higher aswell than previous years) but was more alerting to the fact that 100+ goal kickers can be replaced if you have the talent and keep constantly getting the ball down there!

You truely are a spud hey!
2013- points for 1696 avg- 94
2014- points for 1553 avg- 86
2015- points for 1800 avg- 100

So with a 100+ goal kicker in 2014 they somehow managed to kick more goals the next year! Funny! Was not referring to ladder positions in my initial post( but they finished higher aswell than previous years) but was more alerting to the fact that 100+ goal kickers can be replaced if you have the talent and keep constantly getting the ball down there!
Whichever way you try and justify it they havent found the formula to a Premiership attack either way.

Whichever way you try and justify it they havent found the formula to a Premiership attack either way.

I think you have segued away to a different discussion spud. The initial conversation was about replacing a 100+ forward and still hit the scoreboard. You have subsequently repositioned your argument to not finding the 'formula for a Premiorship attack ...'

Ky League to Avenel had been previously posted. Also played with Euroa goes handy.

Whats people thoughts on training this early is there much benefit to it?

Teams start training early to have that edge over the opposition. I think training this early runs the risk of players losing interest during the season. Gone are the days where footy was fun. It's a job for a lot of guys now with the amount of money being flicked around.

Teams start training early to have that edge over the opposition. I think training this early runs the risk of players losing interest during the season. Gone are the days where footy was fun. It's a job for a lot of guys now with the amount of money being flicked around.
Yep I agree I dont mind the idea of a few sessions in December to get things rolling again but the 10 to 12 sessions some sides are doing now wont count for much when the whips are cracking next finals. Burnout is a danger.

Yep I agree I dont mind the idea of a few sessions in December to get things rolling again but the 10 to 12 sessions some sides are doing now wont count for much when the whips are cracking next finals. Burnout is a danger.
Very true mate, okay to start early, but have to manage yourself carefully through the season with injuries and niggles, or come September a lot of players of broken down. Any early ladder predictions guys off the recruiting that has been done so far? People should have a rough idea now how clubs are shaping for 2016!

What's the latest with Lachie Smith? Still big whispers getting around that he will land at Ky to follow his missus... Anyone got anything to add?

What's the latest with Lachie Smith? Still big whispers getting around that he will land at Ky to follow his missus... Anyone got anything to add?
Good chance to be at ky, Benalla trying very hard to keep him and chucking plenty of money at him. Don't think he wants to be there but. Don't blame him to be honest!

Did anybody else read the article about the gv fixture next year? Grand final day set to be the Sunday after the afl pre-lim weekend!
Also they had a bit of a utensil up when they noted a season highlight as Rd 1 the grand final rematch between Benalla and Rochester

Did anybody else read the article about the gv fixture next year? Grand final day set to be the Sunday after the afl pre-lim weekend!
Also they had a bit of a utensil up when they noted a season highlight as Rd 1 the grand final rematch between Benalla and Rochester

Interesting as i guess it removes the many byes that clubs were complaining about. Reality is, do we really need to be the last country GF? People will come whatever weekend it is.

Rochy traditionally play Echuca in Round 1 don't they!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting as i guess it removes the many byes that clubs were complaining about. Reality is, do we really need to be the last country GF? People will come whatever weekend it is.

Rochy traditionally play Echuca in Round 1 don't they!

Only 3 byes planned for next year! How many were there this year? Felt like a lot!
I don't mind the idea of the grand final rematch but obviously rochy didn't make it so should be playing Echuca round 1 every year in my opinion

Jordan Wolff to Barnawartha as Mitch Exton coaching in today's Border. Both big losses for Benalla. That's 3 quality forwards gone

Not sure anyone would be too upset by that! Echuca will be very young next year but have plenty of talented young players coming through.
Lost Tom Buckley,Lachie Collins,Jack Sheldon,Magda Zabanski,and maybe Bartholomew Phillips

Not sure anyone would be too upset by that! Echuca will be very young next year but have plenty of talented young players coming through.

So Ringo. Do think Echuca will improve next year? Any signings so far? You keep telling us they are on the right track and in good hands with Briggs which I don't doubt. But it does seem to be moving pretty slowly

So Ringo. Do think Echuca will improve next year? Any signings so far? You keep telling us they are on the right track and in good hands with Briggs which I don't doubt. But it does seem to be moving pretty slowly

Mate I'm really not that close to it ...so all Ive heard is that there is going to be a real focus on youth. Have picked up a good mid from Tassie and a couple of others but not sure of details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back