Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Bart Mcculloch unloaded on AFL tas in the examiner, nothing in the mercury as usual the inept corruption by our might leaders

this is a cop of a reply on the forum/discussions written by a woman in the Know

"Fantastic stuff Bart. As a player you wouldn't be expected to know this but for the record Western Storm were given lots of stuff that other clubs didn't get. I say this as a person with direct involvement in club operations
AFL Tasmania gave the Storm a car for McGee and a fully serviced office facility at York Park, rent free. They still pay half of McGee's wages and justify this by calling him a zone development coach.
Then AFL Tasmania paid the $30,000 Western Storm playing and walk out strips (blue and clash white) and all the merchandise from car stickers, beanie's, hats, clothing and so on. Shaun Young and Scott Wade wont have to buy any clothing for a while as the Storm has tons of this stuff left over. Then there was the biggest gift from Young and Wade, the Strom being able to represent the state in the Foxtel Cup even when they hadn't played a game. That delivered $20k.
Perhaps Wade could take the Western Storm playing strip and bring in a team from Waratah, West Takine, West Montagu, Moorville???"

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/3509685/afl-tas-blamed-for-storm-woes/?cs=96

It appears that corruption might start at the top. Pity that the powers to be couldn't appear to be a bit believable and show some character and just let the comp be run by a general manager that is up to speed with the needs of the competition.

Darren winter there's a job for you down the tract I recon. at least it would be interesting with DW in the role. he loves the media and says all the right stuff to get not so subtle points across. most of all he is believable not like these other clowns.

afl tas where is the transparency which clubs are financial/indebt. why are the conditions of some grounds a joke IE Lauderdale oval hasn't even got a grand stand along with a few other issues. which poses the next question.

"has anyone got some one else to refer for the job?, surely the current administrators have shown they are not the ones suited for the position.

Thing that gets me is what happens to all the kids that have left their junior NTFA clubs to go to Prospect Hawks because theyve been told if they want to play state 16/18s they have to play State League footy? Do they all up and leave and go to Launceston an North? If thats the case how are Prospect ever getting off the ground?

9 team comp - 21 rounds - 18 games each

Money that would've gone into Prospect can be divvied up to cover the extra travel.

Thing that gets me is what happens to all the kids that have left their junior NTFA clubs to go to Prospect Hawks because theyve been told if they want to play state 16/18s they have to play State League footy? Do they all up and leave and go to Launceston an North? If thats the case how are Prospect ever getting off the ground?

9 team comp - 21 rounds - 18 games each

Money that would've gone into Prospect can be divvied up to cover the extra travel.

Some great points bigboppa, if a Club goes into recess two thing usually happen (a) they fold completly (b) its a long way back years to be competitive again e.g. Sorell. I would punt on option (a) AFL Tasmania two years ago should of just helped South Launceston at least they have support and Infrastructure. Wonder were all that storm merchandise will end up an opp shop near you in the 7250 postcode area?

How long do AFL Tasmania need to do due diligence and then notify the Football community if they are giving Clarence an exemption on Ian Callinan?

"has anyone got some one else to refer for the job?, surely the current administrators have shown they are not the ones suited for the position.

My tip to replace Scott Wade

1438444046324047.jpg

Last edited:
It appears that corruption might start at the top. Pity that the powers to be couldn't appear to be a bit believable and show some character and just let the comp be run by a general manager that is up to speed with the needs of the competition.

Darren winter there's a job for you down the tract I recon. at least it would be interesting with DW in the role. he loves the media and says all the right stuff to get not so subtle points across. most of all he is believable not like these other clowns.

afl tas where is the transparency which clubs are financial/indebt. why are the conditions of some grounds a joke IE Lauderdale oval hasn't even got a grand stand along with a few other issues. which poses the next question.

Where's the accountability? Wade and Co seem to have the perfect job, do whatever you want without any accountability for your actions and if anything stuffs up, blame anyone but yourself.

How long can this continue??
- Marniers
- Devils
- Reserves football
- NHFC gone
- Sth Launie and HFC gone from the TSL
- Local crowds are all time lows

When is the penny going to drop? Bart McCulloch, well done for speaking the truth. Finally a high profile player coming out and telling it how it is. I expect AFLTas will get their puppets Stubbs/Smith to interview a golden boy of the TSL, who wants a job after footy, to say that the comp is still respectful (unsure who now that Thurley is gone).

Good effort from the tassie boys to get 4 players drafted and a big tick for the TSL with Macca Willis being picked up as a mature age player.

Fantastic from Macca and his guiding Dad Brad, I know when Macca was playing at Hobart fc
that Mr Scott Clayton( GCS recruiting Mgr , a real old Hobart FC boy )was given the low down on him , just like Aaron Hall. He will succeed he certainly wont be missing in the clinches

Congratulations to Kieran Lovell, Mitchell Hibberd, Mackenzie Willis and Ryan Gardner. Hope they all get a fair crack to make it.

Great News that a Mature agent player in Mackenzie Willis is drafted from the SWL. Hope a few more Tassie Boys can make the rookie draft.

Where's the accountability? Wade and Co seem to have the perfect job, do whatever you want without any accountability for your actions and if anything stuffs up, blame anyone but yourself.

How long can this continue??
- Marniers
- Devils
- Reserves football
- NHFC gone
- Sth Launie and HFC gone from the TSL
- Local crowds are all time lows

When is the penny going to drop? Bart McCulloch, well done for speaking the truth. Finally a high profile player coming out and telling it how it is. I expect AFLTas will get their puppets Stubbs/Smith to interview a golden boy of the TSL, who wants a job after footy, to say that the comp is still respectful (unsure who now that Thurley is gone).

assuming you missed that article the other day about Young declaring it isnt AFL Tas responsibility to find players for Prospect. From my point of view, that's having a crack at the league.

assuming you missed that article the other day about Young declaring it isnt AFL Tas responsibility to find players for Prospect. From my point of view, that's having a crack at the league.

this is a repost of my blog from yesterday!!!!!!!

Bart Mcculloch unloaded on AFL tas in the examiner, nothing in the mercury as usual the inept corruption by our might leaders

this is a copy of a reply on the forum/discussions written by a woman in the Know

"Fantastic stuff Bart. As a player you wouldn't be expected to know this but for the record Western Storm were given lots of stuff that other clubs didn't get. I say this as a person with direct involvement in club operations
AFL Tasmania gave the Storm a car for McGee and a fully serviced office facility at York Park, rent free. They still pay half of McGee's wages and justify this by calling him a zone development coach.
Then AFL Tasmania paid the $30,000 Western Storm playing and walk out strips (blue and clash white) and all the merchandise from car stickers, beanie's, hats, clothing and so on. Shaun Young and Scott Wade wont have to buy any clothing for a while as the Storm has tons of this stuff left over. Then there was the biggest gift from Young and Wade, the Storm being able to represent the state in the Foxtel Cup even when they hadn't played a game. That delivered $20k.
Perhaps Wade could take the Western Storm playing strip and bring in a team from Waratah, West Takine, West Montagu, Moorville???"

http://www.examiner.com.au/story/3509685/afl-tas-blamed-for-storm-woes/?cs=96

New Prospect Hawks coach John Tootell has left the club to head back to QLD, Meeting next Tuesday night probably can see the writing on the wall.

IMO best to stand down from SWL maybe compete as a Junior team if they have the numbers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think realistically they should have a crack at playing NTFA Div1 with under 19s before they look at going TSL. Get some of them junior kids flowing through. Set up a 3-5 year plan of some sorts.

If they tried the Under 19 path etc they would only become a feeder club for Launceston and North basically. Both of these clubs have plundered other junior clubs at underage level with hardly anything going back the other way. Storm may have always been a lost cause but wasn't helped by having no base of their own eg. training on high school ovals etc but the other two clubs never helped the situation, and yes they may pick up some ex storm players but may end up travelling a lot more, especially having applied to the southern under 18 League.

If they tried the Under 19 path etc they would only become a feeder club for Launceston and North basically. Both of these clubs have plundered other junior clubs at underage level with hardly anything going back the other way. Storm may have always been a lost cause but wasn't helped by having no base of their own eg. training on high school ovals etc but the other two clubs never helped the situation, and yes they may pick up some ex storm players but may end up travelling a lot more, especially having applied to the southern under 18 League.

Maybe Launceston would be better with just 2 clubs. Maybe It would be just as beneficial if Hobart had just the 4 clubs to balance out the league.

Maybe Launceston would be better with just 2 clubs. Maybe It would be just as beneficial if Hobart had just the 4 clubs to balance out the league.
Madmug I think you are right about that. One club in the North is gone by default so it is probably the easiest time of all to cut one of the southern clubs but which club could go is the question, as they all seem reasonably viable to me. I doubt this will happen though. I really don't know where AFL Tas are going to get another club from in the Launceston area.

Madmug I think you are right about that. One club in the North is gone by default so it is probably the easiest time of all to cut one of the southern clubs but which club could go is the question, as they all seem reasonably viable to me. I doubt this will happen though. I really don't know where AFL Tas are going to get another club from in the Launceston area.

Agreed with this. 8-team comp would see improvements.

With a team being removed from the South, it's a real tough decision but maybe it would be L'dale? I don't think it'd happen, but if 1 southern team had to go it'd be them.

With a team being removed from the South, it's a real tough decision but maybe it would be L'dale? I don't think it'd happen, but if 1 southern team had to go it'd be them.

Well its the AFLTas mob who wanted only one team in Hobart city. Hence they tried to destroy Hobart FC & link that body with NHFC & call it the Hobart City Demons. AFLTas tried to destroy South Launceston FC & send the body over to Prospect in the Meander Valley council area.

So why does Clarence local Gument area get 2 clubs?

The 4 clubs could be basesas they are now. (NHFC) Hobart city, Kingston/Huon, Glenorchy city, Clarence city.

The other areas, Brighton, Derwent Valley, Sorell, Southern Midlands, Tasman, Glamorgan/Spring Bay can get split up or even better, be neutral & open to clubs to go & work in those areas.

Yeah that would be good for the comp, Clarence win 11 premierships in 15 years again.

Well its the AFLTas mob who wanted only one team in Hobart city. Hence they tried to destroy Hobart FC & link that body with NHFC & call it the Hobart City Demons. AFLTas tried to destroy South Launceston FC & send the body over to Prospect in the Meander Valley council area.

So why does Clarence local Gument area get 2 clubs?

The 4 clubs could be basesas they are now. (NHFC) Hobart city, Kingston/Huon, Glenorchy city, Clarence city.

The other areas, Brighton, Derwent Valley, Sorell, Southern Midlands, Tasman, Glamorgan/Spring Bay can get split up or even better, be neutral & open to clubs to go & work in those areas.

I would say the growth of the area and the obvious general talent that comes from the region would be a major factor, until Glenorchy this year Clarence and Lauderdale had by far been the standout teams from the south in the past 5 years, what do you think would happen if there was only one team to chose from in that area?

I would say the growth of the area and the obvious general talent that comes from the region would be a major factor, until Glenorchy this year Clarence and Lauderdale had by far been the standout teams from the south in the past 5 years, what do you think would happen if there was only one team to chose from in that area?

Yeah that's fair enough, but with the strength comes with players not playing seniors and looking else where for opportunities.

As previously mentioned, if this 8 team was to occur it would be a tough decision. AFLTas want clubs to represent regions.
Glenorchy - Northern Suburbs
Hobart City (NHFC) - Inner city/Sandy Bay
Tigers - Kingborough/Huon
Clarence & Laurderdale - Eastern Shore

What team would it be for you??

Its more about the salary cap & a players points cap. Clearly 'some' clubs recruit a lot of players from outside their area & somehow they fit in the salary cap. Amazing how that seems to be certain clubs, or club that does it.

If that were controlled & areas outside the club zones were neutral, then clubs would have to develop players rather than just buy them, like some clubs do now. One club in particular has done it for years & years. Fix that & the league would be fair, even, & work better.

Yeah that's fair enough, but with the strength comes with players not playing seniors and looking else where for opportunities.

As previously mentioned, if this 8 team was to occur it would be a tough decision. AFLTas want clubs to represent regions.
Glenorchy - Northern Suburbs
Hobart City (NHFC) - Inner city/Sandy Bay
Tigers - Kingborough/Huon
Clarence & Laurderdale - Eastern Shore

What team would it be for you??

I agree that everything points to that club being Lauderdale, but what would that ultimately do for the competition? Clarence would be left with a huge area that is ever expanding and be unstoppable.

I agree that everything points to that club being Lauderdale, but what would that ultimately do for the competition? Clarence would be left with a huge area that is ever expanding and be unstoppable.

Kingston is growing faster. Hobart City can have Moonah & Glenorchy can have Brighton. Also a player points cap will stop the buying of players like the Kingston players to Clarence. Their are ways to keep the balance more even. It aint that hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back