Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Swallow - Gun
2. Bennell - kicked out of his club
3. Day - a dud so far
4. Gaff - AA
5. Polec - 2 years of s**t then turncoated
6. Conca
7. Caddy - turncoated after a year
8. Heppell - Took PEDs. About to take a 2 year holiday.
9. Prestia - Gun
10. Gorringe - Nope

To be fair Conca is one of the better picks there.
Injuries is one thing, but whacking a guy in the back of the head, and the continued (perceived) weight problem are another.

Conca can play, but I'm not sure he's really taking things seriously, which makes me angry because his output so far has not matched our investment in him.

Can't wait to see him and sheds crumbing at Jack and Ty's feet.

Can we take the Conca talk to his thread??

You can just see him and Jack in particular working really well together down the track. Reiwoldt's deft touch around goal and Rioli's goal sense and speed could make a dangerous combination.

I wasn't that impressed with him.... But the more I look at his highlights the more
I like! Will be good to have a natural crumber in f50

Glad that he's at the club but I don't expect to see him play in the ones this year.

Given that Dimma said before the draft he wants first selections to be ready-to-go and the fact that we don't have a legitimate small forward in our squad other than Lloyd or Butler (who is a talent, but yet to debut) - what would you suggest is going to hold him back?

Corey played as an inside mid without a pre-season, and had nailed his spot before injury.

I would be surprised if he doesn't play around 10 games next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to Dan Richardson and the recruiting team for holding onto that high draft pick as Rioli would have gone to the Hawks for sure.
Still pinching myself a Rioli is back at Tigerland.

That is my dream too Nuggets, GF against the Hawks next year.

Mate .. I'm picking them for Top 4 ... With Yarran coming on board .. Gives the Tiges some x-factor! Reckon the Colas & Wharfies will fade.

If we are to lose .. I want the Tiges to win, always been my 2nd club!!

Good luck next year lads .. 2016-2020 should be an exciting time for RFC!!

Yeh I'm really expecting Rioli to play games and pretty early as well. He doesn't have to displace an established player, the crumbing small forward spot is open.

Seriously, if he tackles well, creates pressure, creates goal scoring chances and kicks a nice goal here and there over preseason he would be a chance for a round 1 debut.

Mate .. I'm picking them for Top 4 ... With Yarran coming on board .. Gives the Tiges some x-factor! Reckon the Colas & Wharfies will fade.

If we are to lose .. I want the Tiges to win, always been my 2nd club!!

Good luck next year lads .. 2016-2020 should be an exciting time for RFC!!
cheers nuggets!!:thumbsu:

As a chef it's my job to make winning dishes, now to create a dish a real winner you have to get the body of your dish spot on.... The protein normally it is, Cooked to protection.....than the garnish to g with it, has to be so precise....cooked sliced and diced and place on the plate at the exact time when all them flavours are at there peak.....the garnish is laid, the protein is cut and arranged just right the sauce poured not to much, not to little, just right . With the temp, flavours and precision my dish is almost ready, the star of my dish is the protein, the garnish just lifts my protein and enhances the flavours and colors but I'm missing one thing.....the last touch, it could be as simple as a micro herb on top or a reduction carefully splashed around the plate...my finishing touch is not the star of the dish but it is what makes better than the place next door. Daniel is not Alex rance he will not be Dustin Martin he is not the protein he is not the garnish he is finishing touch.......the spark, the X factor... 12 touches 3 goals and 5 tackles we win by 7 points....this type of player is the finishing touch and we need the finishing touch we all ready have the protein and the garnish...we have a very good side.....good pick will make us all smile in due time.
So his nickname will be "Parsley"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back