NFL 2015 NFL - Week 12 (Thanksgiving)

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Lurie only has himself to blame. Mismanagement on his part to let a college-NFL-noob control so much of the football operations, and allow the gutting of so much talent. Even if he isn't a football guy, as a business guy, he should've realized you don't get rid of your assets.

----------

Appearing on Sirius XM NFL Radio, ESPN's Adam Schefter said "momentum and signs seem to be piling up against a Chip Kelly return to Philadelphia."

Schefter added that the two sides are "sick of each other." The Eagles have greatly underachieved this year, compiling a listless 4-6 record while playing in arguably the league's worst division. Kelly's offense has been particularly disappointing as the Eagles have averaged just 22.9 points per game, well down from last year's 29.6. A host of college teams will be interested in Kelly if he becomes available this offseason.

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio on Twitter

Several of the Chipster decisions were questionable but I keep looking back at the QB position & as an example why a receiver like Matthews, who was looking real good this time last year, has been mostly awful this year. Why all the dropped passes by most receivers? Just coincidence or something to do with how the QB delivers the ball? Beyond my expertise, others may have more informed opinions (other than 'lol Iggles') but I have never been a big believer in 'coincidence'.

If RB Mathews had been a bust, this team would probably be winless, so I guess it's be thankful for small mercies & one that Chip got right at this point. Though what I will be interested to see is if this team gets progressively worse the next few games, does Chip even see out the season. As unlikely as it is this is Philly after all & such a scenario would get ugly.

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
People are lining up to take a swing at Chip but really it's mostly hyperbole. He inherited a 4-12 team with no answer at QB, fact. Until you find a QB, you better have a very good defense or you won't go very far. His biggest issue was ignoring the offensive line for so many years. Should he have overpaid Maclin? Possibly but Maclin isn't worth what he is getting in Kansas City.

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Several of the Chipster decisions were questionable but I keep looking back at the QB position & as an example why a receiver like Matthews, who was looking real good this time last year, has been mostly awful this year. Why all the dropped passes by most receivers? Just coincidence or something to do with how the QB delivers the ball? Beyond my expertise, others may have more informed opinions (other than 'lol Iggles') but I have never been a big believer in 'coincidence'.

If RB Mathews had been a bust, this team would probably be winless, so I guess it's be thankful for small mercies & one that Chip got right at this point. Though what I will be interested to see is if this team gets progressively worse the next few games, does Chip even see out the season. As unlikely as it is this is Philly after all & such a scenario would get ugly.

I think Matthews drop rate can be partly attributed to lining up vs the best CB in man coverage this year. Last year maclin had that assignment.

All of the players we have let go have not produced at the level they did when they were here. Especially foles, benched for case keenum?? Holy moly.

I think Matthews drop rate can be partly attributed to lining up vs the best CB in man coverage this year. Last year maclin had that assignment.

All of the players we have let go have not produced at the level they did when they were here. Especially foles, benched for case keenum?? Holy moly.
What about balls hitting him in the hands and coming out?

His drop rate was appalling at college as well

Not sure we can blame the CBs

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.

Yeah partly, I agree, but still he has dropped off significantly to what he was showing last year. & I reckon it's unlikely we would be any better off had the roster remained unchanged, I thought this post on another site basically nailed it -

The disconnect is that everyone thinks 2013 was real. And that we were close. They forget just how bad we were in 2012. They don't accept that Foles isn't good. They fail to realize that 27-2 was because of Chip, not Nick.

The worst thing that happened to our franchise, and Chip's tenure, was 2013. Had our record matched our talent, we would have been in the 6-10/7-9 range. We would have drafted a QB in the first round. Maybe Derek Carr or Teddy. We would have reasonably tried to grow the team through a young core.

Instead, we've been piecing together a roster that we thought could take our 10-6 to 12-4. In hindsight, it's easy to see how much of a mistake that can be.

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah partly, I agree, but still he has dropped off significantly to what he was showing last year. & I reckon it's unlikely we would be any better off had the roster remained unchanged, I thought this post on another site basically nailed it -

So this year may be a blessing in disguise if we manage to jag high draft pick and get a QB finally.

Even though we've been up and down the past few weeks, I don't give us a chance this week against the Giants. They have our measure in recent seasons. We've lost 5 in a row against them and lost 15 of the last 20.

They're also coming off the bye and I think they're better than their record shows at the moment (2 one pt losses and 1 last second FG loss) and JPPs return has boosted their D. I hope we bounce back after last weeks showing, but the Giants always seem to bring out our worst.

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Even though we've been up and down the past few weeks, I don't give us a chance this week against the Giants. They have our measure in recent seasons. We've lost 5 in a row against them and lost 15 of the last 20.

They're also coming off the bye and I think they're better than their record shows at the moment (2 one pt losses and 1 last second FG loss) and JPPs return has boosted their D. I hope we bounce back after last weeks showing, but the Giants always seem to bring out our worst.

You guys are 4-0 at home in your last 4 games at FedEx.

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
What about balls hitting him in the hands and coming out?
Well i said partly attributed. The stone cold drops can be directly attributed to the Miles Austin signing.
I hope he is not the next hakeem nicks (really good, then fall off a cliff)
So this year may be a blessing in disguise if we manage to jag high draft pick and get a QB finally.
We are 1 game behind for the division lead with SIX FREAKING GAMES LEFT. and sam bradford maybe good. Tanking for a draft pick rarely works in the NBA, and even less in the nfl, Hence why teams never do it.

hench

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Falcons vs Vikings.

Devontae Freeman to be ruled out before kickoff which means Tevin Coleman should fumble the ball 4 times based on his fumble per carries average. Peterson to rush for over 150 yards in the first half alone while Jacob Tamme leads the team in receiving with 27 yards. I'm sure Dimitrioff's hair, goatee and glasses look will be on point.

Vikings 34
Falcons 3.

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
We are 1 game behind for the division lead with SIX FREAKING GAMES LEFT. and sam bradford maybe good. Tanking for a draft pick rarely works in the NBA, and even less in the nfl, Hence why teams never do it.

I'm not saying they should tank, they will probably lose in any event. I was making the point that we all know they aren't a good team and doing well from here will only cost them the chance to try and fix some of the flaws they still have.

Big Jim 11

All Australian
Oct 26, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
United, NY Giants

You are pretty decent at home and Cousins throws well at home, while our D is so pathetic it might as well not exist

We should have a better record but they were not unlucky losses, they were all a result of shocking clock management, choking, inability to understand a game of football and just in general shocking coaching

Back