I Feel The Need For Speed!...Top Gun Tigers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, but I feel as though we have contested ball winners and midfield physicality on our list but we're just not using them properly. Martin, Vlastuin, Cotchin, Miles and Townsend could be five physical inside midfielders that feed the ball out to guys like Ellis, McIntosh, Menadue, Deledio, Yarran and Edwards. But Dimma would rather use Dusty as an outsider/resting forward and Vlastuin as a defender. I understand the reasoning behind it but I think our lack of inside midfielders is somewhat exaggerated and some slight shuffling of players could go a long way to eradicating the problem we had in the EF against North.
Didn't Vlastuin say he has to build more of a tank before taking a midfield role. As for Dusty didn't he have a tank issue too? May not be the case now though.

Didn't Vlastuin say he has to build more of a tank before taking a midfield role. As for Dusty didn't he have a tank issue too? May not be the case now though.
Yeah that's why I said I understand the reasoning behind it - both their tanks are/were questionable and also because he may value Dusty's disposal on the outside rather than the inside. I still would prefer Dusty to be an inside bull. His core strength is amazing and he's so evasive when he has the footy.

Yeah that's why I said I understand the reasoning behind it - both their tanks are/were questionable and also because he may value Dusty's disposal on the outside rather than the inside. I still would prefer Dusty to be an inside bull. His core strength is amazing and he's so evasive when he has the footy.
I'm with you on Dusty and maybe we'll see some changes next year after another preseason with both of them and even possibly B. Ellis.

I agree, but I feel as though we have contested ball winners and midfield physicality on our list but we're just not using them properly. Martin, Vlastuin, Cotchin, Miles and Townsend could be five physical inside midfielders that feed the ball out to guys like Ellis, McIntosh, Menadue, Deledio, Yarran and Edwards. But Dimma would rather use Dusty as an outsider/resting forward and Vlastuin as a defender. I understand the reasoning behind it but I think our lack of inside midfielders is somewhat exaggerated and some slight shuffling of players could go a long way to eradicating the problem we had in the EF against North.
Dusty isn't an true inside beast, as they tend to be right at the bottom of the packs. He just isnt that type of player. He is a contested player just not in the vane of a Miles type.

I think Dusty is a player that is more dangerous in packs but not at the bottom of them. He's more damaging if he keeps his feet & excelerates out. I think we take an element away from the team otherwise IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually TV is super quick over 20 as well. Straight line speed is great. Not sure he really uses it well on leads though. When he gets into the open in the middle he goes real quick.

At the risk of bring up Treloar again......

We'll now can now weigh up his value against Rioli, + our 1st round 2016 and throw in Townsend for good measure.
This is a very good point you make . We added Rioli who Collingwood may have drafted before but couldn't & next years first round up our sleeve to draft or trade with. The so called experts like Wallet who said We had better list now but Collingwood would be better placed in a few years obviously didn't factor in Rioli & our next years 1st round pick. I reckon our list is looking great even better in 3 to 4 years time & I willing to bet it will be every bit as good as Collingwoods!

Last edited:
Works fine for home and away but come finals contested ball and physicality is king.... When we add those elements to our speed and endurance we will be very good
Right about the finals . Townsend & Moore along with Vlaustuin moving onto the ball will help immensely we hope.
I think our drafting strategy from here has become quite clear . More contested footy beasts along with a ruckman. And always look to bring in dare I say a Doozy !

This is a list of our players that have genuine speed;

Deledio
Yarran
Hunt
Menadue
Drummond
Butler
Rioli
Markov

Am I missing anyone?

Martin 2.87 20m
Broad
Edwards
McKenzie
Castagna
Short

Then Cotchin, Conca and I think Rance have sub 3 sec 20m times

Houli is another but not sure what his times are.

Martin 2.87 20m
Broad
Edwards
McKenzie
Castagna
Short

Then Cotchin, Conca and I think Rance have sub 3 sec 20m times

Houli is another but not sure what his times are.
Yeah I know all these stats but I don't think these guys are blistering across 50+ metres. It's not an issue at all, was just wondering who we have who could run a quick 100m time moreso than anything else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back