Scandal Lewie the Lion smashing it up in Mortlake

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/9f4b80b41aca06b61c199d1709234da3

BRISBANE Lions young gun Lewis Taylor has landed himself in hot water after being charged over an alleged $10,000 crime spree.

Police have charged the 2014 Rising Star winner over a criminal rampage they say saw eight cars smashed up with a stolen seat belt buckle in October last year.

The Herald Sun has confirmed Taylor, 20, has been charged with one count of theft, and one count of criminal damage.

It is alleged he stole the seat belt buckle in his hometown of Mortlake before smashing the windscreens of eight vehicles, including a garbage truck and four tip trucks.

Charming little fella

How do you steal a seat belt buckle?

Smashing 8 windows, such a random act as well.

I mean, even if I smashed a car window I think I'd be over it after the first one or two.

Seriously, smashing random people's car windows is such a ratbag, loser thing to do. Its what you'd expect from some druggy no life teenagers, not a professional AFL player and recent Rising Star winner earning big money and being lauded by the media.

Really says something about his character that he thinks its ok

The Brisbane Lions released a brief statement on Wednesday afternoon, saying they were aware of the court case. "He has co-operated fully with the investigation and is sorry for his actions. The club will not be taking any further action in relation to the matter," it said.

What the hell? How does the club not sanction him on these actions?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At one stage Jarrad Grant went to check on the commotion, but, after appearing to notice who it was, he turned around and went back to bed.

Police were reportedly surprised by the overall lack of serious damage.

“He gets the seat belt and runs around in circles, but he certainly doesn’t hurt you,” one insider said.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back