News Aidyn Johnson signs with Tatura

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems legit:
Johnson said he was still coming to terms with being drafted by the club he had followed since watching Brownlow medallist Gavin Wanganeen play after his return from Essendon in 2007.

Well, close enough....

That's a nice article but can you image today - walks into the club for the first time and either straight away or shortly after that, there is Gav and Byron to say welcome to the club son!

A Port man to the bone
Johnson loves Port Adelaide.

Instead of talking about his football craft, he’d rather talk about the mighty Power side that was a dominant force of the AFL in the early 2000s.

His heroes? The Aboriginal stars who lit up Port Adelaide games around the country, names like Gavin Wanganeen, Byron Pickett, and Peter and Shaun Burgoyne.To follow in their footsteps is something in which he takes immense pride.

“It was the indigenous players who were at the club in the early 2000s – guys like Gavin Wanganeen,” Johnson said of the reason for his Power love. “I didn’t really follow any one team until then, but guys like him were just fantastic to watch, that's when I first started going for the Power.”

IMG_20151126_180616_620.jpg

The first thing Aidyn Johnson did at Alberton was get his photo in front of the premiership flags [pic: portadelaidefc.com.au

That's a nice article but can you image today - walks into the club for the first time and either straight away or shortly after that, there is Gav and Byron to say welcome to the club son!

A Port man to the bone
Johnson loves Port Adelaide.

Instead of talking about his football craft, he’d rather talk about the mighty Power side that was a dominant force of the AFL in the early 2000s.

His heroes? The Aboriginal stars who lit up Port Adelaide games around the country, names like Gavin Wanganeen, Byron Pickett, and Peter and Shaun Burgoyne.To follow in their footsteps is something in which he takes immense pride.

“It was the indigenous players who were at the club in the early 2000s – guys like Gavin Wanganeen,” Johnson said of the reason for his Power love. “I didn’t really follow any one team until then, but guys like him were just fantastic to watch, that's when I first started going for the Power.”

This is good to hear. I reckon the Crows picked up a lot of fans outside SA on the back of Andrew McLeod's deeds a while back. We've once again got an exciting group of Indigenous players to make Port Adelaide
an attractive prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great article to read. Both recruits couldn't have struck a better cord with fans if they tried.

A small forward that kicks goals and applies intense pressure.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Love that article. Seems like a pretty mature and driven kinda lad. I feel Ken has a great ability to pick guys with the right kind of character.

From the day before the draft

Johnson keen to learn AFL draft fate

‘‘It’s feeling really good,’’ he said.

‘‘I had a scan the other week and it’s showing no signs of inflammation or scar tissue so I should be good to go for pre-season should I get on a list.

‘‘I probably had about six weeks of preparation before the combine so I wasn’t that confident, but I surprised myself with a couple of personal bests so that was good. I talked to most clubs too, so that’s a good sign.’’

Johnson keen to learn AFL draft fate

So it sounds like the injury concern is something of the past

The kid is extremely raw - not a great kick ... seems to be always kicking into a strong breeze .. but he reminds me of Cocky Collins. Very quick with a good leap and grab. He will need at least 3-4 seasons to blossom

The kid is extremely raw - not a great kick ... seems to be always kicking into a strong breeze .. but he reminds me of Cocky Collins. Very quick with a good leap and grab. He will need at least 3-4 seasons to blossom
The one thing that Hinkley will teach all recruits is not to put limitations on themselves.

His tackling and aggression really stands out in his highlights, just the kind of player we needed, hope his body holds up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back