News New Sponsors

Remove this Banner Ad

9ESgKOC.png

That's it boys !!!

Great, now we've got St Kilda's CEO encouraging members to take out loans. Hopefully, these are one of the 'good' money lenders that don't extort their customers and encourage bad debt. Any of the finance gurus on this forum can offer their opinion on this company and their business, I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about it.

Marketing is about how something looks, not how it really is, and for an ignorant person like myself, it doesn't look great.

Great, now we've got St Kilda's CEO encouraging members to take out loans. Hopefully, these are one of the 'good' money lenders that don't extort their customers and encourage bad debt. Any of the finance gurus on this forum can offer their opinion on this company and their business, I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about it.

Marketing is about how something looks, not how it really is, and for an ignorant person like myself, it doesn't look great.
You do understand the worlds economy is based around debt right?

We still aren't in a position to be picky on who sponsors us. While I think we are definitely heading in the right direction, we are still not out of the woods financially.

Pepper don't even appear to be a payday lender, and you would have to be in a bloody fortunate position to never have the requirement to have to get a loan for a house for instance.

I don't really care who sponsors us, as long as it's not illegal and they help our club to be as successful as it can.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Give it a spell Austinn, extorting people to sign up to bad debt? Are you serious?

How on earth is marketing a business an evil thing?

***EDIT
Sorry Austin, I misinterpreted your point (to an extent)... I deplore the 'payday' lenders like Nimble who do pray on people who are struggling with their day to day finances. They are dodgy scammers who rip people off.

None of this type offer large scale financial lending (homes, investments, etc) like Pepper do. I thought you were saying that this type of lending is irresponsible.

I share your disdain for the payday lenders....and extend that to the finance mobs like GE Money who offer the interest free periods that mobs like Harvey Norman promote (which see interest rates jump from 0% to 30% & catch people out).

It sounds like Pepper is very reputable & are another great get by Finnis & Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok.. I had a browse through their website.

They are a loan vendor like any other, except they are supposedly good with their customer service. They have won a few awards as well.

I don't see any problems with having them. Probably best sponsor since Linen House.

Im glad we got a new sponsor and pepper seems like a good company. Just wish we had of got a popular company with a great brand that everybody knows.

Give it a spell Austinn, extorting people to sign up to bad debt? Are you serious?

How on earth is marketing a business an evil thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for banging on, W2L. I know I got sick of the moralisers droning on about Carisle's indiscretion, so I've said my piece and I'll leave it here.

I should just answer your question first. I didn't in fact say that StKFC was "extorting" anyone to sign up to bad debt; please read what I wrote again and you'll see.

No, marketing a business isn't a bad thing. I don't know how you read that into what I wrote.

Some businesses make us look worse than others, and despite no business being without sin, and cars being a key polluter of the planet, I'd much rather be associated with a car manufacturer than cigarettes, alcohol, gambling or debt collection, that's all.

I agree that it's great to have a high profile sponsor, and I'm supportive of Finnis and co for landing this big fish. If Pepper Money don't end up causing people more pain and are a really responsible and respectable lender, I have no worries at all.

However, a lot of problems in modern Britain came from too many people getting loans they couldn't afford to pay off, and I'd hate for Australia to go down this path and I do feel uncomfortable with our club helping publicise and being visibly associated with a company that seeks to facilitate loans that banks won't touch.

Far be it for me to ruin this happy day though. I will now give it a spell as you asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the best comparison for pepper is either Aussie home loans or yellow brick road (brand wise and ethics wise)

If you're happy with either of those, pepper should be good.

My hope is Peugeot comes off and that's the "big name" everyone knows

Remember sponsors are paying to BUILD a brand, so you will only see challenger brands (not #1 or #2) paying big money with us just yet.

I think the best comparison for pepper is either Aussie home loans or yellow brick road (brand wise and ethics wise)

If you're happy with either of those, pepper should be good.

My hope is Peugeot comes off and that's the "big name" everyone knows

Remember sponsors are paying to BUILD a brand, so you will only see challenger brands (not #1 or #2) paying big money with us just yet.
I was told this morning Peugeot may be delayed for another 6-12 months. Something financial wise from there end...

Peugeot sponsorship; as reliable as the cars they made in the 90's : D

* the above comment will of course be deleted if they come through
I think it will come through just some issues from there end ... In saying that I wasn't really paying attention to the convo so could of heard wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back