List Mgmt. 2015 DRAFT discussion - Clayton Oliver #4, Sam Weideman #10, Mitch King #42, Liam Hulett #46

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What type of player should we go for in the rookie draft? Another mid? An outside midfielder? Someone with pace? A mature age player?

I'd still love Davin Ferreria but I can't see the club picking him up.
Which one is like Hogan? Take him. If not, one with an awesome name should be the plan B

Would take longer to light up without any hair though.

Can confirm, used to play cricket with a guy who smoked a lot and liked to light his teammates on fire. So many smooth, hairless forearms in that side...

James Parsons (Eastern Ranges)
Parsons, a Norwood junior, was arguably the unluckiest draftee on Tuesday night, with no club selecting him during the draft. The Eastern Ranges and AFL academy midfielder was overlooked, despite a solid season with the Ranges that saw him average 18 disposals and kick 14 goals from 14 matches. An outside midfielder with incredibly precise foot skills, Parsons will be one of an array of players hoping for a final lifeline in Friday’s pre-season and rookie drafts.

Greg Clark (Subiaco)
A tall, outside midfielder with excellent aerobic capacity, Greg Clark captained Western Australia in this year’s national carnival. Communicating to teammates and coaches is no issue for the mature Clark, who is an excellent, clear and concise speaker. And with a personal best beep test of 15.05, Clark never stops running, using his elite endurance to burn off opponents and find space to take uncontested marks and link up with teammates. Deserves a rookie spot.

Chris Jansen (Central Districts)
A big-bodied midfielder, Jansen threw himself into this year’s draft mix after a stunning 2015 campaign, which culminated in winning the league’s rising star award (the Powerade Star Search). The 20-year-old averaged 26 disposals, 18 uncontested possessions, four clearances and 117 SuperCoach points from 14 matches this season. Jansen recovered, performed well at the SA state combine, finishing with an impressive 14.1 in the beep test and top-three finishes in the running vertical jump tests.

My boss is mates with Jansens mum and has said that 5 clubs were in to him but we weren't one. Good Berra boy who just wanted to play 1 game of 1st grade and ended up dominating. After AVB I'm sold (plus my connections to get cool free s**t)

According to Adam Baldwin on HS live blog, we're a chance to take Alex Browne (former Essendon) with our pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other notables see Farran Ray to North Melbourne, Essendon take Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti from Tiwi Islands (22), while 4 x African players have been picked as well: Gach Nyuon (Ess, #4), Reuben William (Bris, #20), Mabior Chol (Rich #30) & Majak Daw (North, #33).

I've seen a lot of Wagner in the NEAFL. He's the outside player we wanted. Generally played half back or on the wing, has a bit of toe, and uses the ball well. I was pretty surprised that Corey was taken the other night and Josh wasn't, Josh is the better of the two for mine, albeit older and more developed.

He's not huge, so I wouldn't be expecting him to do a AVB ... but I think he's a chance to make it.

I've seen a lot of Wagner in the NEAFL. He's the outside player we wanted. Generally played half back or on the wing, has a bit of toe, and uses the ball well. I was pretty surprised that Corey was taken the other night and Josh wasn't, Josh is the better of the two for mine, albeit older and more developed.

He's not huge, so I wouldn't be expecting him to do a AVB ... but I think he's a chance to make it.
Yep definitely.

Know the two personally. Corey is a simpleton and a 'bro'. Josh is a great guy. Works very hard and IMO suits the AFL environment more.

Great get in the rookie draft.

Looks really composed. Hopefully he'll be orchestrating many attacking forays for us in the future. Reminds me of a 'rich man's' Strauss..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back