Diet and nutrition

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a lot of nutritional food which are on my list like soya beans, Asparagus, Avocados, Beet greens, Beets, Bell peppers, Bok choy, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots and Cauliflower.

If anyone wants to eat nutritious food then they can definitely try them.

My goodness, Brussel sprouts are fantastic! Slightly steamed with butter and garlic is amazing. I never thought that I'd say that but they're a staple. Of what you have listed I eat all but bok choy and beet greens. Pickled cabbage is another thing that has become a regular with me.

IIFYM/flexible dieting is the biggest crock of s**t.
I feel people are taking it way out of context with the way they approach IIFYM. Most people that implement that lifestyle have diets that lack nutritional value since they are always looking to 'fit this or that' in their 'macros. Most if not all eat low quality sources of meat that is mainly processed, refined sugars and food that serves no purpose nutritionally.

I feel people are taking it way out of context with the way they approach IIFYM. Most people that implement that lifestyle have diets that lack nutritional value since they are always looking to 'fit this or that' in their 'macros. Most if not all eat low quality sources of meat that is mainly processed, refined sugars and food that serves no purpose nutritionally.
In this case micros are just as important as macros. Supplements can only supply a limited amount.

IIFYM/flexible dieting is the biggest crock of s**t.

IIFYM, particularly if it's 80% junk food. But I do like the principles of flexible dieting, for me I dont stray to far from my diet (excluding a cheat meal saturday night) even then Saturday's I will reduce calories to fit my cheat meal in around about my calorie intake for that day. Or during the week at work if it's someone's birthday and there is cake/chocolate around i will have a slice/couple of pieces and say take out a serving of peanut butter and slightly reduce carbs that night.

I couldn't think of anything worse than counting calories and weighing food everyday. Here's a great rundown by Cristi Vlad.

"I think that this entire dietary cult is built on a shaky foundation.

First of all, it completely ignores the quality of the foodstuff you put into your mouth.

Second of all, it falsely assumes that food, beside its macronutrient content, has no other value to your health. It only provides energy.

This approach completely ignores how food alters the microbiome and how it affects gene expression. More on that in a bit…

Young people may get away with following IIFYM (and flexible dieting) in their youth years. But even so, it is most likely they are going to pay the price later in life."

http://cristivlad.com/iifym-and-the-major-flaws-of-flexible-dieting/

There are a lot of nutritional food which are on my list like soya beans, Asparagus, Avocados, Beet greens, Beets, Bell peppers, Bok choy, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots and Cauliflower.

If anyone wants to eat nutritious food then they can definitely try them.

All looks good bar the soya beans which im Tipping are GMO

You can eat below maintenance level & still put on fat if your consuming majority of your cals from carbs.

And you can eat surplus cals n not put on fat if it's the right food.

It's all about the quality of food v amount of food, not the calories.

Are you basing this on anecdotal evidence?

Just curious if there's anything to back this up...

Are you basing this on anecdotal evidence?

Just curious if there's anything to back this up...

Read, The Calorie Myth, by Jonothan Bailor.

I've seen many studies conducted where people ate the same calories, less than maintenance , Group A ate higher carb & Group B ate higher protein lower carb.
Both groups lost weight but group A lost muscle mass n increased fat mass, Group B lost fat n no muscle mass.

Read, The Calorie Myth, by Jonothan Bailor.

I've seen many studies conducted where people ate the same calories, less than maintenance , Group A ate higher carb & Group B ate higher protein lower carb.
Both groups lost weight but group A lost muscle mass n increased fat mass, Group B lost fat n no muscle mass.
Thanks mate I'll give it a read

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am doing a little bit of an experiment at the moment. Basically throughout November i was only consuming around 70g of carbs a day (weekdays) centered around my workouts, within a total of 2700 calories, now the next three weeks i am going to up my carbs to around 200g throughout the day (weekdays) and still hitting around 2700 calories, protein will/has remained the same, fats will drop to allow for more carbs.

I want to see if my body continues to drop weight, in November i wen from around 92.5kg to 87.5kg. They key difference between the two will be my Saturday nights in November i would splurge bit more than i will over the next 3 weeks, the goal is to weigh in 83kg Christmas morning and maintain 83kg - 85kg throughout next footy season.

I am doing a little bit of an experiment at the moment. Basically throughout November i was only consuming around 70g of carbs a day (weekdays) centered around my workouts, within a total of 2700 calories, now the next three weeks i am going to up my carbs to around 200g throughout the day (weekdays) and still hitting around 2700 calories, protein will/has remained the same, fats will drop to allow for more carbs.

I want to see if my body continues to drop weight, in November i wen from around 92.5kg to 87.5kg. They key difference between the two will be my Saturday nights in November i would splurge bit more than i will over the next 3 weeks, the goal is to weigh in 83kg Christmas morning and maintain 83kg - 85kg throughout next footy season.
Will there any change in your metabolism thus far with the 5kg weight loss?

Will there any change in your metabolism thus far with the 5kg weight loss?

I suppose it will slow down a little, but not much to make a huge difference. I'm upping my cardio to improve fitness for footy so guess that will balance it out.

Must, must, must try this on the weekend

12002816_1644694732447172_7408708843132628241_n.jpg

They look awesome, but that last pic looks like they're coated in some sort of sweet (sugary) marinate?
1 cup of bread crumbs in the mince and 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
the glaze is also BBQ sauce

looks delicious though and i like the concept. i might give it a go using my own seasoning and filler with the mince and just plain old olive oil as a glaze.

http://www.handyfood.net/recipe/stuffed-onion-bombs/

One of my favourite meals to whip up is half a packet of pasta boiled, 2 or 3 cans of tuna, ham, diced red onion, half a can of tinned corn, cottage cheese and some cheddar cheese on top. Mix it all together. So delicious. Eat some before your workout and the rest when you finish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back