Collingwood v Richmond. Who will win a premiership first?

Who will win a premiership first?

• Collingwood

• Richmond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the results are conclusively in favour of Collingwood especially if you also factor in the "lol lets vote against Collingwood" tax. I think bigfooty has spoken.

At this point in time the most likely outcome is neither of these current lists will win a flag.
This Richmond list won't win a flag.

The list Collingwood are building just might.
The list changes every year, usually by around 5-10 players. What is "this list"?
This list wont be the same in 12 months time.

The list changes every year, usually by around 5-10 players. What is "this list"?
This list wont be the same in 12 months time.
When all the players currently listed have finished their careers the current list is complete. Without wanting to be so pedantic I would say in 5-10 years the vast majority of either lists will have been moved on so that would be a reasonable time frame

When all the players currently listed have finished their careers the current list is complete.
No side is ever more than 5 years from a flag if you recruit/trade/draft/develop well. Look at the flag teams of the past 20 years then look at their previous 5 years. So many examples of quick turnarounds.

If Rich/Coll did things right, either could win a flag within the next 4 years.

No side is ever more than 5 years from a flag if you recruit/trade/draft/develop well. Look at the flag teams of the past 20 years then look at their previous 5 years. So many examples of quick turnarounds.

Of course they could. However when I look at the positions of both teams currently I see the most likely outcome is neither team will win a flag in the next 5 years. In an 18 team comp that wouldn't be a big shock.

Just means I think both teams are a fair way off a flag currently and because they are so hard to win the odds favour neither of them getting there

I'd hardly call the Pies' youth raw and unproven. Players like Treloar, Adams and Grundy (amongst ruckmen) are up there among the best quarter of players in the comp. Other than Ellis, and maybe Martin if you bump up the age bracket, who can you say that about Richmond?
Once Richmond's premiership window closes (noting that they have never really been close so far, 2016 looks to be their best chance), they can't turn as easily to their youth as Collingwood can.
Amazing how every supporter rallys against Richmond,even Sydney fans stroking Collingwood's arse.Why is a Richmond flag such a great fear to opposition fans?
Every Richmond loss this year,the game threads overflowed with flogs galore.
We win games and toys are thrown.
What is it about our magnificent club that gets you so upset?

Amazing how every supporter rallys against Richmond,even Sydney fans stroking Collingwood's arse.Why is a Richmond flag such a great fear to opposition fans?
You might want to win a final before talking flags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? It's pretty easy to say with a straight face tbh... :oops:

I'd take Vlastuin or Conca over Adams 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. :thumbsu:

Treloar is a jet, and Grundy is a solid young ruck, but Adams? No way lol, he's done less than guys like Nick Vlastuin and Reece Conca have.
Good to support your own but you need to flesh out a little why you rate Vlastuin and Conca so far above Adams and why you believe they have achieved more. On the surface neither has had near the season Adams had in 2015. Unfair perhaps on Conca because of his injury woes and Vlaustuin has played more HB than on ball but if you compare the stats from 2015 Adams appears to stepped right up.

In what areas do you see Vlastuin and Conca having done more than Adams? Why do you rate them so much more highly?

Compare With Stat Type

Player Statistics Comparison
Nick Vlastuin Name Taylor Adams
Richmond Tigers Team Collingwood Magpies
Defender, Midfield Position Midfield, Forward
61 Career Games 61
Northern Knights Origin Geelong Falcons
April 19, 1994 Date of Birth September 20, 1993
21yr 7mth Age 22yr 2mth
187cm Height 181cm
86kg Weight 84kg
2012 National Draft Last Drafted In 2011 National Draft
Round 1, Pick #9 Last Draft Position Round 1, Pick #13
Richmond Tigers Last Drafted By GWS Giants
2015 Stats for Season 2015
23 Games 18
8.3 Kicks Per Game 14.1
7.0 Handballs Per Game 13.3
15.3 Disposals Per Game 27.4
4.4 Marks Per Game 4.4
0 Goals Per Game 0.4
0 Behinds Per Game 0.3
2.7 Tackles Per Game 5.0
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.8 Inside 50s Per Game 3.6
0.1 Goal Assists Per Game 0.9
Frees For Per Game 0.7
0.7 Frees Against Per Game 1.4
5.4 Contested Possessions Per Game 11.7
9.8 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 15.5
12.8 Effective Disposals Per Game 17.1
83.7%
Effective Disposals % Per Game 62.4%
1.6 Clangers Per Game 3.7
Contested Marks Per Game 0.2
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0.5
0.4 Clearances Per Game 5.4
Rebound 50s Per Game 1.2
2.6 One Percenters Per Game 0.7
0 Bounces Per Game 0.1
80.0 Time On Ground % Per Game 80.1
$346,000 AFL Fantasy Price $548,000
62.0 AFL Fantasy Score Per Game 101.2
$390,100 Supercoach Price $476,500
75.2 Supercoach Score Per Game 97.9

Good to support your own but you need to flesh out a little why you rate Vlastuin and Conca so far above Adams and why you believe they have achieved more. On the surface neither has had near the season Adams had in 2015. Unfair perhaps on Conca because of his injury woes and Vlaustuin has played more HB than on ball but if you compare the stats from 2015 Adams appears to stepped right up.

In what areas do you see Vlastuin and Conca having done more than Adams? Why do you rate them so much more highly?

Compare With Stat Type

Player Statistics Comparison
Nick Vlastuin Name Taylor Adams
Richmond Tigers Team Collingwood Magpies
Defender, Midfield Position Midfield, Forward
61 Career Games 61
Northern Knights Origin Geelong Falcons
April 19, 1994 Date of Birth September 20, 1993
21yr 7mth Age 22yr 2mth
187cm Height 181cm
86kg Weight 84kg
2012 National Draft Last Drafted In 2011 National Draft
Round 1, Pick #9 Last Draft Position Round 1, Pick #13
Richmond Tigers Last Drafted By GWS Giants
2015 Stats for Season 2015
23 Games 18
8.3 Kicks Per Game 14.1
7.0 Handballs Per Game 13.3
15.3 Disposals Per Game 27.4
4.4 Marks Per Game 4.4
0 Goals Per Game 0.4
0 Behinds Per Game 0.3
2.7 Tackles Per Game 5.0
0 Hitouts Per Game 0
0.8 Inside 50s Per Game 3.6
0.1 Goal Assists Per Game 0.9
Frees For Per Game 0.7
0.7 Frees Against Per Game 1.4
5.4 Contested Possessions Per Game 11.7
9.8 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 15.5
12.8 Effective Disposals Per Game 17.1
83.7%
Effective Disposals % Per Game 62.4%
1.6 Clangers Per Game 3.7
Contested Marks Per Game 0.2
0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 0.5
0.4 Clearances Per Game 5.4
Rebound 50s Per Game 1.2
2.6 One Percenters Per Game 0.7
0 Bounces Per Game 0.1
80.0 Time On Ground % Per Game 80.1
$346,000 AFL Fantasy Price $548,000
62.0 AFL Fantasy Score Per Game 101.2
$390,100 Supercoach Price $476,500
75.2 Supercoach Score Per Game 97.9

Cheers mate, your stats have proven exactly why I rate Vlastuin over Adams.

Adams' position means he gets alot more of the ball than Vlastuin, who essentially plays as a rebounding defender off half back, so in pure stats Adams has Vlastuin covered.

But Vlastuin uses the ball INFINITELY better than Adams does, and is a much more creative player with ball in hand.

Vlastuin has more positive impact on a game with 15-18 possessions than Adams does with 25-28 possessions.

I knew this just by watching footy, but thanks for providing the stats to factually back it up though! :D

Cheers mate, your stats have proven exactly why I rate Vlastuin over Adams.

Adams' position means he gets alot more of the ball than Vlastuin, who essentially plays as a rebounding defender off half back, so in pure stats Adams has Vlastuin covered.

But Vlastuin uses the ball INFINITELY better than Adams does, and is a much more creative player with ball in hand.

Vlastuin has more positive impact on a game with 15-18 possessions than Adams does with 25-28 possessions.

I knew this just by watching footy, but thanks for providing the stats to factually back it up though! :D

Thought you would go with that line, it was probably the only one open to you. Disposal efficiency rebounding HB v inside mid, guess who is going to win that. It's pretty pointless comparison. I would agree the biggest knock on Adams is his disposal but at least compare him like with like. The 2 premier inside mids going around at the moment Josh Kennedy and Nate Fyfe have 64% and 69% efficiencies in 2015. The 2 real up and comers in that role Adams plays are Wines and Cripps who go at 65% and 69%. Adams can improve disposal efficiency but being an inside mid it can never be expected to reach the levels expected of a rebounding HB like Vlaustuin. It's just a bankrupt comparison.

As we have acknowledged Adams is expected to get a lot more possession, likewise Vlaustuins role requires a lot more efficiency. I see Adams, Vlaustin and Conca as all good young and up and coming players. In some ways difficult to compare but I do fail to see how you can be so cut and dried saying the 2 Richmond boys as so much more desirable to you as players and have achieved so much more in their careers to date than Adams. Just can't see how you have drawn that conclusion.

Essendon, Richmond, Carlton, Fremantle, Sydney, Adelaide are all >5 years away from a flag imo.

Or it could be just a matter of most posters not rating the Richmond list as one capable of winning a premiership o_O

You would have said the dogs were 5 years away from a flag in January 2015 as well, No one knows what's around the corner mate .
No I wouldn't have, Footscray's rebuild was well advanced by January 2015. The sides I've mentioned are those that are just beginning down that path or those that are competitive now but not good enough to win a premiership. On the other hand, sides like Brisbane, Melbourne, St Kilda may have had terrible 2015 but like Footscray are a significant way through their rebuilds.

Really? It's pretty easy to say with a straight face tbh... :oops:

I'd take Vlastuin or Conca over Adams 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. :thumbsu:

Should start a poll for this. Imo Adams is a far better player than both of them, although it's closer between him and Vlastuin than him and Conca. Conca has done nothing to have his name in the discussion.

What if Parish, Francis, Morgan, Redman, Laverde, Langford, Fantasia, Merrett and Mckenna all become A graders by 2017? Like I said no one knows what's around the corner.
That's never happening, you will be lucky if three of them become a-graders and in all likelihood that wouldn't happen before 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back