Ovens and King Football League 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruckman Tom Fursdon back from injury and Backman Shane Grahan also back from injury.

Anyone else hearing that a couple of the Benalla saints players thought to be heading to goorambat have done a bit of an about face and are now bound for Barnawartha in the tallangatta league to play under former saints teammate Mitch Exton??
Not true. A few Benalla Saints have followed Exton but the ones heading to Goorambat are a different bunch.

Ruckman Tom Fursdon back from injury and Backman Shane Grahan also back from injury.

Anyone else hearing that a couple of the Benalla saints players thought to be heading to goorambat have done a bit of an about face and are now bound for Barnawartha in the tallangatta league to play under former saints teammate Mitch Exton??

Didn't Fursdon play this year? Or are there two of them?

Big loss with Strack retiring! Been a very handy player

Didn't Fursdon play this year? Or are there two of them?

Big loss with Strack retiring! Been a very handy player

Tom had a shoulder reco in January this year after a serious dislocation against Bonnie Doon last round of 2014. So this year was pretty much a right-off with a focus on getting his shoulder right for life after footy. However you're spot on, he may have played a game or two late in the year (with some in the twos) but by his own admission was seriously underdone.
If Shane Graham's elbow is right he'll be a very handy acquisition too. It'll be great to have both blokes back around the club with their enthusiasm & work ethic.

Can someone from Moyhu please tell me it's not true that you signed a 2nds player who plays back pocket from CDHBU as your assistant coach? I'm hearing it a lot but surely it's false?? You fellas will have your hands full

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is that a former rover 3rds star and greta gun is returning to the blues after a year in Melbourne winning a high div league b&f. Not sure who. Apparently has a left boot to dream over

Nice article in the Chronicle about a couple recruits to Tarra. Horse Solimo should be a good addition on and off the field, also Danyon a level above above O&K sad to see him step down from the challenge of the better league.
I see Cam Potter has written the article, is this a sign that Nonch is on his way out with the junior reporter beating him the the major scoops? Or is he getting his teeth into some long meaty items down at his beloved Bright?

Finally some footy news in the Chronicle this week. Seems like there has been very little action lately.

Bonnie Doon seem to continually land quality recruits year after year, it's hard enough to recruit when blokes have to drive 20 minutes let alone an hour and a half to Bonnie Doon, I take my hat off to them as they seem to always pick up 4
Or 5 quality players.

Finally some footy news in the Chronicle this week. Seems like there has been very little action lately.

Bonnie Doon seem to continually land quality recruits year after year, it's hard enough to recruit when blokes have to drive 20 minutes let alone an hour and a half to Bonnie Doon, I take my hat off to them as they seem to always pick up 4
Or 5 quality players.
it was the same when they were in the old B&D league. They were quite a good side then and had guys coming from broadford and yarra valley to play. They must be doing something right off the field to get them there.

That flog from the chronicle must have a membership with Milawa for the amount he writes about them, give other clubs a run ya flog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That flog from the chronicle must have a membership with Milawa for the amount he writes about them, give other clubs a run ya flog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe most of the other teams in the league aren't worth talking about. Did you ever think of that you "flog". Go tongue punch your boyfriends fart box.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back