Welcome Rookie Draft Pick #31 - Jono Beech

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go again, our final player selection for 2015 is Jono Beech

187cm, 85kg, 25-year-old utility from West Adelaide. Plays forward, half-forward, and wing

Trained with us in the lead up to the 2015 season:

"West Adelaide best and fairest Jonathon Beech is training with the Crows in the lead-up to the drafts.

Beech, 24 earlier this month, is a strong-marking 187cm utility. Originally from Riverland club Barmera-Monash, he starred for the SANFL in its interleague win over the VFL this year."

Last edited:

I can't see him possibly getting a game in our side. We are flush with half forwards & medium sized utilities who are all quicker and more skilful.

Well deserved and I'm happy for him, but we needed to go tall.

CUxx40RUwAEVxHc.jpg

Adelaide has rounded out its 2016 playing squad by selecting West Adelaide forward Jonathan Beech with the Club’s second and final pick in the AFL Rookie Draft.

Beech, 25, is a strong-marking forward, who can also run through the midfield. The West Adelaide premiership player kicked 35 goals in 2015 to finish eighth in the Ken Farmer Medal. He also averaged 18 possessions, seven marks, six score involvements and four inside 50ms in 22 SANFL games. Beech ranked No.1 in the league for total marks and third for contested marks.

Originally from Riverland club Barmera-Monash, Beech trained with the Crows in the lead up to last year’s Rookie Draft, but the cards didn’t fall his way on the day. He’s represented South Australia in the past three state games.

ROOKIE BIO

Jonathan Beech
11/3/1991
187cm, 85kg
Forward/midfielder
West Adelaide (SANFL)

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-11-27/rookie-draft-jono-beech

Last edited:
The club has the club has been tracking Jono for a good 24 months and he has trained at the club at different stages

Roo is a big fan and Walsh was keen to add him last year however we did not have a spot in our list

No surprise here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't Beech meant to have reasonable pace and skills?
He has an awkward style but yeah he is a very skilful player, another X factor type which he will need if he wants to make our forwardline.

Don't be fooled by a slightly awkward kicking style, this bloke is a fantastic player.

Regularly takes the most marks per season in the SANFL, kicks goals and is smart.

He was BOG against our SANFL side last year and is in the best 5 players in the SANFL.

Absolutely fantastic bloke, too.

Good luck, Jono.

I can't see him possibly getting a game in our side. We are flush with half forwards & medium sized utilities who are all quicker and more skilful.

Well deserved and I'm happy for him, but we needed to go tall.
Remember we got greenwood 194cm and Keith 196cm both very good under 18 state players so both know how to play just pursued another sport first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back