Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

And a couple of fences in the works. New Raw Umber and Burnt Sienna rust blend.

One for Batman Miniatures Game:

wayne-fence.jpg

Got the Judge Dredd Miniatures PDF on sale at DriveThruComics so this one will fit in with that if I ever get to play it:

chopper-fence.jpg

Figured out what to do with the back of the Chopper fence.

Recently I replaced the wipers on our cars and kept the metal backing strips. Finally hoarding crap has paid off!

back-of-fence.jpg

Last edited:
I call this one: Dicking About at 3AM

rubble-01.jpg

Filler, paint, sand, gravel, PVA and a bunch of stuff to make a rubble pile.

IMG_0983.JPG
*sploop*

Painted black then a bit of a "dry" brush (my brush isn't always as dry as it should be).

The world's most painful poo:

(Edit - better shot w/ mini)

rubble-01-drybrush.jpg

Last edited:
For a moment there I thought it was an Airfix 1/72 tank model, as assembled by a 5 year old :D
It is basically a mud pie.

I will use it to mess with some little techniques - it has a pipe sticking out one side I want to try to get looking like it is leaking green ooze.

The glue droplets from the glue gun will become some sort of alien/mutant garbage-eating fungus. Just got some cross-stitch mesh I want to get looking like metal mesh. The white foamcore will become some sort of futuristic "visual display unit". Fly wire screen bits as concrete reo.

Last edited:
If you want tips, the guy and his wife who run this company make the best terrain in all human history, he's a poster on another forum I'm on.

https://www.patreon.com/3T?ty=h

I feel inadequate just mentioning his stuff in passing. The guy is a professional artist though. I probably shouldn't show you these, only unspoiler if you're prepared:

9cfJkJB.jpg

UwGltwh.jpg

foEs7tw.jpg

hxrcIU7.jpg

If you want tips, the guy and his wife who run this company make the best terrain in all human history, he's a poster on another forum I'm on.

https://www.patreon.com/3T?ty=h

I feel inadequate just mentioning his stuff in passing. The guy is a professional artist though. I probably shouldn't show you these, only unspoiler if you're prepared:

9cfJkJB.jpg

UwGltwh.jpg

foEs7tw.jpg

hxrcIU7.jpg
They're great - I've got a bunch of threads from other forums like DakkaDakka open that I scroll through. Just some mad skills and crazy imaginations out there. Meanwhile I still can't even do the eyes on my minis :)

As my pics probably show, I'm meandering through random basic techniques and ideas while I watch TV eps or fill in time here and there. It's relaxing and the kids like seeing the results.

Might sign up to get articles from these guys.

Edit: A friend of a friend pointed me at this guy, whom he thinks is the best model painter around - www.buypainted.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Chief, I have a Warhammer High Elf Battalion set I bought ages ago, its still boxed and still sealed in its plastic. Interested in buying it?
12310426_10206709749734836_1152654632040284015_n.jpg
I'm not really into Warhammer, sorry.

Today on Chief's Playhouse we've been mostly trying to do weathered wooden doors using this tutorial: http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/making-it-real-part-2/4084

It looks better in this photo than it does in real life, but it was a good practice of the technique. Everyone seems to love weathering powders to get a great finish but CBF buying them yet:

wood-hips-test01.jpg

And rearranging my pipe terrain (with coffee stirrer H-beam in the middle there, the ready-made Plastruct beams etc are stupidly expensive):

pipe-terrain-01.jpg

Chief's Playhouse hosted Chief Jr #2 starting on Shimmergloom the Shadow Dragon from D&D Legend of Drizzzt

shimmergloom.jpg

I've also started on a barricade terrain piece.

600x600-barricade-01.jpg

This will get some junk piled up and fastened to the posts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back