Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've also heard quite a few of the reserves fringe players aren't staying either. Numbers will be scarce and all for the same reason! (the senior coach) Monaghan does not mix well at all. He wouldn't even know the names of most reserves played let alone speak to them! As for his style of play that's a completely different issue. In my opinion his game plans are terrible - sideways, backwards short kicking stop start football. Eaglehawk should've shown him the door a long time ago!
"You said it"! It will be a long, long season for the Borough boys all to some "short sighted" thinking from the club's hierarchy.Whitfort couldn't run a tap much less a football club.He showed how weak he is by listening to Monaghan's henchmen,the ones" he hangs out with all the time.

"You said it"! It will be a long, long season for the Borough boys all to some "short sighted" thinking from the club's hierarchy.Whitfort couldn't run a tap much less a football club.He showed how weak he is by listening to Monaghan's henchmen,the ones" he hangs out with all the time.
Wasnt this said about Monahan when there was a mass exodus 2 years ago in the preseason, yet they made finals, he must be something right to still be there

Any news on the gisborne coaching front ?
Surely now by this time of year most of the top line candidates have been snapped up ?

I've also heard quite a few of the reserves fringe players aren't staying either. Numbers will be scarce and all for the same reason! (the senior coach) Monaghan does not mix well at all. He wouldn't even know the names of most reserves played let alone speak to them! As for his style of play that's a completely different issue. In my opinion his game plans are terrible - sideways, backwards short kicking stop start football. Eaglehawk should've shown him the door a long time ago!

Would probably say strath are the only team in the BFL that execute decent game plans! This may be because of the coach or because they have the cattle to do it! But basically BFL football is played in the same style as the HDFL just with better players! No intentions to switch and go, take the 45s or use the corridor! Just kick long to packs and see who wins the contested ball.

Would probably say strath are the only team in the BFL that execute decent game plans! This may be because of the coach or because they have the cattle to do it! But basically BFL football is played in the same style as the HDFL just with better players! No intentions to switch and go, take the 45s or use the corridor! Just kick long to packs and see who wins the contested ball.

Is that how they play in the HDFL is it Johnno?

So which is HDFL I'll break it down into two styles (plus mixed bag)?

Strath - Possession side always looked for short hit-up, would switch but only down back used corridor well, only go long if forced (talls actually poor overhead), good press

Flat - Possession side - slow with the ball and unorganized, will always look sideways and short if nothing short down the line, no defensive pressure (the most obvious game plan which is not a good thing)

Eagle - Run and gun, kick long to the fwds - not sure they knew at times but had the individual brilliance to make it work, one v one

Gizzy - as above but without the brilliance

Hurst - Run and gun, but happy to hit shorts if on, will square off but not backwards (which found them lacking space at times), lacks intensity in defense

Sq - bit of a mixed bag, look to switch are slow to move the ball, excellent stoppage side but very good tackling side

Sth - Possession side always bring the ball back in corridor, happy to kick back switch, played quickly when open but lack the skill to execute, good high press

Ky and Maine - Run and gun, ran hard fwd of the football particularly at stoppages no real structure just get it fwd, Ky maybe pressed? Maine maybe caught in-between (hard to tell)

Okay we will go through this slow! Got no issues with strath! From what I have seen I like they way their mids work back to clog up the defensive 50 then use that as a spring board if you like to launch an attack. how effective was their press? Didn't stand out too much to me?
I actually can't comment on gisbourne, Kyneton, Castlemaine and Maryborough because I haven't seen them play enough to be honest!

Your words- k-flat a possession side that is slow! Will chip sideways & backwards without making any in roads! In other words stuffs around with it until forced to kick long down the line

I agree with you about eagle hawk they are a bit more exciting to watch with the way they try to transition it. It is quick but it is usually still predictable and against the better sides got cramped for space and reverted to having to slow up and use the boundary!

The thing I noticed with hurst and square. This also probably applies to eagle hawk is that because they don't press up defensively it means they rarely turn the ball over in their half of the ground. Meaning they have to launch their attack closer to their backline. Giving oppositions too much time to set up and slow them up! Which strath did to great effect!

Won't bother taking about south either!

Okay we will go through this slow! Got no issues with strath! From what I have seen I like they way their mids work back to clog up the defensive 50 then use that as a spring board if you like to launch an attack. how effective was their press? Didn't stand out too much to me?
I actually can't comment on gisbourne, Kyneton, Castlemaine and Maryborough because I haven't seen them play enough to be honest!

Your words- k-flat a possession side that is slow! Will chip sideways & backwards without making any in roads! In other words stuffs around with it until forced to kick long down the line

I agree with you about eagle hawk they are a bit more exciting to watch with the way they try to transition it. It is quick but it is usually still predictable and against the better sides got cramped for space and reverted to having to slow up and use the boundary!

The thing I noticed with hurst and square. This also probably applies to eagle hawk is that because they don't press up defensively it means they rarely turn the ball over in their half of the ground. Meaning they have to launch their attack closer to their backline. Giving oppositions too much time to set up and slow them up! Which strath did to great effect!

Won't bother taking about south either!

Think you are being hard on South given the list they had.

Hurst pressed it's just that they didn't commit and never high enough. I think the main reason that SQ, Hurst and Hawk couldn't get the ball off Strath is they don't put enough pressure on the ball carrier.

if you watched the last too finals Hurst played they put good pressure on the baller carrier and belted SQ / got close to Strath.

Think you are being hard on South given the list they had.

Hurst pressed it's just that they didn't commit and never high enough. I think the main reason that SQ, Hurst and Hawk couldn't get the ball off Strath is they don't put enough pressure on the ball carrier.

if you watched the last too finals Hurst played they put good pressure on the baller carrier and belted SQ / got close to Strath.

That's y I didn't comment on south! Been a tough couple of years!

Personally I think without a defensive structure such as a press it is too hard to maintain pressure on the ball carrier for the whole game week in week out! That's why everybody needs to buy into it if you are going to see results! 1 weak link in the chain will cripple the whole team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing a Morrison Medallist/Morrish Medallist heading to Sandhurst with another top liner

Rowan priest crossed with Farren priest Ringo? Think rowan won the Morrison and Farren won the Morrish! Sandhurst would be hoping the ex Benalla assistant brings a couple of handy players with him!

Rowan priest crossed with Farren priest Ringo? Think rowan won the Morrison and Farren won the Morrish! Sandhurst would be hoping the ex Benalla assistant brings a couple of handy players with him!
Benalla would be hoping Not !
They are loosing good players already to O&M and other leagues in the area

Anyone looking at the fixture and thinking Kyneton have a massive chance to be 5-0. Very soft run to begin the year!!

Been suggested on the RDFL thread that Tom May and Fitzgerald may have also left Gisborne. What on earth is going on down there?

Been suggested on the RDFL thread that Tom May and Fitzgerald may have also left Gisborne. What on earth is going on down there?
Their coach to didn't sound too optimistic in the paper of their chances (jugga take some notes) nex year, are they any chance of getting Clinton young who is dominating the cricket pitch for them at the moment

Their coach to didn't sound too optimistic in the paper of their chances (jugga take some notes) nex year, are they any chance of getting Clinton young who is dominating the cricket pitch for them at the moment

Thought Young had committed up around the NCFL or away a bit from Gisborne at least?

Read in an article that nathan thompson is back at kyneton which everyone new. Ethan foreman from riddell plus 4 blokes from mitcham. But the one that surprised me is hamish and josh govan from gissy have moved over to kyneton. Something must be really wrong down at gissy as I spoke to josh a year or two ago and he would never have left gisborne back then.

Back