2016 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renewed my Vic membership and I have received an email stating that I am now in a new category of membership called Platinum member status.
So now I believe it goes Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze.

I didn't understand what this post was about until I got an email from the Lions today.

It looks like there is a new platinum member category for 20 years of continuous membership (since the merger). I wonder how many other people are in that category?

The email was actually about some upcoming platinum coloured Lions jumper that I think platinum members will be able to have their name included on & purchase I guess. I doubt it will be worn by the team though, seems more like that commemorative jumper they did for Simon Black.

It looks like there is a new platinum member category for 20 years of continuous membership (since the merger). I wonder how many other people are in that category?
I'm interested in that number too just so I can work out how special I am.

1st of December auto renewals have occurred.

Sitting at 11,959 as of this morning, we were at 16,000 this time last year.

Hopefully there are a few more in the process of being...well, processed. Hopefully it isn't a decline.

Hopefully there are a few more in the process of being...well, processed. Hopefully it isn't a decline.

Wouldn't be surprised if we do see a decent drop off after last season though.

Ouch. Bit of a drop.

What was it yesterday? I'm going to guess around 11,959, e.g. no update yet?

A bit? That's a massive drop.

Will be lucky to get 20 thousand next year after our terrible year.
I was hoping with the few extra recruits staff wise and a promising trade/draft period it wouldnt of been so steep. Maybe a good showing round 1 on the road against west coast will persuade a few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping with the few extra recruits staff wise and a promising trade/draft period it wouldnt of been so steep. Maybe a good showing round 1 on the road against west coast will persuade a few.
lets hope so. the first 2 or 3 rounds very important for our membership numbers. also feel that 2015 members who have not renewed are sitting on the fence, and are not diehard followers like the majority of us on big footy, would not closely follow drafting/trading/off field changes etc. they will purely rely on the on field performance as to weather or not they renew. i would say that if we have a good start to the season you will also get a lot higher number of casual followers who will just rock up to the gabba on game day and pay at the gate. in a non traditional footy state a lot of people are bandwagon jumpers, which i think is fine. hopefully we can convert a certain percentage to more regular attendance and in some cases membership.

Wow, we will be struggling to hit 20k, a bit embarrassing really.

We'll hit 20k. Haven't dropped below that even in our really shitty years, so there's guaranteed that many absolutely rusted on members.

so like half of the auto renewals have cancelled?

Highly doubt it. For me, I'm meant to log on to my BL account and pay for the membership which says is outstanding, I don't think I'm being counted as a 2016 member until I pony the dough. I'm guessing this is the case for a whole heap of our members.

Clearly it's just updating sporadically. Unless we got 1000 members in a day, it's safe to assume that a few of the autorenewals are still going through.

Hopefully we don't lose too many members.

Clearly it's just updating sporadically. Unless we got 1000 members in a day, it's safe to assume that a few of the autorenewals are still going through.

Hopefully we don't lose too many members.
We will see a bit of a drop. We were on a bit of a high getting Bundy and Beams in which no doubt helped the membership drive. Haven't had that really big star recruit this year for the average joe to take note. Finishing 2nd last would not have helped either. Expecting around 20k, hopefully we can push up towards the top 10 then we will start seeing some of those members back the follow year. Membership lags results by 12 months.

We will see a bit of a drop. We were on a bit of a high getting Bundy and Beams in which no doubt helped the membership drive. Haven't had that really big star recruit this year for the average joe to take note. Finishing 2nd last would not have helped either. Expecting around 20k, hopefully we can push up towards the top 10 then we will start seeing some of those members back the follow year. Membership lags results by 12 months.
numbers are going down for sure, but the up side is with the big crowd pulling Collingwood and the Hawks playing at the Gabba next year we should get at least 30,000 to those games. Then throw in a good Q clash and Sydney and even Carlton , which gets a good following ,we should pull good numbers in ticket sales with those teams, but only if we are a competitive team again imo.
Unfortunately we have all seen positive off seasons before and came out failing bloody miserably, I cant blame anyone for not wanting to go through a year like this one again , injuries aside.
We need wins or at least, exiting games against the top teams or even mid tear teams for that matter .

A good start to 2016 season and I still reckon we could get a late membership spike .
Me personally I wouldn't mind a year off , but I cant just go to one or two games, they got me by the short ones. :straining:

You had to expect a drop in membership after this seasons disaster. Going into 2015 the Lions were really talking themselves up in the preseason signing Dayne Beams and then the lead up to the round 1 blockbuster against Collingwood which ultimately saw the team go missing for half the game and the Pies win in front of a home crowd of 31K, it was all down hill after that.

In 2016 people will be voting with their feet, we need to win games early in the season, unlikely given the draw, but that is the only thing that will get membership up and bums on seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back