• Ben Cunnington

Votes: 63 31.0%
  • Dyson Heppell

Votes: 140 69.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotchin no not at the moment but yeah martin and deledio are for sure, hint why martin finished 7th in the brownlow and deledio was an AA. No need to be a sook though, no one even knows who the * cunnington is nor do they care :')
I don't even think it's close.

Ben is a dominant finals performer averaging 24.5 disposals per final.

Heppell is great accumulator, in a team that kicks sideways sideways backwards sideways sideways sideways and then turns it over.

He spends more time on the ground and gets many many many more cheap stats.

Heppell isn't a top 20 mid in the comp and neither is Ben at this stage... but playing a Grand Final tomorrow, I know which one I would take.

BTW, Has Heppell done any TV???

yeah but you probably think Deledio, Cotchin and Martin are A-Grade footballers.

Lol deluded north fans still. Better than Maffews.

I better let you know before anyone else does, it's spelt Matthews. Also most North supporters regard Matthews as the second best player of all time, behind Carey of course.

Personally I think Carey is the best I've ever seen and ever will see, but Matthews record speaks for itself and he has to go down as the GOAT.

Now I get that I opened myself up to some trolling by comparing Cunners to Matthews because of thier builds and even the way they move (except Matthews has him covered for speed of course). But that was on a North board random thoughts thread. It's pretty pathetic to continue to bring it up to again try to undermine me, and then use that to blanket all North supporters in order to make our arguments seem less valid.

Cunnington is a very good footballer. If you can't see that, you have no idea. Same goes for Heppell.

The question in the OP is who is now the better footballer.

So hey, let's stop knob measuring and get back on point.

Who would you want playing for your side going forward?

I don't even think it's close.

Ben is a dominant finals performer averaging 24.5 disposals per final.

Heppell is great accumulator, in a team that kicks sideways sideways backwards sideways sideways sideways and then turns it over.

He spends more time on the ground and gets many many many more cheap stats.

Heppell isn't a top 20 mid in the comp and neither is Ben at this stage... but playing a Grand Final tomorrow, I know which one I would take.
Cunnington's poor games need to be 20's and good games 30's in the stats department. He hasn't reached that stage yet.

There's no denying his ability to win the contested ball, take a grab and play forward but Heppell is a consistent performer and that's where he has Cunnington beat.

Cunnington has never had a year like Heppells 2014 season, AA, b&f, 4th in the MVP.
Poll is speaking for its self.

Cotchin no not at the moment but yeah martin and deledio are for sure, hint why martin finished 7th in the brownlow and deledio was an AA. No need to be a sook though, no one even knows who the **** cunnington is nor do they care :')

Poll aside, this comment is hilarious coming from a Tigers fan.

53e302dcfdb7ede55ddfb0b787696b85

Highly disrespectful thread for Heppell.

It'd be like if an Essendon supporter asked who's better out of Harvey or Howlett.

"but bur but...Howlett wins heaps of contested ball and has more tackles so Howlett easily"

Highly disrespectful thread for Heppell.

It'd be like if an Essendon supporter asked who's better out of Harvey or Howlett.

"but bur but...Howlett wins heaps of contested ball and has more tackles so Howlett easily"
Don't forget those clearances... the most overrated stat of all time (might be second to centre clearances)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget those clearances... the most overrated stat of all time (might be second to centre clearances)
I see your clearances and raise you pressure acts.

No, it's not like that at all. Continue to make a fool of yourself, it's entertaining. Did Essendon lose? Yes. Did they play well for most of the game? Yes. Was Heppell best on for Essendon and arguably best on for either side? Yes.

Heppell also had 14 CP's and 7 clearances that day :thumbsu:
Loose ball gets count as CPs.

My feeling about that game at the time was that Heppell was prolific but ineffective and even in fact wasted at least a couple of chances to set up goals when Essendon needed them most. So I went and had another look. He missed 3 targets inside 50 under no pressure and was directly beaten in contests leading to 4.1 worth of NM scores in the third quarter alone. But hey, 30 possessions so he must be in the bests. This might be a bit of an an outlier but it's the sort of thing I see when he plays against my club, which is why I don't rate him as highly as you do. He's an excellent accumulator with a knack for being where the ball is, but could be way more damaging.

Loose ball gets count as CPs.

My feeling about that game at the time was that Heppell was prolific but ineffective and even in fact wasted at least a couple of chances to set up goals when Essendon needed them most. So I went and had another look. He missed 3 targets inside 50 under no pressure and was directly beaten in contests leading to 4.1 worth of NM scores in the third quarter alone. But hey, 30 possessions so he must be in the bests. This might be a bit of an an outlier but it's the sort of thing I see when he plays against my club, which is why I don't rate him as highly as you do. He's an excellent accumulator with a knack for being where the ball is, but could be way more damaging.

And you have some roof to back this up?

10m 3s Q1 Cunnington does a backflip 180 handstand

14m 32s Q2 Cunnington performs CPR on a seagull that was too slow to get out of the way of the ball

1m 14s Q3 Heppell murders innocent children

32m 12s Q4 Cunnington kicks 100m goal after the siren to win the game by a point

Summary: Cunnington is real good, Heppell isn't as good

I suppose your own post in a supercoach thread is indisputable proof. As you were.
So if you looked it up on afltables while I watched it and catalogued every involvement, your opinion carries more weight? Ok.

You're welcome to watch the second half of that game and tell me which ones are wrong. Until then mine remains the definitive account of Heppell's 2nd half of the 2014 EF.

He did cost you at least 6 goals in that quarter tho.

And while I normally prefer to keep SuperCoach separate from actual football, it is at least less prone to the partisan bs of the rest of bf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if you looked it up on afltables while I watched it and catalogued every involvement, your opinion carries more weight? Ok.

You're welcome to watch the second half of that game and tell me which ones are wrong. Until then mine remains the definitive account of Heppell's 2nd half of the 2014 EF.

He did cost you at least 6 goals in that quarter tho.

And while I normally prefer to keep SuperCoach separate from actual football, it is at least less prone to the partisan bs of the rest of bf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are we meant to take you seriously when you can't get your own stats right? In the space of six posts it has increased from four to six goals, clear faults in this "definitive" account. Yet even crediting those goals to him is ridiculous. Not winning a centre clearance or being spoiled in a marking contest which eventually results in a goal does not mean it was Heppell who should receive the blame. Your "analysis" is so one eyed it's laughable, you even try and heap s**t onto Heppell for plays after he has disposed of the ball further along the possession chain.

He directly cost them 6 goals by not reading the ruck better and getting the clearance at the very start of the passage going his way.

Probably cost closer to ten goals because he didn't take more screamers and run all the way into an open goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back