Welcome to Collingwood Josh Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of achievement it would have to be Archie Smith, who was the VFL's Leading Goalkicker in 1898. He's also the only one to be a premiership player, though that was in 1896 (our last year in the Association).
That does it for me.
I forgot he was a leading goal kicker.
Historically we have had the most years with leading goal kicker (easy when you have dick lee and Gordon Coventry)
Most Our multiple leading winning goal kickers:

Dick Lee 10 times!!!!
Gordon Coventry
Ron Todd
Peter McKenna

That does it for me.
I forgot he was a leading goal kicker.
Historically we have had the most years with leading goal kicker (easy when you have dick lee and Gordon Coventry)
Most Our multiple leading winning goal kickers:

Dick Lee 10 times!!!!
Gordon Coventry
Ron Todd
Peter McKenna
Also the one timers
Ted Rowell, Ted Lockwood, Archie Smith, Charlie Pannam, Ian Brewer, Brian Taylor.

So with lee x 10, Nuts x 6, Todd x 2, McKenna x 2 and the 6 above x 1 = 26 times winning the goal kicking. I would be stunned if another team is close to that number.

Also the one timers
Ted Rowell, Ted Lockwood, Archie Smith, Charlie Pannam, Ian Brewer, Brian Taylor.

So with lee x 10, Nuts x 6, Todd x 2, McKenna x 2 and the 6 above x 1 = 26 times winning the goal kicking. I would be stunned if another team is close to that number.
Not even a close race! Hawthorn 15, Essendon 14, Geelong 13.

Not a rumour. Essendon were well into him..
For us keefe was a no brainer early, big key player types, albeit depth player and 2017.
Brown goes down as an example, Keefe fine enough replacement

Welcome to collingwood dicky
DickSmith%20logo.jpg
article-2484131-1920FE5F00000578-9_306x423.jpg

Wat-Gif-11.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Builds responsibility and leadership, good character traits to have around the club :thumbsu:

Absolutely. He's obviously got a nurturing, leading side to him. No idea if he'll be any good as a footballer but if he is, that kind of personality can be very useful.

Assuming he was good at his job of course. I've seen a couple of child care workers that have been so lazy and half-arsed. Only in the job because they can't do anything else. Have to feel for the kids who get stuck with numpties like that.

Sam Dwyer like replacement? Hard working, no frills type midfielder. Will bust his gut to get the absolute most out of himself now he's been given an opportunity. 6 years younger though and probably a longer kick but reminds me a lot of him.

What were Dwyer's numbers like when we rookied him from the VFL? Smith ave 28 disposals at NEAFL level which is a step below VFL but would be an interesting comparison.

I have a sneaky feeling this guy will be another rookie success for Hine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back