Current Charges laid in alleged sex attack on 14-year-old girl at St Albans Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting but more evidence against them.

Can't remember a crime outraging me as much as this one. Still cannot fathom how bail has been granted to 2 of the men as it appears police have a strong case against them.

Yeah I know, but still doesn't make it any less easier to hear about it. Also was reported on the news last night they raped her "simultaneously", it just gets worse and worse. This crime deserves nothing less than a maximum sentence or close enough to it. I couldn't give a s**t if it's their first offence, not one s**t.

Whilst we're angered by the current handling of the suspects, lets refrain from making comments reflecting on a mob mentality

Thanks

This is messed up and a confusing one. Seemed like an open and shut case when I first read about it.

Not with multiple offenders who are related to each other and were previously unknown to the complainant committing multiple acts - good luck being able to recall and identify who did what in a traumatic situation, especially if affected by alcohol or the like. Add in potential arguments of belief in age and belief in consent, and it becomes a nightmare to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well very hard to find any details about this case, obviously from the start there was more to it than we knew with four accused rapists getting bail.
Very curious to hear more.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but at the time weren't there reports that the victim showed the physical signs of being attacked, on top of her boyfriend/boy she was with that night being hit and witnessing them taking her, as well as people claiming the brothers (or one of them) bragged about it the next day? What in the hell has occurred since then?

So prosecutors believe they would be unable to prove their case.
Weird.

Something seriously off. For it to suddenly disappear. Just like that given the outrage.

Donners. Or anyone? What happened? Somehow the evidence got stuffed, Frankston re visited or something else entirely?????????

Given the publicity, outrage and concern this case generated why did it disappear without a trace? Or explanation?

Something seriously off. For it to suddenly disappear. Just like that given the outrage.

Donners. Or anyone? What happened? Somehow the evidence got stuffed, Frankston re visited or something else entirely?????????

Given the publicity, outrage and concern this case generated why did it disappear without a trace? Or explanation?

I have some knowledge of it, so I won't comment specifically.

Broadly, matters are discontinued for a variety of reasons. It could be because there are insufficient prospects of conviction, or because it is not in the public interest to proceed or - and quite commonly in sex offence matters - because the complaint does not wish to proceed.

Reasons are not required to be given for a discontinuance, and it is almost always the case that they are not given.

The media coverage of this matter has been excessive and intrusive, leading to much ill-informed debate, and it is in everyone's interest for it to be left in the past.

I have some knowledge of it, so I won't comment specifically.

Broadly, matters are discontinued for a variety of reasons. It could be because there are insufficient prospects of conviction, or because it is not in the public interest to proceed or - and quite commonly in sex offence matters - because the complaint does not wish to proceed.

Reasons are not required to be given for a discontinuance, and it is almost always the case that they are not given.

The media coverage of this matter has been excessive and intrusive, leading to much ill-informed debate, and it is in everyone's interest for it to be left in the past.

Got it. Say no more. Very sad if what you say is true. We can all read between the lines.

Rest of my quote got cut. But the media really are a pack of dogs at times.

Because the publicity, outrage and concern was all generated by tabloid media (and by reporters who probably get more recognition for clicks than facts), not by people who had any independent knowledge of the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back