HB Newnes Carlisle Roberton
C Freeman Armitage Acres
HF Billings Bruce ?
F Lonie McCartin Membrey
Foll Longer Dunstan Steven
Int Gresham Hickey ? ?
Emerg Savage McKenzie Sinclair Ross
Delaney Wright Okearney white

Another 4 draft & trade years too come so im allowing hopefully 4 more 1st round selections to fill vacancies . Looking very strong :thumbsu:

B Webster Goddard ?
C Freeman Armitage Acres
HF Billings Bruce ?
F Lonie McCartin Membrey
Int Gresham Hickey ? ?

Another 4 draft & trade years too come so im allowing hopefully 4 more 1st round selections to fill vacancies . Looking very strong :thumbsu:
any of savage, mckenzie, sinclair, ross, okearney and white get a spot aheadof hickey.
savage on back flank, roberton back pocket.
sinclair hff. ross and mckenzie bench.

also in 2020 i doubt armitage will be playing as a 32 yr old.

that's just what I read around the place, who is he comparable to then?
When I wrote his profile I said Brett Stanton; neat accumulator but nothing particularly elite.

I stand by it.

any of savage, mckenzie, sinclair, ross, okearney and white get a spot aheadof hickey.
savage on back flank, roberton back pocket.
sinclair hff. ross and mckenzie bench.

also in 2020 i doubt armitage will be playing as a 32 yr old.

Yep , heaps of ? But still another 4 years .
I would love a 3rd tall defender ( josh Gibson type) and half forward/ mid ( Dustin Martin type) .

B Webster Goddard ?
C Freeman Armitage Acres
HF Billings Bruce ?
F Lonie McCartin Membrey
Int Gresham Hickey ? ?

Sincs has to be in any future starting 22

Yep , heaps of ? But still another 4 years .
I would love a 3rd tall defender ( josh Gibson type) and half forward/ mid ( Dustin Martin type) .
I think we have a dusty martin type in arguably gresham and freeman. both have that really quick first couple steps and freeman in particular has that core strength.

Also I'm guessing if coughlan has any success he'll be the gibson

Not sure Gresh is going to be a Dusty type.
I think Freeman could be that explosive strong from the waist down type line breaker .

Not sure Gresh is going to be a Dusty type.
I think Freeman could be that explosive strong from the waist down type line breaker .
the issue for gresh is that he might just be to small to be that kind of player. no arguing his turn of pace though. may also become like lewie taylor but slightly quicker

the issue for gresh is that he might just be to small to be that kind of player. no arguing his turn of pace though. may also become like lewie taylor but slightly quicker

Gresh is going to be fantastic for us , his highlight package looks like Shuey from West Coast .
Lewie isnt that quick , couldn't out run the law :D

FB: Rice - Goddard - Roberton

HB: Webster - Carlisle - White

C: Acres - Dunstan - Savage

HF: Billings - Bruce - Steven

FF: Lonie - McCartin - Membrey

Foll: Longer - Freeman - Gresham

I/C: Sinclair - O'Kearney - Ross - Newnes
I really really really like the look of that backline. A lot. Forward line still has a bit of development to go, but if they put it all together it is so dynamic. Lots of avenues. Few question marks over our midfield, although I am confident in Longer becoming a part of the top handful of ruckman in the future. Still have 4 years of draft picks to go!

I really really really like the look of that backline. A lot. Forward line still has a bit of development to go, but if they put it all together it is so dynamic. Lots of avenues. Few question marks over our midfield, although I am confident in Longer becoming a part of the top handful of ruckman in the future. Still have 4 years of draft picks to go!
I agree the mid needs work. Although if freeman and gresh make the grade I don't think itll need much more.

I think Mad Sainter that if anything we are going to see two rucks become even more of a thing with the lack of a substitute now. The issue was more team height balance then anything to do with endurance allowances limited by the cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Mad Sainter that if anything we are going to see two rucks become even more of a thing with the lack of a substitute now. The issue was more team height balance then anything to do with endurance allowances limited by the cap.
I kinda think Bruce will do the pinch hitting to give Longer a break. Also we dont have two quality ruckmen so until we get a decent no2 we cant play a 2 man ruck combo anyway.

Armitage is not Sam Mitchell

Armo started late so should have the run in his legs and doesn't rely on pace and skills so much as grunt. I can see him going until about 35.

Armo started late so should have the run in his legs and doesn't rely on pace and skills so much as grunt. I can see him going until about 35.
Never said he wouldn't still be going. I just have high hopes for guys like Billings, Dunstan, Freeman and Gresham and think that if we are genuine chance for a flag this guys will be our starting midfield.

3 things need to happen by 2020 to really be a threat

1. Acres needs to become a 20+ possession big body mid
2. McCartin needs to become a 50+ goal a year FF
3. We need 1 top free agent mid with x factor, run and goal scoring ability i.e JOM

Acres is really important to our teams balance considering our shorter mid field and McCartin has to be a solid forward option when Riewoldt retires as Bruce can't do it alone. Finally I'm bullish on a Armo, Steven, Dunstan, Freeman, Gresham lead midfield but we will want to add a classy user to that group

I believe that most of our team have shown that with natural development they will at least be very GOP's and by 2018 we should have the strongest list since 2004.

I think 2017 delistings may break this board after the way most of us acted this year. In 2016 Fisher and Dempster will likely retire and we will only need to delist two other players but in 2017 if Riewoldt and Montagna decide to push for 2018 finals we will need to choose 4 to delist.

Likely at the beginning of 2018 6 of the 11 listed here
Brenton Payne, Eli Templeton, Nathan Wright, Brodie Murdoch, Josh Saunders, Tim Membrey, Darren Minchington, Cameron Shenton, Luke Delaney, Jarryn Geary, Sam Gilbert

Also if Holmes makes the main list at the end of 2017 7 out of the above group of 11 will likely be delisted by 2018. I think the veteran cap bonus may give Geary and Gilbert an advantage and I would think 3 or all of Membrey, Eli, Minch and Wright will survive but just think about a 2018 season where a combination of them and a couple 18-20 year old's are the weakest players on our list that's very exciting. 2020 is too far away to project which players would be delisted in 2018-2019 but if we can avoid the horrible mix of injuries (Ball, Kos, Maquire, Penny, Jones) and player movements (Black, Guerra) that hurt us so badly after 2004 we will be a very strong chance and we have decent Rucks this time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back