Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry about Essendon surviving.

Would hate to lose the feeling of beating them at the G.

If they get banned for two years (the players) with the follow-up legal action they might not survive...

image.jpeg

They won't die, the AFL will do everything in its power to ensure they don't as Essendon is a big cash cow. They'll make Carlton of 2002-2007 look like current day Hawthorn though.
I hope so Thrawny but I'm not so sure. Their fans still believe they are innocent for the most part.

When they find out they did cheat they will lose the entire older generation of fans. Believe me.

That demographic is what holds the club together ...

On the bright side I am getting sick of being kicked out of Etihad with this stupid sms thing.

I don't swear or behave badly.

I simply call them out as drug cheats and keep getting removed from the game because the EFC fans sms my seat number...

It's ridiculous, how is that worthy of being removed from the stadium?

On the bright side I am getting sick of being kicked out of Etihad with this stupid sms thing.

I don't swear or behave badly.

I simply call them out as drug cheats and keep getting removed from the game because the EFC fans sms my seat number...

It's ridiculous, how is that worthy of being removed from the stadium?
It's not.

It makes you wonder if those same people doing the dobbing will even bother turning up to games if they know that the 'drug cheats' have been confirmed by the CAS.

The AFL and EFC have done such a great job of selling the 'we were all just really incompetent' storyline to Bomber fans m, that when the CAS find that to be complete and utter bullocks, these EFC fans will scream conspiracy and possibly leave the game for good.

Oh well.

Montreal The World Anti-Doping Agency has highlighted the watershed BALCO case, which condemned international stars such as Marion Jones without any positive tests, as a relevant precedent for prosecuting Essendon footballers.

Speaking to Fairfax Media from his organisation's Montreal headquarters, WADA director-general David Howman has described how the most powerful anti-doping regulator framed its Court of Arbitration for Sport challenge of an AFL tribunal verdict that effectively cleared 34 players.

"Quite simply, if the BALCO cases had been decided under the principles followed by the AFL tribunal, none of the BALCO people would have been sanctioned," Howman said as the CAS panel continues deliberations ahead of a verdict announcement expected before Christmas.

"For us, the key issue [in appealing the AFL tribunal finding] was: can investigations be done in a way that BALCO and a whole lot of other previous cases were run? Or, is there going to be a significant change due to the way the AFL tribunal decided it? Because that would change the whole way that we put cases before courts.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/sport/wada-likens-essendon-to-balco-case-20151127-gl9uxt.html#ixzz3spWQLVzY

These campaigners will be propped up by the AFL* for however long it takes for them to get back on their feet, even if they're propping up the ladder for a few years.
For sure.

Yes, the finding was farcical.

Yet the guys on the tribunal were very prestigious. It was like they were looking for any loophole to get that outcome.
I think it just goes to show just because you may have plenty of legal experience in criminal law, doesn't necessarily mean you have a good handle of anti-doping or sporting issues. David Jones convinced the tribunal that Barry Hall should play in the GF, after all.

Been saying that for a long time, well before the demetriou administration
The only chance of it being solved is a breakaway league, with a maximum of 12-14 teams
So no chance
A cleanout of the entire AFL Commission and any executives in key decision-making posts might be enough to change the organization's corrupt culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the tribunal applied the same burden of proof to TB4 that some religious fundamentalists apply to evolution

"It's still just a theory, it's not 100% certain...just because all available evidence supports it, doesn't mean we have to believe it believe it if we don't want to"

It's not.

It makes you wonder if those same people doing the dobbing will even bother turning up to games if they know that the 'drug cheats' have been confirmed by the CAS.

The AFL and EFC have done such a great job of selling the 'we were all just really incompetent' storyline to Bomber fans m, that when the CAS find that to be complete and utter bullocks, these EFC fans will scream conspiracy and possibly leave the game for good.

Oh well.
Thanks mate, it's absolute crap.

Oh the Essendon fans are in for a real world of hurt soon.

They might end up having to merge with GWS in a similar relocation that South Melbourne did.

They might end up having to merge with GWS in a similar relocation that South Melbourne did.
Wouldn't that go down well with the pc brigade, given the ethnicity of the majority in that area

"GWS Bombers"

What did you think of Worsfold door knocking last week, mate?

This is going to be quite confusing for the EFC and even its supporters

Taking responsibility is going to be a whole new experience for them
The frothing foaming like 'melty marty' have already lined up to respond to the tweet if you click on it.

This is going to be quite confusing for the EFC and even its supporters

Taking responsibility is going to be a whole new experience for them

Don't think you can get confused with your head in the sand, more likely will cause suffocation due to the length of time buried, I would think OTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back