Pre-season 2015/2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Our problems last year were dealing with congestion and our contested work. The club has shuffled the coaches and hired a conditioning coach whose strength is in conditioning athletes.

At the moment Mladen would be at his busiest. He has to look at our strength program, go away and see how it is administered. By administered we are talking about if there is a gap between what we intend to do and what we need to achieve. He will have to find out how each player makes sure that they are training in the right way.

For those of you who are still questioning the clubs intentions, Mladen talked about ways to better measure whether a player is training at the right intensity. He also said he was more into in player communication and psychology when it came to getting the best out of an athlete. Burgo is the guy who makes our players run and trains them to be agile, quicker and run longer. I hate hearing how people say Burgo produces smaller athletes. It takes a good conditioning coach to keep the players strong. This is why we have a change in personnel in that area. Mladen also said that you don't sacrafice size for strength and speed.

Bumped into Hammer and Matty Primus* at the Queens Head today. Busy spot before the cricket, good pizzas.

*About 30 minutes apart, for the avoidance of rumor ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumped into Hammer and Matty Primus* at the Queens Head today. Busy spot before the cricket, good pizzas.

Bumped into Eddie Betts at the supermarket this morning. Or would have but he feinted left and ended up at the checkout first. Watch the hips Powerstufff, watch the hips. How many times must I fall for that?

Bumped into Eddie Betts at the supermarket this morning. Or would have but he feinted left and ended up at the checkout first. Watch the hips Powerstufff, watch the hips. How many times must I fall for that?

Eddie is a cracking bloke - he gives as much time to random kids as ANY footballer that I have ever seen!!

12304341_1082470015149626_2781339678105211882_o.jpg

Yep, Boak is a real skinny bugger :rolleyes:

My first official act as Robbie's 2016 buddy is to finish that damn haircut!

The last time I got a haircut I remember looking up halfway through and realising I looked exactly like DBJ.

39880-port-adelaide-player-sponsor-auction-2015-darcy-byrne-jones-1000.jpg

The players look fine. They're not going to bulk up during their holidays when they probably need to spend time avoiding putting on weight that's more difficult to shed during this relative down period.
Would people rather they come back as fatties?
I still cant erase the memory of Adam Heustus fat arse after a pre season - it was an absolute disgrace - Jack Cahill thought it was Bubbles Obst making a comeback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best pizza in Adelaide. All the food there is amazing.

I still cant erase the memory of Adam Heustus fat arse after a pre season - it was an absolute disgrace - Jack Cahill thought it was Bubbles Obst making a comeback.
Hueskes, but yeah. Went up a few dress sizes.

Nah, just the ones he's posted. There's one with Butch talking to Ken. He's put on a lot of size.
Optical illusion until you see him against his opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back