Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha, awesome. I always thought it was Berenstein. Turned to my missus with no context and asked her how to spell it and she said the same....she's a little freaked hehe.

There's others like this.

"Luke, I am your father"
"Life is like a box of chocolates"

...2 famous quotes that are actually wrong (actually they are "NO, I am your father" and "Life WAS like a box of chocolates") - in...ahem...our timeline anyway.

Muhammad Ali and Nelson Mandela are both still alive although lots remember them dying (I must admit I thought Ali died a few years ago)

And Henry VIII's famous(?) portrait holding a turkey leg doesn't exist.

The Berenstein one baffles me though, all the rest I've found I disagree with or can be explained (often by idiocy!)

I remembered today after reading this, there was a song they used to play on JJJ a few years back, by an albino rapper, googled him cause I couldn't remember his name, it was brother Ali, but I remembered the line from the song. Something like "bought me a house like the berenstEin bears. So I googled the lyrics.....

"Already got a boy, now the baby girl's here, bought us a house like the Berenstain Bears":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now that I think about it, whilst typing this post, Americans pronounce AI as E, Like Craigs List, is pronounced Cregs List, so in theory if it was always spelt with an AI, but we always heard it spoken as an E sound, maybe we just assumed it was spelt with an E, looking back to our memorys from so long ago.

Couple of days later I'm still rattled by it.

I've got a whole bunch of the Bears books buried in boxes somewhere and I must spend the required two hours finding them.

But I know they'll probably say stain.

Disturbing.

"Luke, I am your father"

wait people actually get the most infamous line from empire wrong?

Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father

he told me enough........ he told me you killed him.

No, I am your father.

No, Nooo, That's not true, That's Impossible.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

NOOOOO....NOOO

Luke you can destroy the emperor he has forsense this, It is your Destiny! Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son..............come with me it is the only way.

If you ****ed any of that up, please get out of my universe.

I remembered today after reading this, there was a song they used to play on JJJ a few years back, by an albino rapper, googled him cause I couldn't remember his name, it was brother Ali, but I remembered the line from the song. Something like "bought me a house like the berenstEin bears. So I googled the lyrics.....

"Already got a boy, now the baby girl's here, bought us a house like the Berenstain Bears":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Now that I think about it, whilst typing this post, Americans pronounce AI as E, Like Craigs List, is pronounced Cregs List, so in theory if it was always spelt with an AI, but we always heard it spoken as an E sound, maybe we just assumed it was spelt with an E, looking back to our memorys from so long ago.

The 'Stein' ending is common in names, I think that the 'Berenstain' spelling just doesn't look quite right because we are used to names ending with 'stein' , and our brains think it should be 'Berenstein'. I certainly thought it was Berenstein until I read about this not long ago.

Muhammad Ali and Nelson Mandela are both still alive although lots remember them dying (I must admit I thought Ali died a few years ago)

Mandela isn't alive in this universe. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unable to come to grips with the fact that they had the name wrong this whole time, some fans have even come up with a crazy theory as to why the name was "changed." They believe that the name of the books was actually Berenstein at one point, but we've shifted into a parallel universe — an alternative timeline, if you will — where the title of the books is The Berenstain Bears.

There's actually a name for this theory: The Mandela Effect. The theory states that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines and was named by writer and "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome based on the fact that thousands of people apparently remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the '80s despite having been released from prison in 1990 and going on to become president of South Africa. Mandela didn't actually pass away until 2013. But Broome doesn't consider the theory to be crazy or a conspiracy. She believes it's based on quantum mechanics (which is way to complicated to even begin to explain).

Unable to come to grips with the fact that they had the name wrong this whole time, some fans have even come up with a crazy theory as to why the name was "changed." They believe that the name of the books was actually Berenstein at one point, but we've shifted into a parallel universe — an alternative timeline, if you will — where the title of the books is The Berenstain Bears.

There's actually a name for this theory: The Mandela Effect. The theory states that shared false memories are in fact glimpses into parallel worlds with different timelines and was named by writer and "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome based on the fact that thousands of people apparently remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the '80s despite having been released from prison in 1990 and going on to become president of South Africa. Mandela didn't actually pass away until 2013. But Broome doesn't consider the theory to be crazy or a conspiracy. She believes it's based on quantum mechanics (which is way to complicated to even begin to explain).

I started reading this and was thinking how familiar it sounded then I remembered you accidentally posted this in the Chickentrain thread on the main board!

I started reading this and was thinking how familiar it sounded then I remembered you accidentally posted this in the Chickentrain thread on the main board!
Haha that's where I'd seen it! It's late at night and after reading this it feels like I'm on a mushroom trip or something. Then I was thinking, Geez haven't I just seen this mentioned like an hour ago? Then I'm back tracking through all my internet history wondering where I'd seen it before.

Very weird though, Stein all the way.

I had forgotten all about those books but I have the faintest memory of couple of them books I had. Was the cover of one brown?
I read a word so quick often the way i see and say it is how I will always see and say it until it's pointed out.

Im too old to remember that particular childrens' book, but reading that reminded me of an instance about 15 years ago when I told a work colleague that "definite"didnt have an "a" as the 3rd last letter....she was bewildered when she realised.

Admittedly, this is probably completely irrelevant, and she was probably just bad at spelling, but then again, it is amazing how many people spell that particular word with an "a" instead of an "i".

A little while after learning about the Berenstain Bears I started to learn and hear the names of Einstein & Frankenstein. Throughout highschool I studied Frankenstein so would have read the word repeatedly. Same with Einstein.

Between originally seeing the original word Berenstain & revisiting it 25 years later, I postulate I would have read the -stein ending thousands and thousands of times.

-nstain seems so foreign compared to -nstein that I just assumed when I saw it again that they were the Berenstein Bears as I've been conditioned to read that word ending for 20 odd years.

A little while after learning about the Berenstain Bears I started to learn and hear the names of Einstein & Frankenstein. Throughout highschool I studied Frankenstein so would have read the word repeatedly. Same with Einstein.

Between originally seeing the original word Berenstain & revisiting it 25 years later, I postulate I would have read the -stein ending thousands and thousands of times.

-nstain seems so foreign compared to -nstein that I just assumed when I saw it again that they were the Berenstein Bears as I've been conditioned to read that word ending for 20 odd years.

That's a really good response. Are you suggesting it's sort of like when thousands of people are told to trust the golden boy coach of a football club because he's the golden boy and would never ever ever lie or inject players with unknown Mexican drugs?

Sounds a bit contrived mate. Much more likely to be parallel universes.

That's a really good response. Are you suggesting it's sort of like when thousands of people are told to trust the golden boy coach of a football club because he's the golden boy and would never ever ever lie or inject players with unknown Mexican drugs?

That idea isn't mine, saw it in one of the forums but the idea of ' -nstein conditioning' made the most sense to me. I'm all for a parallel universe in which in 30 years time Essendon's drug doings are all but forgotten and replaced with another halcyon period of success in place of the Hawks.

FWIW, the missus swore it was the Berenstein Bears when I broached the topic to her today too.

That idea isn't mine, saw it in one of the forums but the idea of ' -nstein conditioning' made the most sense to me. I'm all for a parallel universe in which in 30 years time Essendon's drug doings are all but forgotten and replaced with another halcyon period of success in place of the Hawks.

FWIW, the missus swore it was the Berenstein Bears when I broached the topic to her today too.

I bet she said the Bears got her pissed, too, and she didn't know what she was doing and she swears it'll never happen agai - oh, sorry you meant as regards the subject matter at hand. Carry on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back