Multiplat Fallout 4

Remove this Banner Ad

No one has randomly come to my town for ages. I got I think about 16 people and it hovers at 80-82% happiness. I got more than enough beds, food, water, heaps of defence, shops but it isn't helping much.
I have assigned many people to my shops but no one really tends to be the shopkeeper there which is pretty damn annoying. There is always one at the first aid, sometimes at the general but no one ever is at the weapons/ammo one.

I dont think you can actually make them 100% happy

Yeah the molerat disease, I read that even if you don't get hit/bitten, the blood that spills on you or your companion gives you the disease. I didn't even see that I had it to be honest, otherwise if it were possible I'd have chosen to give it to both of us. Pretty sure they would have said only enough for one. I used a console command because it wasn't really clear that I actually have it, even though the risk of me going to get the cure meant I'd probably get it. There are other ways around it but it happened to me ages ago so I didn't wanna reload.

I didn't even notice I had it either until I was just casually looking through pipboy stuff. Read the same thing as you by the looks of it. I would have probably made the same decision anyway :)

I dont think you can actually make them 100% happy

You can but its pretty arse. I looked it up a bit so I knew how to get the trophy for it and in a nutshell it is defense greater than the sum of water + food then dump several level 3 clinics and sit around twiddling your thumbs for 2-3 hours since happiness won't go up while you are absent.

I didn't even notice I had it either until I was just casually looking through pipboy stuff. Read the same thing as you by the looks of it. I would have probably made the same decision anyway :)

Yeah I probably would have as well, my first playthrough is always a super heroic good guy.
Then I'm an evil bastard.

Preston Garvey has been easily the worst companion for me so far.
I'm sure he can carry as much as others, probably just finding heavy items to give him, but it seems like always have to go back and drop my stuff off more regularly.
Main problem is that he never follows and gets lost all the time. Had to take on like 50 gunners alone because he got lost.

No one has randomly come to my town for ages. I got I think about 16 people and it hovers at 80-82% happiness. I got more than enough beds, food, water, heaps of defence, shops but it isn't helping much.

What's your charisma at?

Last edited:
After I've maxed out the relationship with Piper and got the perk can I travel with someone else or will she lose interest? I'm not going to turn my dude into a jiggalo but I wouldn't mind chilling with some of the other bros and hoes and helping them out with their missions and stuff.
I ditched Piper at Sanctuary and travel with Curie now. But whenever I go back to Sanctuary and sleep the perk still pops up, so Piper is clearly a stage 5 clinger.

For those who have reached Covenant, do you eventually go there for missions? I came across through free roaming and that bloke wants me to snoop around, but I don't wanna ruin anything in future.

Ok so I've come across three Mirelurk queens now. 1 in the castle, 1 that seemed to be a boss for a different particular quest, and one that was just in the wild. I can one shot kill them now but they still give me one hell of a fright!

Really happy with my outpost Zimonja settlement now. I've taken screenshots but is there any way of getting them onto a computer without Xbox live (which I don't have/ need as odd as that sounds).

Just discovered it tonight and reckon I might start a settlement there too. Took me ******* ages to kill bloody Boomer. All my guns are s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preston Garvey has been easily the worst companion for me so far.
I'm sure he can carry as much as others, probably just finding heavy items to give him, but it seems like always have to go back and drop my stuff off more regularly.
Main problem is that he never follows and gets lost all the time. Had to take on like 50 gunners alone because he got lost.
Drop item on floor, command companion to grab it. They'll grab it regardless of weight limits.

I just finished a quest for Danse. The one where you have to follow the distress signals. Well i finished it and it says talk to Danse, but it doesnt finish the quest.

Damn bugs

Found these creepy bastards guarding a suitcase, nothing of value inside though disappointingly

QtwJTzO.jpg

I just finished a quest for Danse. The one where you have to follow the distress signals. Well i finished it and it says talk to Danse, but it doesnt finish the quest.

Damn bugs

Same thing happened to me, it will eventually pop as completed if you progress the main story

Found these creepy bastards guarding a suitcase, nothing of value inside though disappointingly

QtwJTzO.jpg

Yeah I shoot the heads off those things.

Creepy bastards is right.

For those who have reached Covenant, do you eventually go there for missions? I came across through free roaming and that bloke wants me to snoop around, but I don't wanna ruin anything in future.
I got busted pick pocketing and had to kill everyone, so I'm hoping they aren't all that important.

*By playing, I meant make a 3 story tree house at Sanctuary Hill. So much wood and steel

Started yesterday. I've completed a couple of missions, killed a few raiders, built some crops and defenses back at Sanctuary... and I've already developed a dependency on this game.

I should have held out, as I really need to be upping the ante at work for the next two weeks :(

Anyone else find those house plots too limiting in size? I want to expand damnit.

Started yesterday. I've completed a couple of missions, killed a few raiders, built some crops and defenses back at Sanctuary... and I've already developed a dependency on this game.

I should have held out, as I really need to be upping the ante at work for the next two weeks :(

Anyone else find those house plots too limiting in size? I want to expand damnit.

You can put floor supports in to make houses bigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back