Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are numerous calls on this forum for the club not to take the tainted gaming revenue.

However no-one presents a viable revenue replacement strategy.

Better management.......Full stop.
We've got fat over the years.....fat, lazy, lacking vision and arrogant to boot.

Had have we been progressive and set out to attract members that extra 20K may have gone a long way to us dumping the coin-munchers.
Where there's a will there's a way..........we just haven't had the will.

We've got fat over the years.....fat, lazy, lacking vision and arrogant to boot.

Had have we been progressive and set out to attract members that extra 20K may have gone a long way to us dumping the coin-munchers.
I just get the impression we have fallen a long way behind the well run clubs.

and did everyone notice the Hawthorn poker venues - somehow making twice as much as everybody else's WTF
Have they got more machines than anyone else? I would have thought the return per machine would be pretty much the same across all clubs, i would assume they just have more machines in their venues.

I am still trying to get my head around their sit in protest involving actually using the machines.
Collingwood supporters using our hard earned tax dollars to stop people gambling, what is the world coming to?

Pokies are a scam but I could care less who uses them, if its not there they will find another way.

Someone needs to take a look at - and I hate saying this - Richmonds finance model - they are generating more profit from less income, even if you take out social clubs and pokies.

Have they got more machines than anyone else? I would have thought the return per machine would be pretty much the same across all clubs, i would assume they just have more machines in their venues.
No, there's must be used 24x7 or something as their 2 venues that have 80 and 75 machines both have over $11M lost at each
while we have 4 venues of 100, 80 and 2x60 machines and none of our venues have $6m lost at them
Apart from Hawthorns 2 clubs the next closest in losses/profit is a Melbourne venue with $7M
I dont know if you have to be an AGE subscriber to open this link but here it is

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...bs-starting-with-carlton-20151127-gl9vrg.html

No, there's must be used 24x7 or something as their 2 venues that have 80 and 75 machines both have over $11M lost at each
while we have 4 venues of 100, 80 and 2x60 machines and none of our venues have $6m lost at them
Apart from Hawthorns 2 clubs the next closest in losses/profit is a Melbourne venue with $7M
I dont know if you have to be an AGE subscriber to open this link but here it is

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...bs-starting-with-carlton-20151127-gl9vrg.html
Interesting article, not evident why the discrepancy in return from the venues.

Do not like :

CARLTON’s miserable 2015 season brought about a loss of almost $1 million, fuelled by a decrease in attendances, player injury payments and sweeping coaching and staff changes.

The Blues announced the big loss on Saturday, with president Mark LoGiudice saying he was confident the club could make a profit again next year.

LoGiudice urged Carlton supporters to stay patient as he was confident the tide would start to turn off and off the field

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/8c8b842fe2db57549b83a3b2249beb74

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was $900k in The Age. $250,000 AFL tax to support struggling clubs. I'm certain I read an article speculating on a $2,000,000 loss.

There was, if its only a million after the last two years we've had, thats not bad - and more importantly, its recoverable. Also depends if its an operating or consolidated loss. Annual Report is needed.

One wonders if it has anything to do with the demographics of the catchment areas. There is a stack of money in the outer eastern suburbs where Vegas at Waverley Gardens is located.

A large concentration of a particular ethnic group that doesn't mind a spot of gambling.

I know what you mean Kruzering and I am not having a dig at you but getting back to the crux of the debate is that it is not so much 'gambling' as donating as people need to be protected from their belief that they can win (long term)

View attachment 196306

Not good .. Tainted money squeezed from the naive and vulnerable of society.

Also all the pokies money over the years hasn't improved our on field performance, time to get rid of this toxic revenue stream

So they bring in laws to stop people protesting at abortion clinics who harass customers, but these idiots are allowed to go into a legit business and stop others going about what they want to do by their own free will?

I wish these nanny state types would * off and get the hell out of other peoples lives.

So they bring in laws to stop people protesting at abortion clinics who harass customers, but these idiots are allowed to go into a legit business and stop others going about what they want to do by their own free will?

I wish these nanny state types would **** off and get the hell out of other peoples lives.
You don't think there's a difference between abusive, intimidating and threatening behaviour outside a clinic that provides medical services, and a peaceful sit in in a gambling venue?

You don't think there's a difference between abusive, intimidating and threatening behaviour outside a clinic that provides medical services, and a peaceful sit in in a gambling venue?
Some of these pro-life anti-abortion protesters in America are shooting doctors and staff at clinics.

I just don't get it.

Collingwood supporters using our hard earned tax dollars to stop people gambling, what is the world coming to?

Pokies are a scam but I could care less who uses them, if its not there they will find another way.
Don't Care About Anyone Else But Me thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back