Collingwood v Richmond. Who will win a premiership first?

Who will win a premiership first?

• Collingwood

• Richmond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should start a poll for this. Imo Adams is a far better player than both of them, although it's closer between him and Vlastuin than him and Conca. Conca has done nothing to have his name in the discussion.
I think a more interesting one is Adams v Viney. I suggested that Adams was better once and Melbourne supporters went off tap even though Adams has better stats in all the key areas. My view is that currently Adams is underrated and Viney overrated.

I think a more interesting one is Adams v Viney. I suggested that Adams was better once and Melbourne supporters went off tap even though Adams has better stats in all the key areas. My view is that currently Adams is underrated and Viney overrated.

Yeah I think that is a good comparison. I agree with you that Adams is quite underrated and certainly think he's got a good case for being as good if not better than Viney (perhaps it is just bias that makes me choose Jack). I would say that currently Adams has better ball winning capabilities and ability to hit the scoreboard, whilst Viney imo has him covered for leadership qualities and ability to shut down an opposing midfielder. Both could do with more polish by foot and both have fantastic hands in congestion. Should actually start a poll for that one.

Just to dispell the myth that Collingwood is infinitely younger than Richmond:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2016

Collingwood's list has an average age of 24 y.o, and average experience of 60 games per player.

Richmond's list has an average age of 23.8 y.o, and average experience of 61 games per player.

Going into 2016, these two teams are basically even in their list builds when it comes to age and experience, so it will be interesting to see who does better. My money is still on Richmond to outperform the Magpies, because I think the quality at the top end of our list is better, and I also think the Tigers have better depth and talent than Collingwood in the 25th to 35th best players area too.

Oh, gee, let me see now. Might have to think very, very deeply.

FFS, what do you think? Tigers will say us, Pies will say them.

Spot On - Want Non Pies/Tigers Fans to tell us what they Think

Just to dispell the myth that Collingwood is infinitely younger than Richmond:

https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2016

Collingwood's list has an average age of 24 y.o, and average experience of 60 games per player.

Richmond's list has an average age of 23.8 y.o, and average experience of 61 games per player.

Going into 2016, these two teams are basically even in their list builds when it comes to age and experience, so it will be interesting to see who does better. My money is still on Richmond to outperform the Magpies, because I think the quality at the top end of our list is better, and I also think the Tigers have better depth and talent than Collingwood in the 25th to 35th best players area too.
Tigers have more ready made depth, as ours is really much younger in that regard. Whereas Collingwood's youngsters are far more exciting than what Richmond has other than Vlaustan and Ellis.

Tigers have more ready made depth, as ours is really much younger in that regard. Whereas Collingwood's youngsters are far more exciting than what Richmond has other than Vlaustan and Ellis.

Is it though?

I mean sure, I get what you are saying, but I just don't think the stats back this up.

Here's the Top 10 of both teams in the last B&F. I've rounded up the ages to indicate what they will be at the start of next year.

Richmond's Top 10 in the B&F:

Alex Rance (26)
Dustin Martin (24)
Brett Deledio (29)
Anthony Miles (24)
Jack Riewoldt (27)
Trent Cotchin (25)
Nick Vlastuin (21)
Bachar Houli (27)
Shaun Grigg (27)
Dylan Grimes (24)

Compared with Collingwood:

Scott Pendlebury (28)
Dane Swan (32)
Jack Crisp (22)
Taylor Adams (22)
Steele Sidebottom (25)
Tom Langdon (21)
Marley Williams (22)
Nathan Brown (27)
Travis Cloke (29)
Travis Varcoe (27)

Collingwood's best 10 has some quality youngsters in it, but Richmond's has just as many there (albeit 1 or 2 years older), but Richmond's older players in that group are mostly younger than Collingwood's older guys, so it evens out really.

My point is, there really isn't much difference between the two clubs. There's simply no indication that Collingwood's list is any younger or fresher than Richmond's.

Here are some Richmond players who are under 22 years old or younger:

Brandon Ellis - Already a very good/great young gun who's been on the cusp of the AA team in the past.
Kamdyn McIntosh - Had a breakout year in 2015, and there's no indication that he'll drop off. Very good young player.
Nick Vlastuin - Similar to Ellis, already a Best 22 player and a very solid contributor.
Liam McBean - Hasn't played much senior footy yet, however has led the VFL competition in goal-kicking for the majority of the past 2 or 3 years, and looks a very good young talent.
Ben Lennon - Has already shown a fair bit at senior level, and is set to become a dynamic medium sized forward for us in the future.
Connor Menadue - Played some solid senior footy in his first season at the club, and looks to have all the attributes to become a very solid regular in a couple of years.
Corey Ellis - Like Menadue, played some senior footy in his first year, in a team that was mostly winning, and has silky smooth skills.
Daniel Rioli - I know he's just been drafted, but this kid could be anything in a few years. If he's developed correctly (which the Tigers are pretty good at doing these days), he's got the potential to be a star.

That's 8 potentially elite young players right there who are all either 22 or younger.

Seriously, you can underestimate Richmond's young talent if you want to, but do it at your own peril buddy! ;)

This poll is an insult to Richmond

The pies should be compared to Brisbane and carlton , because that is where they finished on the ladder . So many years in decline now the pies yet their fans are so full of hope .

It is so cute
Is this coming from the team who have appeared in 5 finals series in 34 years... That's cute if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how every supporter rallys against Richmond,even Sydney fans stroking Collingwood's arse.Why is a Richmond flag such a great fear to opposition fans?
Every Richmond loss this year,the game threads overflowed with flogs galore.
We win games and toys are thrown.
What is it about our magnificent club that gets you so upset?
A) I'm also a sports journalist, so I do take an interest in all the other clubs. Whilst I despise Collingwood on game day, I also can give a more objective analysis of their list.
B) It's not a fear of Richmond winning a flag, it's just that they never have looked like doing it in the past (well, once they actually got to finals)
C) "We win games and toys are thrown." You win games, but not in September, which is why I don't have you up there in 2016 flag stakes. And once you guys fall, Collingwood are in a better position to take your place.
D) "What is it about our magnificent club that gets you so upset?" Not much really, they don't scare me at all once they get to finals.

So in the last couple of days it's come to light that the reason why Adam Treloar chose Collingwood is because he expects them to be a better chance of winning premierships in coming seasons. The Herald Sun has followed that up with an analysis of the respective team lists which I can't access on their dirty pay wall.

So I put the same question to the much more accomplished posters on this board. Which team is more likely to win a premiership in the coming years.
Collingwood obviously!

The pies should be compared to Brisbane and carlton , because that is where they finished on the ladder . So many years in decline now the pies yet their fans are so full of hope .

It is so cute
This is a pretty cute post

The pies should be compared to Brisbane and Carlton , because that is where they finished on the ladder . So many years in decline now the pies yet their fans are so full of hope .

It is so cute

35 years in the wilderness means that Tiger fans are now on speaking terms with Demons & Saints fans.

There's a certain affinity there.

It is so cute

Wut.

Pies list is miles, MILES ahead of Richmond in terms of building for a flag.

Richmond has, quite frankly, the worst list in the league when the ultimate goal is achieving a flag.

donald2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back