The best post/thread you ever read

Remove this Banner Ad

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I am constantly blown away by some of the posts on this forum keeping me constantly entertained; whether its a clever joke, a meme, a well thought out and structured post or a witty retort.

What is the best post you have ever read on this forum, by who, and what was the context?

I am constantly blown away by some of the posts on this forum keeping me constantly entertained; whether its a clever joke, a meme, a well thought out and structured post or a witty retort.

What is the best post you have ever read on this forum, by who, and what was the context?
Any "inb4 [insert punchline]" effort

Impossible to remember them all and compare. You'd remember one, choose that, then be reminded of another that was even better. Place is a goldmine.

However, the most memorable right now was a lighthearted moment to break a lot of tension.

Black Saturday bushfires, 2009 I think.

Fire sweeps through Kinglake where thylacine60 was residing. No posting, no word. Posters start talking. The toll starts mounting. We start checking survivor lists with red cross and so forth. Entered his name on an online list looking for word. One of our posters (Five/Coach) drives to the area and tries to enter past the barricades to see if he can find something out and gets turned back, all the while walking me through his movements on the phone.

I remember one or two posters straight out said they feared the worst and the mood was very sombre. I don't remember how many days later and the discussion still going, Thy suddenly posts 'You idiots, extinct not dead.'

Incredible tension breaker and one of the more memorable posts on the Carlton board.

There is one post that sticks in my mind though. Can't remember if it was on the main board or Bay 13, but it was a discussion about Cotchin and someone put a picture of him squirting water on his head from a bottle at training I think. Captioned it with something like "Captain? Can't even use a water bottle properly."

The timing and wording of the post were just perfect. Had me in stitches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think it was the main board, picture of dustin Martin doing the prison cross salute thing after a goal in the 13 elimination final.

The op contained the picture and was ranting about it being inappropriate and showed he wasn't concerntrating on the game.

First post " I've got no problem with blokes preparing for life after football", just cracked me up for,some reason.

I also often pinch the witty sledges thrown around in here and use them on game day to get a laugh

However, the most memorable right now was a lighthearted moment to break a lot of tension.

Black Saturday bushfires, 2009 I think.

Fire sweeps through Kinglake where thylacine60 was residing. No posting, no word. Posters start talking. The toll starts mounting. We start checking survivor lists with red cross and so forth. Entered his name on an online list looking for word. One of our posters (Five/Coach) drives to the area and tries to enter past the barricades to see if he can find something out and gets turned back, all the while walking me through his movements on the phone.

I remember one or two posters straight out said they feared the worst and the mood was very sombre. I don't remember how many days later and the discussion still going, Thy suddenly posts 'You idiots, extinct not dead.'

Incredible tension breaker and one of the more memorable posts on the Carlton board.
It is funny but I had reason to be sharing that moment with friends yesterday ODN
One correction - I was not turned back, my walk had just about reached Kinglake where I would have found that extinct Thylacinus cynocephalus but on recieving your text message that the big idiot was safe, I was able to stop my subterfuge and get a lift back to my car with the grumpy boys in blue.
A very weird experience for despite having lost my own house, the miles of uniform black stick figure trees looked strangely beautiful as I walked up that eerily silent road
"Extinct not dead", is something I will never forget

Remove this Banner Ad

Back