News New Jumpers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would have 100% agreed with this until the power ranger farce

To hear that jumper was their number one seller for 2015 floored me

The old economic motivators is your answer though. If cartoons didn't sell and kids were just buying the regular kit, clubs wouldn't persist in making and selling them

The only reason they exist is to make money after all
I would suggest they don't make as much for the clubs as we are led to believe.
I would suggest the manufacturers are making money from them, but not necessarily the clubs.

As far as Hawthorn saying the power ranger jumper was popular, I can't say I believe them.
It sounds like the sort of thing Kevin Sheedy would say when he was coaching Essendon.
Then when challenged on it he'd qualify with "one of the best sellers"

Imagine if BLK fixes everyone else's colours, but not Richmond's. Holy s**t, that'll be funny.
I wouldnt be suprised to be honest, the other teams colours are far easier to get right. They seem to have an issue with their material and Black. 2014 was the best they have ever done it for us and this year was by far the worst. Its possible that the other BLK teams will look amazing in 2016 and Richmond's will still look faded because of their material not responding well to black dye

2011/12/13 were faded but nowhere near this year's level

I would suggest the manufacturers are making money from them, but not necessarily the clubs.

As far as Hawthorn saying the power ranger jumper was popular, I can't say I believe them.
It sounds like the sort of thing Kevin Sheedy would say when he was coaching Essendon.

Not sure about that, it was in a pretty in depth interview on aw if memory serves (i.e. It wasn't just a sound bite)

It's a little like Brisbane's focus group and unbelievable positive feedback that far outweighed the handful of negative feedback that occurred with the paddle pop jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't really call any of that a bandwagoner, bandwagoners are people who only support a team solely because they're winning.

No, most of the young-to-middle aged hipsters who support Port at the moment have only jumped on in the last couple of years.

Maybe I'm thinking when the side panels transitioned to those odd blue lines on the back which made it look like full hoops from the front.

That was Puma, as West Coast had the same problem as it looked like there was a random blue line on the back of the tri-panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back