GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West have signed bloke from bell park Tyson Doherty very good 2s player from what I'm told , and good senior player from ocean grove .. So that's positive
The insightful, analytical, and very informative TSUNAMI is back. Where's FALSENINE so we can have the quinella???

If a player signs a "Contract" for another club and has not been cleared and Decides to stay at his original club is that "Contract" null and void ??

Yep
yep they still that clubs player till cleared
Well I'm signed a contract for next year and have decided to stay and have been told by my club that the contract is not valid till I'm cleared.
what duz the Afl Barwon rules say on the matter. This means that I can stay at my Original Club ? and they can stick there contract.

Well I'm signed a contract for next year and have decided to stay and have been told by my club that the contract is not valid till I'm cleared.
what duz the Afl Barwon rules say on the matter.
It is irrelevant until you lodge a clearance and have been cleared it is null and void

what duz the Afl Barwon rules say on the matter. This means that I can stay at my Original Club ? and they can stick there contract.

u r the one who should stick it!
u made a commitment to a club who wuld hav budgets and lists finalized then you pull this stunt. u signd a contract, u should hav to live with that. Another little punk who thinks he's gods gift to the GDFL.. il give u a tip, the club that u signed for wuldnt want u now, and if I were ur old club id tell u to get lost too.
If people backflipping on signd contracts becomes the norm it would ruin off season recruiting.

Last edited:

Not totally correct to my understanding. Your signed a contract with a new club and it's based on you being cleared not based on giving you 90 days cooling off period. Also when signing a contract you usually sign a clearance form which will be lodged when clearances open. The new club can hold you to this contract, but agree with Stu Dew it's not good for you to do a backflip.

Not totally correct to my understanding. Your signed a contract with a new club and it's based on you being cleared not based on giving you 90 days cooling off period. Also when signing a contract you usually sign a clearance form which will be lodged when clearances open. The new club can hold you to this contract, but agree with Stu Dew it's not good for you to do a backflip.
Your wrong signing with a club means nothing until you get cleared I don't agree with it but it's facts

Your wrong signing with a club means nothing until you get cleared I don't agree with it but it's facts

So what if they sign at a club, then another club comes along and offers a better deal and they sign on there. So they have then signed at 2 clubs. What happens here..

Travel from Melbourne is gunna be to much being paid down here or playing for free in Melbourne if I can Ill stay in Melbourne I agree about the back flip but That's Life

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what if they sign at a club, then another club comes along and offers a better deal and they sign on there. So they have then signed at 2 clubs. What happens here..
The best deal wins. Happens at every club in every region, it sucks but that's life, after all it's only local footy and most players are in it for themselves. It's unfortunate.

It's not fair on the committee that chases all the sponsors and dollars for these clubs to run, and these are the people that get burnt the most.

Yeah they sure can it's morally wrong but unless they sign with their original it means nothing

Breaking news from the_voice- never played a game of footy in his life, would rather be on pointless forums talking about garbage that know body cares about, who did you watch train tonight crumb?

mattyman0,

You come on here and just make us bs!

I have played more games of footy than you have had hot dinners son...

Do you play footy mattyman01? I bet you are one of those guys that goes to a new club every year and tell them that you are a gun but get found out the moment you pull on the boots and every realises you are flog.

Who do you play for by the way? I reckon you play for Apollo Bay and you signed to play there this year!!!

Anyway I hope the bay treats you well Reece Walsh.

You do all realize that Luke Forbes played all his juniors at Joeys & Newtown and only crossed to Thomson after this for $$? We cant really claim him as a GDFL player!
Actually you are wrong. Luke played juniors at Thomson before playing at the Falcons.

mattyman0,

You come on here and just make us bs!

I have played more games of footy than you have had hot dinners son...

Do you play footy mattyman01? I bet you are one of those guys that goes to a new club every year and tell them that you are a gun but get found out the moment you pull on the boots and every realises you are flog.

Who do you play for by the way? I reckon you play for Apollo Bay and you signed to play there this year!!!

Anyway I hope the bay treats you well Reece Walsh.
Lol you are an absolute muppet, surprised you get internet in Whittington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back