Fremantle's 4th Pick: Shane Yarran (Rest in Peace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have drafted posts 3 times now, and I changed my mind - probably with good judgement.

Moo summed my thoughts up pretty well. I understand the need to discuss the past. I am sure he is open about it (as a mentor), mind you I have never met Shane. I love redemption. I love people that can overcome ..well things that are hard to overcome. This bloke Shane Yarran has had a harder life than me, he never had the opportunities I had, or the role models I had.

He went down a bad path as a youngster (missing draft at a young age), spent his good years in gaol, and when out - he was a different lad - and he deserves my respect now.

I am happy with the pick. I just wish him luck. For once, maybe things will go this kids way. He is still young. Go Son.
65382829.jpg

I think the reason why people think Pearce is a better defender than forward is because right now he is still rather skinny, which means his only major weakness is contested marking. It's easier to spoil than to mark if you're skinny. If he puts on about 8-10kg he would probably develop a pretty good contested mark. He has every other necessary attribute to make it as a forward.

I see him being a legitimate swingman in a couple of years. Play him in defence until then.

Everyone is a better defender than a forward. Playing as a forward target is the hardest position in the game, which is why good key forwards are worth their weight in gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just bumped into our new recruit Yarran down at the beach around Margaret river.Yarran mentioned he and the new recruits were down he with last year's draftees trekking.
Yarran scored a couple of freshly caught crayfish off me,he said I'll tell the lads I caught them with my bare hands.

SY said he was so amped to make the most of the opportunity he has been given by the FFC.

No he isn't. He is a genuinely poor kick of the footy. If he could kick he wouldn't be here as he'd have been drafted alot higher than the 30something we took him at.
His kicking looked pretty good down at training last week. Both field kicking and his set shots were on target from 40-50.
If you want to see someone who really can't kick try Tanner Smith.

I just bumped into our new recruit Yarran down at the beach around Margaret river.Yarran mentioned he and the new recruits were down he with last year's draftees trekking.
Yarran scored a couple of freshly caught crayfish off me,he said I'll tell the lads I caught them with my bare hands.

SY said he was so amped to make the most of the opportunity he has been given by the FFC.
He's a good bloke!!!

He will give it everything he's got.

The guy isn't 18 years old. This is his only chance at making it in the big league. We know it, he knows it.

We are really in for a great ride with Yarran I reckon. Can just feel that he's going to light it up and make his stamp on the game.

He will give it everything he's got.

The guy isn't 18 years old. This is his only chance at making it in the big league. We know it, he knows it.

We are really in for a great ride with Yarran I reckon. Can just feel that he's going to light it up and make his stamp on the game.

He mentioned his little daughter a few times in our conversation,got me thinking this lad wants his little girl the best he can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back