Opinion Jumper Number predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

coniglio_number1

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2011
pannawonica
AFL Club
GWS
So who do you think will end up in what number? Who will take the number 2? Or the infamous 11?

My predictions

#2: Jacob Hopper
#11: Steve Johnson
#14: Matt Kennedy
#15: Harrison Himmelberg
#17: Jeremy Finlayson
#27: Matt Flynn
#28: Sam Reid
#30: Dawson Simpson
#31: Daniel Lloyd

So who do you think will end up in what number? Who will take the number 2? Or the infamous 11?

My predictions

#2: Jacob Hopper
#11: Steve Johnson
#14: Matt Kennedy
#15: Harrison Himmelberg
#17: Jeremy Finlayson
#27: Matt Flynn
#28: Sam Reid
#30: Dawson Simpson
#31: Daniel Lloyd

What number did Reid have the first time around, before picking up 50 for the NEAFL and des he stay with 50?

The club is notoriously slow in dealing out numbers. Wouldn't be surprised if it's not done until next year

Well they've already moved into their lockers - so they all know what their numbers are. The club is just notoriously slow in telling the rest of us.

I remember last year, my little fella getting Jarrod Pickett's autograph on a hat and he signed it with 26 but it was still another fortnight before the numbers were officially announced.

On the video of the presser with the new guys it looked like Kennedy was is 45 (it may have been 15, but it looked more like 45 to me)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guarantee Finlayson is changing numbers. No way will he be stranded on 47 with 44 the closest inhabited number.

Unless of course he enjoys his space

Nothing wrong with a high number. How many games did Shaun Rhen play in the 52 or Boris Enright in 44. Ling was a premiership captain in 45. Quite a few great players have carried big numbers throughout their career.

I like Johnson in 17, rather than Hopper or Kennedy for example having to deal with more 'replacing Treloar' chatter.

I expect 15 will see a fair bit more seniors action than it did in the first 4 years.

Pickett and 3 others to get upgrades to 11, 14, 28 and 31, then Reid and Lloyd presumably get what's left?

Odd change for Pickett to move. It's not like 26 is outlandishly high and Simpson wore 16 at Geelong so that's not it. What did he wear as a junior? Does he have a lucky number? He's from some pretty impressive footy bloodlines - what did they all wear? Has that now become available?

Be interesting to find out why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back