2016 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Western Bulldogs (Expecting big things from the Dogs)
2) Fremantle (Will win enough games to be top 4, but that's where it stays, Lyon must change tactics)
3) Hawthorn (Getting older, but will remain top 4)
4) Geelong (Expecting big improvement with a good draw, no excuses)
5) Richmond (The Tigers will be around thereabouts, only to completely go on and stuff up their first final?)
6) Collingwood (Pies will improve, wouldn't surprise me at all if they found themselves top 4)
7) Port Adelaide ( The Power will be switched on again)
8) West Coast (Will topple, may even topple out of the 8, pray they play Richmond in the first final.)
---------------------------------
9) Sydney (Will win games at home, but overall i reckon their shot)
10) North Melbourne ( Not convinced they will stick around, the draw will kill them)
11) GWS (Promise the world and will probably deliver bugger all)
12) Adelaide (Will miss the Danger man big time, one step backwards etc, but they will re-bound in 2017)
13) Melbourne (Marginal improvement, will be better under new coach in 2017)
14) St.Kilda (Stagnate, the Saints remain the same)
15) Gold Coast (Shot to bits, will require major reconstructive surgery to repair this bunch)
16) Brisbane (Only here because they might win enough games at home to be better than Blues and Dons.)
17) Essendon (In for one hell of a crappy year)
18) Carlton (0-22 is a distinct possibility).

Could be the worst bottom four in history.

Premiers : Dogs

Spoon : Blues

Brownlow : Fyfe

Coleman : Hogan

Rising Star: Parish

Runner ups: Fremantle

Swap Cats with Sydney and West Coast with Collingwood.

This is a H&A ladder, not after finals, which as has been pointed out to you means Richmond goes from 5th to 3rd. Probably only need an extra 1 win for this to happen so its hardly out of the question.
I still think Collingwood have too many holes on their list. Sure you have a strong young midfield, but you are expecting your kids in other areas to have exponential improvement and injury prone players to have full years to take you from 12th to inside the 8. Sorry but there is too much strong competition to make the 8 next year. I didn't realise how hard it would be to try and work out who would make it. Collingwood are nowhere near the certainties that you think they are.
12th to 8th in 2016 (at least 3 more wins) looks to be a much bigger ask than 5th to 3rd (1 more win and maybe a few %).
So you think Richmond who can't win with out Dilidio is going to make top 4 next year? Richmonds improvemt has to come from the youth and from watching the VFL there is not much there.
We lost about 6 games last year by less than 10 points. With the additions we have made to the squad and the further development of the youth it would not be unexpected for us to win 3-4 of those close games

So you think Richmond who can't win with out Dilidio is going to make top 4 next year? Richmonds improvemt has to come from the youth and from watching the VFL there is not much there.
We lost about 6 games last year by less than 10 points. With the additions we have made to the squad and the further development of the youth it would not be unexpected for us to win 3-4 of those close games
I get it you are a Collingwood supporter, so you think differently
Nothing you say will convince me that Collingwood is going to make the 8
Get over it

West coast
Hawthorn
North
Richmond
Geelong
Freo
GWS
Port
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Sydney
Adelaide
StKilda
Brisbane
Melbourne
Gold Coast
Essendon
Carlton

A few tough calls but there ya have it :/

I get it you are a Collingwood supporter, so you think differently
Get over it
Your post is just full of wishful thinking, your team finally cracks the top 4. Clubs that have been powerful finally fall down and teams you don't like slide backwards. Further more the justification of the position is laughable at best

Your post is just full of wishful thinking, your team finally cracks the top 4. Clubs that have been powerful finally fall down and teams you don't like slide backwards. Further more the justification of the position is laughable at best
Yet your belief of Collingwood powering into the finals is not wishful thinking and one eyed bias?
Please :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's great that Pies can attract young talent. Sorely needed since Mick had Pies as premiers and contenders. They have slipped big time under Bucks and look likely to continue this trend.
You really don't need to get your knickers in a knot when someone predicts your team to follow in pretty much the same line that they have been for the last few years.
Some people are tipping Dogs to struggle. Some are saying Hawks will.
Saying Pies have no chance of finals ain't that big a prediction with what they have achieved under Bucks. He's no giant in the coaching game. Great player. But so were KB, Tim Watson and Vossy.
Yet he has won more finals than Dimma. You normally look to add young talent to your club when you are rebuilding and looking to take the next step.

Yet your belief of Collingwood powering into the finals is not wishful thinking and one eyed bias?
Please :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Never had them powering towards the finals. When I do my ladder I would most likely have them between 7-9. They are no certainty but they will not finish lower than last season

About 5-6 years

Exactly, so as a Collingwood fan you would know that a strong team isn't built overnight, add to the fact that Mick built his time in a time where there was no GWS or GCS to take all the talent out of the draft pools you can understand these days why it takes a little longer to put together a strong side.

Never had them powering towards the finals. When I do my ladder I would most likely have them between 7-9. They are no certainty but they will not finish lower than last season
Yet I have Richmond finishing 2 spots higher than 2015 and Collingwood 1 spot higher than 2015 and I'm being highlighted by you for being unreasonable?
Heaven forbid I don't have you making the finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, so as a Collingwood fan you would know that a strong team isn't built overnight, add to the fact that Mick built his time in a time where there was no GWS or GCS to take all the talent out of the draft pools you can understand these days why it takes a little longer to put together a strong side.
It doesn't take any longer 1/3 of the 2010 team were rookies

Yet I have Richmond finishing 2 spots higher than 2015 and Collingwood 1 spot higher than 2015 and I'm being highlighted by you for being unreasonable?
Heaven forbid I don't have you making the finals
In your reasoning for us not improving you said because we lost as much as we got in that's is a ridiculous statement. We paid a heavy price with picks that is true but Aish, Treloar and Howe have achieved more than Seedsman, Kennedy and Freeman. I still rate those players but none of them have consistently delivered on there potential. The trio we brought in will offer a lot more in the short term.

In your reasoning for us not improving you said because we lost as much as we got in that's is a ridiculous statement. We paid a heavy price with picks that is true but Aish, Treloar and Howe have achieved more than Seedsman, Kennedy and Freeman. I still rate those players but none of them have consistently delivered on there potential. The trio we brought in will offer a lot more in the short term.
In your opinion you have, I don't rate Aish & Howe as highly as you do. I agree that Treloar is a gain, but I don't think its enough to cover the holes in other areas.

Also you may have improved your best 22, but you don't get through a season with only 22 players. You have traded away your picks and a big chunk of your depth which means when you get inevitable injuries you will need to play kids with almost no experience. I put one line on each team as a summary, sorry for not putting a paragraph on Collingwood. You would have disagreed with whatever I wrote so I guess it really doesn't matter.

In your opinion you have, I don't rate Aish & Howe as highly as you do. I agree that Treloar is a gain, but I don't think its enough to cover the holes in other areas.

Also you may have improved your best 22, but you don't get through a season with only 22 players. You have traded away your picks and a big chunk of your depth which means when you get inevitable injuries you will need to play kids with almost no experience. I put one line on each team as a summary, sorry for not putting a paragraph on Collingwood. You would have disagreed with whatever I wrote so I guess it really doesn't matter.
We traded out 3 players and got 3 in that really hurts our depth. Aish is a good player he had the second year blues this year but will thrive in a good environment like Crisp did last year

Not wanting to cause any trouble, but Aish hasn't necessarily achieved quite a lot. I mean he was hardly able to crack our best 22. A team who finished 2nd last and was ravaged by injury. I'd rate both Bell and Bastinac, as replacements with much higher skill and reliability, higher than Aish.

We traded out 3 players and got 3 in that really hurts our depth.
It does because you also delisted a bunch of players. You had 11 players go out and 3 players come in. 2 you re-rookied but can't play next year. That leaves a lot of inexperience which are now top of the list to replace injured players. Had Seedsman, Freeman & Kennedy stayed then they would at least had a few years of development and learning the Collingwood systems before they step in.

People criticise Richmond for who we brought in, but forget that we didn't lose anyone to get them, they improve our depth and the bottom 6 which is crucial to move up the ladder.

Aish is a good player he had the second year blues this year but will thrive in a good environment like Crisp did last year
Now who's being optimistic?

Last edited:
West coast
Hawthorn
North
Richmond
Geelong
Freo
GWS
Port
Bulldogs
Collingwood
Sydney
Adelaide
StKilda
Brisbane
Melbourne
Gold Coast
Essendon
Carlton

A few tough calls but there ya have it :/

like it... but not sure about Sydney missing...too much talent in the midfield and up forward

1st Hawthorn Hawks
2nd West Coast Eagles
3rd Sydney Swans
4th Geelong Cats
5th Fremantle Dockers
6th Port Adelaide
7th Richmond Tigers
8th Collingwood Magpies

9th Western Bulldogs
10th North Melbourne Kangaroos
11th Adelaide Crows
12th Greaten Western Sydney
13th Saint Kilda Saints
14th Brisbane Lions
15th Essendon Bombers
16th Gold Coast Suns
17th Melbourne Demons
18th Carlton Blues

West Coast Eagles have a hard draw but Hawks, Freo and Sydney are ageing and Port and Geelong have made good trades but won't be able to make a big enough leap to make it to the top spot. Richmond, Collingwood, Bulldogs and North will fight it out for the last spots in the 8. Richmond have got Yarran but were expecting more players to come. Collingwood have gained Howe, Treloar and Aish and will be a lot stronger. Bulldogs have a young list but teams will be able to catch on to there game plan. North are going too drop from age that was to me there last big chance they would have in a while to be a threat for the GF. GWS and Adelaide have lost arguably there best players making it hard for them to make the 8 currently but have improved chances for the future. Saints will continue to improve with a young list. Brisbane have quite a good list when all players are fully fit despite having a weak spine. Bombers looked better when Hird was gone and will have more confidence coming in to 2016. Gold Coast will be better with Ablett but would miss Bennell. Melbourne's new logo doesn't mean it is a new Melbourne they have traded Howe, Toumpas and fringe player Flitzpatrick and having Jamar and Cross retire they will struggle in 2016. Carlton have made good trading and same as Essendon looked better when there coach was gone (Mick Malthouse) but have a poor list still and could have the wooden spoon 2 years in a row.

1st Hawthorn Hawks
2nd West Coast Eagles
3rd Sydney Swans
4th Geelong Cats
5th Fremantle Dockers
6th Port Adelaide
7th Richmond Tigers
8th Collingwood Magpies

9th Western Bulldogs
10th North Melbourne Kangaroos
11th Adelaide Crows
12th Greaten Western Sydney
13th Saint Kilda Saints
14th Brisbane Lions
15th Essendon Bombers
16th Gold Coast Suns
17th Melbourne Demons
18th Carlton Blues

West Coast Eagles have a hard draw but Hawks, Freo and Sydney are ageing and Port and Geelong have made good trades but won't be able to make a big enough leap to make it to the top spot. Richmond, Collingwood, Bulldogs and North will fight it out for the last spots in the 8. Richmond have got Yarran but were expecting more players to come. Collingwood have gained Howe, Treloar and Aish and will be a lot stronger. Bulldogs have a young list but teams will be able to catch on to there game plan. North are going too drop from age that was to me there last big chance they would have in a while to be a threat for the GF. GWS and Adelaide have lost arguably there best players making it hard for them to make the 8 currently but have improved chances for the future. Saints will continue to improve with a young list. Brisbane have quite a good list when all players are fully fit despite having a weak spine. Bombers looked better when Hird was gone and will have more confidence coming in to 2016. Gold Coast will be better with Ablett but would miss Bennell. Melbourne's new logo doesn't mean it is a new Melbourne they have traded Howe, Toumpas and fringe player Flitzpatrick and having Jamar and Cross retire they will struggle in 2016. Carlton have made good trading and same as Essendon looked better when there coach was gone (Mick Malthouse) but have a poor list still and could have the wooden spoon 2 years in a row.

I think Eagles might do it tougher with more complex draw. But I don't think top 2 finish is out of reach for Eagles. I'm 50/50 on Collingwood, Cloke looks like getting on and Swan another year older but also new faces might be good

Top 4
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast
Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back