Hume Football League 2016-2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Winnet has signed at Cul with the other KSC boys.
Wow. Who else has signed there? Iain Mcgillivray and Lachie Bruce were more then handy players last year, will they be returning?
If so look out for Cul in the top 6

Wow. Who else has signed there? Iain Mcgillivray and Lachie Bruce were more then handy players last year, will they be returning?
If so look out for Cul in the top 6
I think you'll find they'll need a bit more than that to return back into the top 6. But it's great to see them getting some recruits. It's shaping up as another strong comp

Anyone else noticing the growing trend of Ovens and Murray stars reuniting in Hume league?
Might as well call Jindera the Hoppers and Brock Burrum the Panthers. Shows recruiting good club men can win flags!

Anyone else noticing the growing trend of Ovens and Murray stars reuniting in Hume league?
Might as well call Jindera the Hoppers and Brock Burrum the Panthers. Shows recruiting good club men can win flags!
Probably have a better chance of success given that Albury have the next 10 flags there for the taking.

Heard Walla have lost some big names after upwards of $70K has gone missing. Top 10 players have been offered new contracts worth only a small percentage of their match payments this year. very disappointing to see as Walla made some big strides last season. could see Walla unable to field a seconds team this year, maybe even fold. Any other news over the weekend?

Heard Walla have lost some big names after upwards of $70K has gone missing. Top 10 players have been offered new contracts worth only a small percentage of their match payments this year. very disappointing to see as Walla made some big strides last season. could see Walla unable to field a seconds team this year, maybe even fold. Any other news over the weekend?
How does $70k go missing?

Walla Saints holding onto the Wodonga group or they headed off to another mediocre club?

Not sure how but have heard the saints crew are off. hopefully a walla supporter is on here to confirm or deny?

How does $70k go missing?

I was told $50k by a local but it could be wrong he isn't overly involved with the club.

New committee comes in and finds the books missing upwards of $50k. Hopefully nothing untoward has happened and it's just accounting errors but on the surface what they are saying doesn't sound good.

As for the saints boys they are talking to a number of clubs. One of them approached us and said they are all looking for new deals after their contracts have been torn up. They said they have contacted a few other clubs as well.

[EDITED: I've removed some of the things I posted as they are unfound assumptions based on some of the executive and I didn't feel comfortable after positing it.]

Last edited:
McMaster from Tallangatta to Osborne, Singe from Corowa to Henty, Farewell staying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Leslie massive chance to be at Howlong I am led to believe

Don't know where you heard this from, but Dan turned down $2000 a game from Thurgoona and $1500 from Jindera telling both clubs he has no interest in leaving North Albury. Despite everything happening there, he is one of the guys that actually gets along with Aker.

Early predictions for season 2016:
Top 6:
BB Saints
Jindera
CDHBU
Lockhart
Billabong Crows
Henty

Biggest improver: Billabong Crows
Biggest slider: Walla if rumours are true
Biggest recruit to date : Nick Holman

Don't know where you heard this from, but Dan turned down $2000 a game from Thurgoona and $1500 from Jindera telling both clubs he has no interest in leaving North Albury. Despite everything happening there, he is one of the guys that actually gets along with Aker.
From what I would describe a fairly reliable source! Actually Akermanis wasn't mentioned at all, reasons were more he wanted to play with a couple of mates and have a crack at a flag before he finishes up. If he has knocked back those offers from those two clubs who would both be thereabouts then that is interesting. Money I was told wasn't an issue as his business is going well. Anyway I guess we will watch this space. Might be a few more rumours or disclosures surface with Christmas parties in full swing!

Early predictions for season 2016:
Top 6:
BB Saints
Jindera
CDHBU
Lockhart
Billabong Crows
Henty

Biggest improver: Billabong Crows
Biggest slider: Walla if rumours are true
Biggest recruit to date : Nick Holman
Surely you have to try slot in howlong ? Osborne? Perhaps your a bit to nice about Coreen Lockhart crows.
Top 6
Bb saints
Jindera
Henty
Coreen
Howlong
Osborne

Surely you have to try slot in howlong ? Osborne? Perhaps your a bit to nice about Coreen Lockhart crows.
Top 6
Bb saints
Jindera
Henty
Coreen
Howlong
Osborne

Perhaps I am, but I'm only going off what I've seen regarding recruits, departures and the draw. I haven't heard too much on the recruiting side for Howlong but going off they're rumoured departures (walker,eastoe,gray and dicketts) it's going to be hard to see them in the top 6. As for the Crows they have added some decent players that they can build a side around and with an easy draw they should be able to sneak in to the 6. It's only December and was purely just starting to try a conversation and get other views, no disrespect to any clubs.

Co
Perhaps I am, but I'm only going off what I've seen regarding recruits, departures and the draw. I haven't heard too much on the recruiting side for Howlong but going off they're rumoured departures (walker,eastoe,gray and dicketts) it's going to be hard to see them in the top 6. As for the Crows they have added some decent players that they can build a side around and with an easy draw they should be able to sneak in to the 6. It's only December and was purely just starting to try a conversation and get other views, no disrespect to any clubs.
has Crows recruited anyone besides them 4blokes from the Tigers reserves ?, apart from Brock burrum and jindera they seem to be the only 2 sides who have picked up players .

Where has Dicketts gone?

O'Sullivan was in the paper on the weekend being announced as going to Thurgoona.

Well I've got that one wrong then hey. I was talking to a guy from Henty late last week so that's where that info came from. Must have been before O'Sullivan told them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back